Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I installed a Kicker Key 200.4 amp in my BaseSquatch today and it made a HUGE difference. It was a straight forward install that took about an hour and a half. The install was made easy because of the harness from plugnplaykits.com. There was no need to cut, splice or drill anything. As you will see in the video below, it litterally was a plug and play operation.

The Kicker Key amp has a build-in automatic DSP that fixes Ford's terrible signal as well as adding 50 watts per channel. The combination is amazing. I have a nice 3 way component speaker set waiting to install in the front and now I'm not even sure I will bother. That is just how big of improvement this is.

I have suspected that Ford is intentionally degrading the sound quality of the base system in an effort to get customers to upgrade to the B&O. These amp and more importantly the smart DSP that is integrated in it really brings the entire stereo to life. Spend you money on this before you spend it on speakers. Good speakers can't fix low power and poor signal.

I put together a quick installation video but wasn't able to show the self tuning step because I needed my phone to play the kicker pink noise DSP turning track. If you want to see that step other installation videos show you how to do that.

Edit: the harness and amp are "Kit 11". Here is the direct link to the bronco kits.
https://plugnplaykits.com/products/...y-audio-harnesses-kits?variant=41130698473662

I have a Kit #11 with Kicker Key Amp for sale in the member marketplace if anyone is interested. Decided to go a different route with my rig. If you are in the Los Angeles area I can meet up!
Sponsored

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do you feel it is absolutely necessary to use bass blockers with the Kicker KS speakers? Do you use bass blockers with any brand of 4”Speakers?
I think it is. If you don’t use them there’s too much bass and those 4” speakers just don’t handle it well. Muffles the highs. You should be getting most of your bass from the kick panels anyway.

TexxasBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 and 2020 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a Kit #11 with Kicker Key Amp for sale in the member marketplace if anyone is interested. Decided to go a different route with my rig. If you are in the Los Angeles area I can meet up!
Willing to ship?

Jaustin410

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
yes, if you just want the harnesses. FYI, it is a bit more than buying individually, but I bought both the key amp and the powered subwoofer from PNPK and it was worth it...just ran the lines and plugged in the harness. Didn't want another power amp in the trunk with the sub so got the HS8 made by Kicker...enough bass for me!
Did this kit help fix the sound frequency sent to the back speakers? Did the rear speakers produce any mid/low sounds with this setup?

KeithK

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Did this kit help fix the sound frequency sent to the back speakers? Did the rear speakers produce any mid/low sounds with this setup?
The back specs are a bit hopeless but the DSP did help. Since I’m in the front, I barely notice them and the front four speakers plus powered amp are enough for me.

Sponsored

Jaustin410

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The back specs are a bit hopeless but the DSP did help. Since I’m in the front, I barely notice them and the front four speakers plus powered amp are enough for me.
Alright last question, for now haha. How are the speaker divided among channels? Does the AMP 1 setting control the front and the AMP 2 controller the rear? Would be nice if the kick panels had their own channel so that you could send more bass to those.

KeithK

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Alright last question, for now haha. How are the speaker divided among channels? Does the AMP 1 setting control the front and the AMP 2 controller the rear? Would be nice if the kick panels had their own channel so that you could send more bass to those.
Good question. I don’t know the details due to the plug and play feature of the amp and harness to the head unit.

Jaustin410

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good question. I don’t know the details due to the plug and play feature of the amp and harness to the head unit.
I would imagine it's front and back since the front speakers are wired in series.

Aurongel

Outer Banks
First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Challenger RT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Was so depressed to see the Kicker 200.4 Harness from plugnplaykits was sold out again 😭

Pugsly

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes amp 1 is front amp 2 is rear. I believe if you ask him he can make a cable to bi-amp the 200.4 and amp 1 will do dash, and amp 2 can do kick panel. You would have to run separate speaker wires to the kick panel and splice in at the loop on the aftermarket wire harness.

Sponsored

Jaustin410

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes amp 1 is front amp 2 is rear. I believe if you ask him he can make a cable to bi-amp the 200.4 and amp 1 will do dash, and amp 2 can do kick panel. You would have to run separate speaker wires to the kick panel and splice in at the loop on the aftermarket wire harness.
Appreciate the info! Thank you!

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Want to go on record and say that I posted way back I went with LLJ Customs, due to the 45 day wait for PlugNPlayKits at that time.

Do NOT go with LLJ. Nothing but a headache, and a whole lot of silence. They told me in email how their harness was far superior. Then told me I'd have it in 2 weeks. 1 1/2 weeks in I reached out to see if on schedule... SILENCE.... 2 weeks reached out.... SILENCE (and I'm talking multiple emails and text messages (cuz that's what they use). At the 3rd week, I reached out and said Cancel, oh then they decided to respond. Told me 25% restocking fee, no wait, let's change that to LABOR Fee (yeah they changed it). I said I don't care, Cancel! And they finally DID SOMETHING! Canceled and kept the 25% Bullshit Fee.

Ordered that same day from @plugnplaykits , I had my harness in 10 days. Finally had a dry enough weekend to do the install yesterday, couldn't be happier!

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Want to go on record and say that I posted way back I went with LLJ Customs, due to the 45 day wait for PlugNPlayKits at that time.

Do NOT go with LLJ. Nothing but a headache, and a whole lot of silence. They told me in email how their harness was far superior. Then told me I'd have it in 2 weeks. 1 1/2 weeks in I reached out to see if on schedule... SILENCE.... 2 weeks reached out.... SILENCE (and I'm talking multiple emails and text messages (cuz that's what they use). At the 3rd week, I reached out and said Cancel, oh then they decided to respond. Told me 25% restocking fee, no wait, let's change that to LABOR Fee (yeah they changed it). I said I don't care, Cancel! And they finally DID SOMETHING! Canceled and kept the 25% Bullshit Fee.

Ordered that same day from @plugnplaykits , I had my harness in 10 days. Finally had a dry enough weekend to do the install yesterday, couldn't be happier!

Good to know! I already have a PNP kit but add LLJ to my blacklist

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone with the Key 200.4 running into limiter issues? At 20/30 volume and gains zerod out I am hitting the limiter. Any addition to the gains and it’s riding it constantly. I feel like the speakers aren’t being pushed enough, the sound is alright but not a significant improvement over stock.
Did you figure out what is going on with this? I just installed the 200.4 with kit 11-4, have Polk db-402's in dash, JBL soundbar (which has 4" woofers and tweeters in it), and am hitting limiters with no gains and volume over 15. Volume 15 is not much better than before install. I did turn the gains up to see if it was louder, and it is way louder. I just need to figure out why I am hitting the limiter. I don't have the amp crossovers on, but will try 120 to see if that helps. I may add 300hz bass blockers after that in dash. I also have Polk 6.5" to put n kick panels. My thought is that the bass blockers and more powerful 6.5's might take care of it, but will see if that works or not.

Synyster06Gates

Badlands
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you figure out what is going on with this? I just installed the 200.4 with kit 11-4, have Polk db-402's in dash, JBL soundbar (which has 4" woofers and tweeters in it), and am hitting limiters with no gains and volume over 15. Volume 15 is not much better than before install. I did turn the gains up to see if it was louder, and it is way louder. I just need to figure out why I am hitting the limiter. I don't have the amp crossovers on, but will try 120 to see if that helps. I may add 300hz bass blockers after that in dash. I also have Polk 6.5" to put n kick panels. My thought is that the bass blockers and more powerful 6.5's might take care of it, but will see if that works or not.
Unfortunately nothing on my end. Still hitting limiters. I also don’t have the crossover set, but I can try that as well…
Sponsored