BWepps

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I installed a Kicker 180.4 last weekend (got an amazing deal for it vs. the 200.4). I've also upgraded all of the stock (non B&O) speakers including Kicker CS 6.75" in the kick panels. After running the DSP there is virtually no sound coming from the rear pods. They are like maybe outputting 10% of what the front soundstage does. Is that intentional?

I did the Forscan mod for the rear pods a while back, so they had more sound prior to setting up the DSP on the Kicker Amp.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Ryslegit

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had my 200.4 installed for quite some time and plan on removing it soon for a proper set up. I have been getting crackling sounds while playing music at any volume level with the gain set to 0. It seems to occur once things start to warm up as well and not sure if it's the amp itself or what, but I am over it.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed a Kicker 180.4 last weekend (got an amazing deal for it vs. the 200.4). I've also upgraded all of the stock (non B&O) speakers including Kicker CS 6.75" in the kick panels. After running the DSP there is virtually no sound coming from the rear pods. They are like maybe outputting 10% of what the front soundstage does. Is that intentional?

I did the Forscan mod for the rear pods a while back, so they had more sound prior to setting up the DSP on the Kicker Amp.

Thanks!
Try redoing setup w/fader dip switch turned off...even after forscan mods there is something flaky about the rear channels, and for whatever reason the DSP makes it worse

mintypickleman

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had my 200.4 installed for quite some time and plan on removing it soon for a proper set up. I have been getting crackling sounds while playing music at any volume level with the gain set to 0. It seems to occur once things start to warm up as well and not sure if it's the amp itself or what, but I am over it.
Have you double checked that your radio detect switch is in the correct position?

Ryslegit

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you double checked that your radio detect switch is in the correct position?
Yup, I’ve triple checked everything, have done multiple resets, and tried different configurations.

Sponsored

BWepps

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Try redoing setup w/fader dip switch turned off...even after Forscan mods there is something flaky about the rear channels, and for whatever reason the DSP makes it worse
That is super helpful advice and info @Bmadda !! Thank you and I'll do that today. (y)

BWepps

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Try redoing setup w/fader dip switch turned off...even after Forscan mods there is something flaky about the rear channels, and for whatever reason the DSP makes it worse
That is super helpful advice and info @Bmadda !! Thank you and I'll do that today. (y)

Also - would you suggest leaving the Fader dip switch turned off even after I've set up the DSP?

Last edited:

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Also - would you suggest leaving the Fader dip switch turned off even after I've set up the DSP?
Yes...you will not have fader control anymore, but you wont need it. The amp will figure out best what frequencies to send where and it does a pretty good job of it! (much better than the stock head unit anyway!)
EDIT: Also you should redo your gain adjustment afterwards. I was able to get the gain knobs more or less to an equal setting front and rear, and can crank all the way up w/out clipping...couldn't do that w/fader on. Another mistake I made was I had speed volume turned on in the head unit. Make sure that is off during setup!

Last edited:

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks!
The DSP is adjusting speaker output to give you a center-of-the-dash- focused front soundstage rather than surround sound. That’s normal but I know some people don’t like it. I’ve actually thought about just disconnecting my rears and running the amp in bi-amp mode with my component tweeters on the front channel and component mid ranges on the back to see how different that sounds.

plugnplaykits

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Pop back to this conversation - couple good thoughts in a row there.

This thread is getting pretty long, but in a nutshell most people have the gain all the way down. Seems the Kicker Key 200.4 if pretty well matched to the signal from the head unit. As you turn it up you notice clipping at higher volumes (lights on the amp will indicate this and the sound will drop out/clip). More gain doesn't equal more volume - you're trying to match the amp to the head unit.
This is 100% true . When using high-level input from a factory radio you are already receiving a very strong high voltage signal . this is what people do not understand gains are not a volume knob and the more you raise them the more noise and the more you freak out the amp the amp puts out the same amount of power whether the gains is all the way off or turned all the way up

Sponsored

BBSas

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have had my kicker key 200.4 installed for about 6 months now using Plgnplay harness. I ordered the additional power harness to run power directly from the amp to the battery. Just installed over the weekend, makes a big difference!! I would gues 20-30% more volume without the amp clipping. Highly recommend adding this harness and running the power wire to the battery.
Here is the link for power adapter.
Where did you mount your amp and where did you access the firewall at to run to the battery ? I just received everything and this is my weekend project.

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition Limited, 2006 BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Where did you mount your amp and where did you access the firewall at to run to the battery ? I just received everything and this is my weekend project.
Amp mounted on steering column, easy to run power through firewall grommet on drivers side to battery. Search on here, will find many pics and threads.

Barlos

Base
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Great! I did the same ins
Awesome ! I installed mine too around 6 months ago Mine clips around Vol 20 does yours do better than that ?
I hope I can get more volumen with this kit.