Slim23

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2dr Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just installed Key 200.4 and sound is a little more clear and louder but very flat and factory tone settings do nothing to sound. Had previously installed JL C1's in dash and kick panels (components) and Focals in rear pods. Had good sound and bass. After Key 200 everything seems flat.

Wired amp to battery, ground at factory spot near driver wiper. Ran DSP with car off and then adjusted gains with car running and left them near vertical.

DC
Fader On
Compression On
Bi-Amp Off
EQ on
Time delay on
Hi pass off.

No Forscan or Soundbar update for rear speakers done.

Any suggestions on changing settings, etc.?
I would try it with the compression turned off.
Sponsored

Mc1guil

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru Outback Wilderness
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For those of you running the kicker key 200.4 and the 500 to power a sub in the back, what are the optimal settings you used? Switched on the 200.4 and how did you do the auto tune since the 500 also has the auto-tune ?
Hooking everything up this weekend.

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Disconnect power from the 500 when you run the 200.4 DSP. You don’t want the sub’s amp running when the 200.4 is adjusting the imaging for your mids/highs.

I didn’t realize the 500 came with that feature. It didn’t come with the microphone.

if you didn’t get the 46CXARC control for the 500, I’d suggest you do. It’s helpful to adjust between top on/off to keep the bass where you want it.

Last edited:

Slim23

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2dr Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I set the 200.4 crossover at 80Hz and then experimented with the 500.1 crossover until I liked the sound. If that helps.

Only the 200.4 needs an external microphone during DSP. The 500.1 doesn't.

Because I listen mostly to acoustic jazz and classic rock, I didn't want a lot of boom. Therefore, I left the bass boost at zero.

I am very satisfied. It even does classical surprisingly well.

That onboard DSP is a miracle. However, I would have preferred a louder system over all. It's loud enough, but it doesn't sound like Ted Nugent live in 1975.

sbonomo

Wildtrak
First Name
stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M3/F-150 XL eco beast
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have recently upgraded the infinity reference speakers with Hertz 3-way MPK 163.3 PRO components . I still have the reference 4" speakers in the rear pods. All 8 speakers are being ran by a the 200.4. The hertz 3-ways are a huge upgrade over the mid-level infinity speakers. My question is has anyone tried bridging the 200.4 to 2-channels? I don't really hear any sound from the rear (granted i am never in the backseat) so was thinking why not give the fronts 2x the power and just scrap the rears all together or run them off of the head unit. I would love to hear what people are trying as we try to figure out this pitiful stereo we are burdened with!

Sponsored

SlvrSurfRidr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands Carbonized Gray 4DR, High/Tow, SoftTop
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have recently upgraded the infinity reference speakers with Hertz 3-way MPK 163.3 PRO components . I still have the reference 4" speakers in the rear pods. All 8 speakers are being ran by a the 200.4. The hertz 3-ways are a huge upgrade over the mid-level infinity speakers. My question is has anyone tried bridging the 200.4 to 2-channels? I don't really hear any sound from the rear (granted i am never in the backseat) so was thinking why not give the fronts 2x the power and just scrap the rears all together or run them off of the head unit. I would love to hear what people are trying as we try to figure out this pitiful stereo we are burdened with!
Think sound mode defaults to Driver, adjust to all and you'll get more sound out of the back
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/audio-defaults-to-driver-mode.67750/

SlvrSurfRidr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

sbonomo

Wildtrak
First Name
stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Try manually fading front and back. You'll definitly hear them back there. They are tiny ass speakers though. Might consider bigger speakers back there - check this thread:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ds-totally-worth-it.70520/page-5#post-2000538
Hahahahaha. - i have $1000 into the original design (kicker 200.4, infinity reference all the way around which was still awful), then another $2500 into the new upgrade (i got a smoking deal on the hertz - $750 + JL stealth box at $1,200). So $3500 in so far. I am not sure if i want to drop another 500-600 into pods and speakers for a marginal upgrade. What i am really wondering is if the Hertz will be better with additional power than whatever is in the rear (theory is that by doubling the power to the front components it will sound better than the two 4" drivers in the rear). Just wondering if anyone has tried it.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is there a different harness needed if you want to add a sub amp later

Sponsored

DJ1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That would be what I would do. I ran an older version of the Hertz component speakers in a previous car and giving them more power will show what they can really do. No comment on bridging the Kicker Key to a 2-channel, it looks like it may not be possible. You could try running it in bi-amp mode and send one channel to the woofer and one channel to the mid and tweeter on each side. Are you using the Hertz passive crossover? My only comment would be that you have great speakers with an underpowered, budget amp.

sbonomo

Wildtrak
First Name
stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That would be what I would do. I ran an older version of the Hertz component speakers in a previous car and giving them more power will show what they can really do. No comment on bridging the Kicker Key to a 2-channel, it looks like it may not be possible. You could try running it in bi-amp mode and send one channel to the woofer and one channel to the mid and tweeter on each side. Are you using the Hertz passive crossover? My only comment would be that you have great speakers with an underpowered, budget amp.
Yes i am using the passive cross overs.....uh, what a pandora's box i have opened :)

DJ1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

SlvrSurfRidr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is there a different harness needed if you want to add a sub amp later
Yes, you'll need a resistor or Line Out Converter. I went with:
KIT 12-1 KICKER KEY HARNESS ONLY WITH PAC LPA-1.2 SUB CONVERTER

You can get the resistor only in
KIT 11-2 KICKER KEY 200.4 WITH HARNESS WITH 17FT CORD & LOAD RESISTOR FOR HIGH LEVEL INPUT FOR POWERED SUB / AMP $525

hebertriddell

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I just installed the kicker key amp today with the plug and play wiring kit. Wired to battery and everything correctly grounded. I put kicker speakers all around and updated the rear mabbett pods to 6 3/4. I have the 7 speaker system, so I do have the sub and amp in the back. For whatever reason when I play anything with bass (rap) the speakers cut out and you just hear the sub and a little noise coming from it until I turn it back down.

Any ideas?
Sponsored