Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just a little flex in my woods.

Ford Bronco King 2.5 Bronco kit installed Polish_20220810_140609769

Anyone who says the grab handles are in a dumb spot hasn't tried re-entry from this position. 🤣

Ford Bronco King 2.5 Bronco kit installed PXL_20220810_183227085

There's plenty of room around the rear reservoir when tucked this much. I can get the thickest part of my hand between the cylinder and sidewall.

I could've pushed higher, but this was a downward slope and rolling is a possibility. lol

Ford Bronco King 2.5 Bronco kit installed PXL_20220810_183247327

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm still early in the break-in process and sitting very high.
Not much will “break in”. The coils shouldn’t sag and the wear in on seals, etc should be minimal. You may get a little height difference when the cams on the arms are moved for alignment.

OP
OP
Just_Jim

Just_Jim

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It's squatted a little after about 250 miles. I may end up turning the collars out to get it where I want.

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would like to know if you notice any "Spring" noise, I did a front coil over conversion (With Kings)on my 2007 JKU and could constantly hear the boing boing sound at low speed
Just finished my install this weekend and drove it last night and then again today. I’m definitely getting minor spring noise from the front, but it’s not bad at all. Oddly enough, I did the same install on my daughter’s 4Runner earlier this year and they’ve been absolutely quiet.

Removed the stock BB Hitachi units that had a 2” spacer lift installed and still gained a full inch over previous height. Ride quality is firmer, but noticeably improved across the board.

One note for anyone who is removing a similar config as mine - I had to use a coil spring compressor to remove both fronts and to install the driver’s side unit. Didn’t bother to determine why that side was different, but it’s a simple fix.

Overall, I’m VERY happy with this upgrade!

Sponsored

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One note for anyone who is removing a similar config as mine - I had to use a coil spring compressor to remove both fronts and to install the driver’s side unit. Didn’t bother to determine why that side was different, but it’s a simple fix.

Overall, I’m VERY happy with this upgrade!
Did you unbolt the lower arm to help with removal/installation?
I’ve noticed att the different coilovers direct to do so.

Last edited:

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
ZB
Did you in bolt the lower arm to help with removal/installation?
I’ve noticed att the different coilovers direct to do so.
I didn’t. Disconnected the track bar and tie rod then used the coil compressor and a long prybar to get them out and back in. Don’t think the passenger tie rod was absolutely necessary, but driver side definitely was. Without the coil compressor, I think I would’ve needed to remove the Lower arms as well.

This may be different on stock shocks with no spacer lift installed, but with the added height of the lift spacers plus the top-mounted lower shock bolts that have to come all the way through the lower arm, I didn’t have enough space without compressing the springs quite a bit.

Thankfully, the Kings come with bolts that are installed from the bottom side of the control arm after the shock is in position.

Ford Bronco King 2.5 Bronco kit installed image

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With this preload, how much lift do you get in the front?

OP
OP
Just_Jim

Just_Jim

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco King 2.5 Bronco kit installed PXL_20220814_193803956

Set as low as possible.
I’ve got 315’s on mine that are almost worn out (will have 37” KM3’s in a couple of weeks!). It’s sitting at 40 3/4” in front and 41 3/4” in the rear. I’ll make small adjustments to level everything out once the new tires and wheels are on.

For reference, The Kings gained +2” over the stock BB non-squatch shocks with a 2” spacer lift installed on my 2DR.

Sponsored

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This may be different on stock shocks with no spacer lift installed, but with the added height of the lift spacers plus the top-mounted lower shock bolts that have to come all the way through the lower arm, I didn’t have enough space without compressing the springs quite a bit.
I was told by one person to just knock those out of the bar pin while on the truck. They have a slight press fit and come out easily.
Make removal of the stock shocks way easier.

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was told by one person to just knock those out of the bar pin while on the truck. They have a slight press fit and come out easily.
Make removal of the stock shocks way easier.
Yeah, that would’ve made it a lot easier for sure. I definitely don’t love using a coil compressor.

OP
OP
Just_Jim

Just_Jim

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well, shit.... 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

I was doing a u-turn at full lock and drove over a curb. I heard the crunch and knew immediately what happened.

I've got the JKS extreme clearance kit coming and am waiting on the email for ordering another resi clamp. I think the best option for me is to stick it up where it was, but further in-board/forward by getting rid of the crash bar mounts.

Bungee'd up for the drive home.

Ford Bronco King 2.5 Bronco kit installed PXL_20220912_181914935

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well, shit.... 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

I was doing a u-turn at full lock and drove over a curb. I heard the crunch and knew immediately what happened.

I've got the JKS extreme clearance kit coming and am waiting on the email for ordering another resi clamp. I think the best option for me is to stick it up where it was, but further in-board/forward by getting rid of the crash bar mounts.

Bungee'd up for the drive home.

Ford Bronco King 2.5 Bronco kit installed PXL_20220912_181914935
Hate to see that, but at least it didn’t damage the hose or fittings! Had to go check my mounts to make sure that won’t happen to mine when I get the 37’s installed.

Quick question -how many clicks are you running on your adjusters up front?
Sponsored