First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm hearing theres more reservations for the bronco, than there was for the mach e... by a long shot. Thats just a rumor though.
roughly 40,000 Mach E reservations. Odds are about 30,000 Will actually order. Maybe less. I’m guessing we might cross 100,000 reservations for bronco.
Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

to be honest, if you ever visit a Ford plant, they dont seem to run the models together in batches, they just build them as ordered.... not saying they wont try to batch them, but thats from my personal experience visiting the plants.

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Odds are it will go something like

All first editions first (ish)
500 4 door Badlands
500 4 door Wild track
500 4 door Black Diamond
Etc etc

then
500 2 door badlands
500 2 door wild track
Etc etc

then start over again until all orders are filled. Just to make manufacturing easy.

So unless you ordered a FE or ordered within the first 48 hours. Your not going to drop far AT ALL if you cancel now
They may also have 2 or 3 lines going at the same time depending on how the production is planned and the assembly floor laid out

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
roughly 40,000 Mach E reservations. Odds are about 30,000 Will actually order. Maybe less. I’m guessing we might cross 100,000 reservations for bronco.
Thats what I was told, essentially the first year of bronco production is wrapped up in reservations.

Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you still change your dealer at time of order?
The Mach E could so I would guess this in the same realm of reality...

Dealer 1 will not negotiate price while dealer down the street will go back of sticker...

At that point people made their dealership decision...

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, thats the only time you can change it.
That may not be entirely true they are working on the reservation side (for those that have accounts and reservations) to give the consumer the ability to change dealerships...

I would guess the snafu is the $100 deposit having to transfer from one dealers account to another...this would have been nice if Ford would have held that in escrow for when the customer decides..

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That may not be entirely true they are working on the reservation side (for those that have accounts and reservations) to give the consumer the ability to change dealerships...

I would guess the snafu is the $100 deposit having to transfer from one dealers account to another...this would have been nice if Ford would have held that in escrow for when the customer decides..
That's may be, but We all will definitely be able to change dealers at reservation to order conversion time.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thats what I was told, essentially the first year of bronco production is wrapped up in reservations.
especially since first year bronco production is only going to run ~9 months vs 12 the first year might only get 120,000 broncos. Where every year after that could see 200k

Sponsored

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So glad I’ve been building my relationship with my dealer for a while now. I even was at my dealer for the reveal. I also reserved two models of Broncos just for price points in case something crazy happened. I got emails from them the very next day confirming my reservations. Also any questions I’ve had for the owner of the dealer he’s quick to answer. Just like yesterday for the ADMs and X-plan questions.

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just noticed that Ford changed their Bronco FAQ (https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/reservation-information/#here_is_how_it_works); one important change to note:

What it now says:

Can customers update their dealer selection for their reservation?
To change dealers after their reservation has already been made, customers will have to cancel their existing reservation and create another with the correct dealer.

What is used to say:

Can Customers update their dealer selection for their reservation?
Customers can reach out to Ford Customer Support for assistance should they need to change dealers.
But, keep in mind the reservation FAQ still states:

You will be required to select a dealer at the time of Reservation. Your information including name, address, e-mail address and vehicle configuration will be shared with the dealer you select. Your credit card information will not be shared. You will be asked to reconfirm this dealer at time of order or select a different dealer."
  • [Bronco6G comment: according to this, you can still switch your dealer at the time of placing your order].
I know this sucks. I was suspecting that some dealers would mark up the price especially with a hot SUV like this so I called and before picking a dealer I made sure they were not going to charge a markup.
All those who have yet to reserve theirs should call the dealerships and confirm. This way the greedy dealerships will have few or no orders and the good guys will have a ton.
Good luck all.

Sub_Sonarman

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus SE, 2018 F-250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

to be honest, if you ever visit a Ford plant, they dont seem to run the models together in batches, they just build them as ordered.... not saying they wont try to batch them, but thats from my personal experience visiting the plants.
You are correct. They generally build in the same order as the orders are placed, with some modifications. For example, a manual transmission is a bit more time consuming in some processes than an auto, so they will spread manuals out a bit. If the get 3 orders for manuals in a row, they may take some autos out of order to spread out the manuals so it would be more like, manual auto auto manual auto auto manual.
Sponsored