Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welp, we are essentially screwed now. The dealers know they can charge ADM or require us to go back in line. Not a good move by Ford.
Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
IDEA!
what if ford is just trying to get the bronco Sport orders out of the way before they fix this mess with the bronco.

Bronco Sport orders must be placed by mid August. So reservations and public orders will be closed.

Bronco Build and price tool launches “august” what if WITH the build and price tool for Bronco you can change your reservation completely. Trim, options paint and DEALER. all in one spot?

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When I reserved mine I couldn't make a choice in what dealer. So if that dealer doesn't accept A or X plan or try to add ADM trust me I will be switching dealers. In my opinion it would be illegal to force me to a specific dealer

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IXxMcCoyxXl

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sucks for those looking at a First Edition. Pretty much guarantees you are getting F***ed if your dealer marks it up on you.

Sponsored

King_Bronco0327

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The Mach E could so I would guess this in the same realm of reality...

Dealer 1 will not negotiate price while dealer down the street will go back of sticker...

At that point people made their dealership decision...
Thats what i’m thinking. Because i dont want to cancel my reservation if I dont have too. I’ll just wait till December to change my dealer.

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just noticed that Ford changed their Bronco FAQ (https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/reservation-information/#here_is_how_it_works); one important change to note:

What it now says:

Can customers update their dealer selection for their reservation?
To change dealers after their reservation has already been made, customers will have to cancel their existing reservation and create another with the correct dealer.

What is used to say:

Can Customers update their dealer selection for their reservation?
Customers can reach out to Ford Customer Support for assistance should they need to change dealers.
But, keep in mind the reservation FAQ still states:

You will be required to select a dealer at the time of Reservation. Your information including name, address, e-mail address and vehicle configuration will be shared with the dealer you select. Your credit card information will not be shared. You will be asked to reconfirm this dealer at time of order or select a different dealer."
  • [Bronco6G comment: according to this, you can still switch your dealer at the time of placing your order].
This is a major change and not what we were led to believe at time of reservation. It also puts the DEALER in the position to take advantage of the buyer. NOT FAIR. If you have a First Edition, would you lose that car by canceling the reservation?!? BAD BAD BAD!

First Name
Arun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio, 2019 Genesis G70
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Now I remember why I have never bothered getting a Ford vehicle like ever...Dealing with bs like this and I can only imagine what kind of loopholes the cajun speaking sales reps put me through at the dealership here!!!

Sponsored

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sad to see what the Ford rep told me last week come to fruition.

Hate to say this, but I've a feeling I'll be waiting a year as my hype has been deflating at a rapid pace. All these little compromises and changes and numerous instances of false or inaccurate details are really starting to add up.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rocket Rick

Wildtrak
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm glad I reserved a 4 dr Wildtrak in the first 2 hours with my local dealer, and then the next morning heard about Granger and reserved a second on with them. Both reservations in the first 24 hours, and now with leverage over my local dealership. They either step up, or me and the wife will take a nice week long road trip. Even if it costs me the same to fly to Iowa and pay for hotels and gas driving back, at least it's spent on us having fun and just just forfeited to the dealer. I truly do believe at order time, everyone will be able to specify whichever dealer they want without losing their place in line, but just in case I'm covered.
Sponsored