First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just wondering what the difference in gas mileage would be with a 4.7 axle ratio versus a 4.46 axle ratio - with a manual tranny and doing mostly highway driving. :unsure:
Each vehicle is different. With the sasquatch and 4.70s and 35s I may wager gas mileage may be better than 4.46s. Why? May be a sweet spot in gearing. Time will tell.
Sponsored

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Each vehicle is different. With the sasquatch and 4.70s and 35s I may wager gas mileage may be better than 4.46s. Why? May be a sweet spot in gearing. Time will tell.
No Sasquatch -but just comparing the BB with 32's and 4.46 vs the BL with 32's and 4.7 - which is required with the BL to get the manual tranny . But I see what you are saying about the gearing - and I guess there would not be that much difference between a 4.46 and 4.7 anyway

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm having a giggle with all these people talking about bad/ mediocre MPG. Drive one of these and get back to me. :ROFLMAO:

Het_zpsrikx2blo.jpg

Sponsored

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
2-3 MPG unloaded. Under 2 MPG loaded.
I figured it was low. I had a couple dozen vehicles on my GOV license and this was not one of them.

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I figured it was low. I had a couple dozen vehicles on my GOV license and this was not one of them.
I got stuck with the battalion master driver slot, so I had to get licensed on damned near everything on the base. My unit also worked with ANCOC/ BNCOC for 88M, so even more vehicles to work with.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I got stuck with the battalion master driver slot, so I had to get licensed on damned near everything on the base. My unit also worked with ANCOC/ BNCOC for 88M, so even more vehicles to work with.
Yep, you were busy. Honestly, going to so many bare bases I figured getting licensed would get me out of the heat LOL.

Blue76

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150, 1976 Bronco, 2009 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The trip meter has never been reset in my 2011 F150 with 5.0. It says 13.8 with 186,000 miles on it. A good percentage of those was pulling a bass boat but those are real life numbers.
But... it has slightly larger tires so the speedo and odometer are off a little.

NickyP

Outer Banks
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Land Cruiser and 2 classic Porsche 911’s
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I get 11-12 mpg overall in my 2006 Land Cruiser which I’ll sell in favor of the new Bronco. I’m assuming I’ll see some good improvement in my current gas consumption.

elnorte

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How much MPG are we going to get out of this vehicle? is it going to be basically exactly the same as the wrangler despite better engines? Or is it going to be significantly better (20mpg city)

(update)

mike says estimate should be around when sale date is

Ford Bronco Let's do the MPG math Het_zpsrikx2blo
So basically....I don't care what the MPGs will be, lol. I want to use it to have fun. Lord my Dakota gets ~14 MPG I doubt it is less than that.
Sponsored