Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey guys!

I just installed the Lobo Off-road HNT Rear Bumper and it checks all the boxes I wanted out of a rear bumper. The bumper is very tight to the body, lightweight and maintains strong recovery points mounted directly to the frame. I've been running the Lobo Off-road Front Bumper for some time now and have always been a fan of the engineering and design Lobo puts into their products. Similarly to the front, the rear bumper uses a 1/8th steel shell mounted to a stronger 3/16th steel "backbone". At first thought that seems like it wouldn't take a hit from a large rock very well, but if you take a look at the "backbone" design you'll notice it extends to the outside ends of the bumper where your most likely to take a hit. While center hits are also common, if your running a trailer hitch with a hitch skid you'll have a set up that will take a beating. The only potential thing that could cause hassle down the road is some of the allen key bolts that mount the bumper shell to the backbone face down towards the departure angle from tires (common rock hitting surface), but nothing a drill and easy-out couldn't solve if needed.

My previous bumper (RTR) wasnā€™t without flaws either... it was very bulky, heavy and the fit and finish was actually terrible for its price (ugly welds and large gaps). The Lobo Bumper is the exact opposite. Its lightweight (especially for a steel bumper), the welds/ finish look perfect and it fits like a glove.

I took the time to compare the weight of my previous bumper to the new one and the results are surprising.

RTR Rear Bumper - 82lbs
Lobo Off-road HNT Rear Bumper - 51lbs

Over 30lbs saved off the rear end of the Bronco is a welcome improvement. Anyone that has loaded up a Bronco trunk before, knows how easy it is to squat the rear end. While that's based off another aftermarket rear bumper, if anyone has exact weights of the factory plastic and steel bumper, please let us know below for comparison!

The install went extremely smooth and can be accomplished with basic tools. It only took me a hour start to finish. I also took the time to film it for you to reference on my YouTube channel.

Check out some of these pictures and compassion!

-Everything Included
Ford Bronco Lobo Off-road HNT Rear Bumper - Checks All The Boxes! P1077132

-Backbone Supports
Ford Bronco Lobo Off-road HNT Rear Bumper - Checks All The Boxes! P1077141

RTR vs. Lobo Off-road departure angle
Ford Bronco Lobo Off-road HNT Rear Bumper - Checks All The Boxes! IMG_8306

Finished Product!
Ford Bronco Lobo Off-road HNT Rear Bumper - Checks All The Boxes! P1077268

Ford Bronco Lobo Off-road HNT Rear Bumper - Checks All The Boxes! P1077277
Ford Bronco Lobo Off-road HNT Rear Bumper - Checks All The Boxes! P1077378
Sponsored

Golfsnob

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base 2 Door, Manual, 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Base
Check out the made in USA CrawlTek bumpers. Just installed front and rear Thursday.

IMG_5909 2.JPG

IMG_5910 2.JPG

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

At some point I made by a rear bumper, but when I do it's going to need an integrated trailer hitch to replace this flimsy factory one.

I'm surprised how many aftermarket rear bumpers for the Bronco do not include a hitch.

thatbroncoguy

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was actually just complaining the other day about how much the rear of my bronco sags. It looks great!

Sponsored

BlueWaffle

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco, and a trio of 80s GM's.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How much of a discount is Lobo giving you for hyping all their products? Most of the threads you've posted here are absolute glowing reviews..

Weight generally means strength when it comes to a piece of steel, there really isn't a way around it. I question the durability of the Lobo stuff compared to other offerings considering that they weigh (at least in this case) an extreme percentage less than the competing options. A guy can almost guarantee that Lobo bumper will fold up miles before the one you had on prior..

OP
OP
Weekends & Waypoints

Weekends & Waypoints

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How much of a discount is Lobo giving you for hyping all their products? Most of the threads you've posted here are absolute glowing reviews..

Weight generally means strength when it comes to a piece of steel, there really isn't a way around it. I question the durability of the Lobo stuff compared to other offerings considering that they weigh (at least in this case) an extreme percentage less than the competing options. A guy can almost guarantee that Lobo bumper will fold up miles before the one you had on prior..
I know the Lobo team personally and are definitely a fan of them and what they are creating (Im not a employee)

For the weight. Youā€™re definitely correct that more weight can translate to increased strength. But thatā€™s a trade off that I think should also be considered. With proper design and placement of materials, you can have something thatā€™s strong where itā€™s needed and light were itā€™s not (Racecars and Trucks use the same concept). The RTR bumper was a good bumper for the year and half that I wheeled with it, but for me personally I want to shed some weight. 99% of driving is on the road, if I can still have a bumper thatā€™s decently strong while saving some lbs and have drastically increased departure angle, then I will take that option everyday. If youā€™re the few that are the opposite of that and will be bouncing off of rocks 99% of the time then youā€™re right, the other options might be a better fit for that.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow, I do really like the look of this one. But, Iā€™d miss having a bit of a step available. I stand on my bumper regularly.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does it check the made in US box? If so, looks great.

Sponsored

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Something I donā€™t want on my Broncoā€¦..a howling wolf logo.