First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2dr Base Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Any issues with removing the links but leaving the sway bar in place to try it out for awhile?

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ā€˜69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any issues with removing the links but leaving the sway bar in place to try it out for awhile?
Nope, just take the bottom of the link off and zip tie the link to the sway bar.

EGSquatched

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2dr Base Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nope, just take the bottom of the link off and zip tie the link to the sway bar.
Right on, going to do that this week and run it for a month to get a feel for handling changes. Thanks!

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Right on, going to do that this week and run it for a month to get a feel for handling changes. Thanks!
You may not like it disconnected with the extra weight of the kayaks on top.

Sponsored

EGSquatched

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2dr Base Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
You may not like it disconnected with the extra weight of the kayaks on top.
Between the kayaks and towing a small camper that is my concern but Iā€™d like the additional flex off-road and the manual disconnects donā€™t sound too much fun soā€¦

8rent

Heritage
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I tried that on one side and even jacked up the bronco to get maximum pull on the link and only got it to move up about an inch. Is there a trick to this?

IMG_7269.JPEG

EGSquatched

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2dr Base Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I removed both of mine last week and didnā€™t need to jack anything up. Maybe try and remove the jack and thread the nut on the sway bar link so itā€™s flush with the stud and hit it up with a hammer? You can always hit the side of the lower control arm to try and dislodge it.

I have been driving the past week with both removed and the sway bar completely disconnected and while itā€™s noticeable if you jerk the wheel at high speed I think otherwise it isnā€™t. I still take on/off ramps at the same speeds I did before which is usually 10+ over the recommended speed without issue. Did 4 hours on the highway Saturday without concern either.

Looking forward to trying it out offroad in a few weeks.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ā€˜16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Buy once, cry once.

Get an Anti-Rock.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I tried that on one side and even jacked up the bronco to get maximum pull on the link and only got it to move up about an inch. Is there a trick to this?

Ford Bronco Manual sway bar disconnect IMG_7269.JPEG
You have to take both sides loose at the same time. But put it back on the ground before you take the other side loose. Those are bonded rubber bushings where it pivots. Itā€™s gonna snap up there if you take the other nut off now while itā€™s in air.

Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You have to take both sides loose at the same time. But put it back on the ground before you take the other side loose. Those are bonded rubber bushings where it pivots. Itā€™s gonna snap up there if you take the other nut off now while itā€™s in air.
Yup. Both nuts off - then it will pop up. When you put it back, get both bolts back in before you put a nut back on. Donā€™t need to jack it up or anything

Take note It has an Allen key in the center of the bolt to keep from destroying to boot. First few times I pulled mine I didnā€™t even notice and the bolt never spun, then the last time I nearly wrecked the thing.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Or just pull your swaybar off and be done with it! That is what I've done and it is not sway'ee at all to me. LOL. I pulled the swsybars of my Land Rover Discovery and that thing swayed a lot. The Bronco, still corners real good without.
Pulled mine off also. I can tell a difference but itā€™s not horrible. Tried that on the Gladiator and it was almost dangerous without it. Been running the Excursion without a front sway bar for a decade.

Yeah. Mines been off a long time now and I don't miss it. The Bronco still drives better than all my 60s-80s 4WDs, so I guess I'm just used to it. I do still remind my wife every time she drives it though to keep her speed down.

8rent

Heritage
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I'll try that . Thanks

OP
OP

RideClimbNJ

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just watched a video of someone installing the automatic disconnect from a Badlands onto a Wildtrak. Once you remove the swaybar it was only 6 bolts to the factory locations to connect it. Then they just wired up to an aux switch. I think Iā€™m going to go this route. Maybe even find the part used.
Sponsored