Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee XJ, Defender 90
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Dealers honestly know less than people on here. They are not even thinking about Broncos other than the bare minimum effort for the most part (obviously some of our dealers that have a presence on here are a different story, but just in general.) All they care about is selling the vehicles they currently have in inventory.

There are always uncertainties but if they come to fruition, those delays will be in terms of days at this point, not months. Hell I mean even if Ford could only keep up current production of 40 units daily due to some covid 2 or other apocalyptic event, that’s still over 10,000 a year...
no kidding!! I give updates to sale associates at my dealer, they don't know anything
Sponsored

Glcmranger

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Update: Added key production dates / schedule memo:

-production-confirmed-to-start-on-august-2nd_2-jpg.jpg

2021 Ford Bronco Full Production Confirmed to Start on August 2nd

April 26, 2021

we have learned new details about the Bronco’s production schedule. Job 1 is on track for May 3rd, as previously reported, and full production will start on August 2nd.

Tag relief acceleration begins on August 30th, according to the tipster, who also mentions full tag relief production on September 20th. “I’m hearing that we’ll start at 350 units per shift - both Bronco and Ranger - then ramp up to approximately 600 units per shift by August/September

Michigan Assembly Plant in Wayne is currently in the pre-production phase, which means that Ford is making a handful of demonstrators per day for U.S. dealerships. This number will increase every week, and we will start a second shift next week to increase our numbers.”

Posted on the Ford Bronco 2021 Facebook group a little over 10 hours ago, the comment refers to the current week of April 26th to April 30th. The Michigan Assembly Plant is definitely buzzing right now because Job 1 will start next Monday, hence the workers’ enthusiasm for the all-new Bronco.

It’s also worth noting that Ford has more than 100,000 firm orders for the mid-size utility vehicle with Ranger underpinnings, which is why the Ford Motor Company will likely focus on making as many Broncos as possible. Given that every dealer has the Ranger in stock and the mid-size pickup truck sold 24,166 units in the first quarter of the year in the United States, it’s extremely obvious that “likely focus” is an understatement on my part.

For the first model year of the Bronco, the Blue Oval offers no fewer than six trim levels. The First Edition doesn’t count because all of them sold out. $28,500 is the starting price of the Base trim level with the two-door body style, seven-speed manual, and 2.3-liter EcoBoost. The four-door Badlands and Wildtrak with the four-door option retail from $44,590 and $49,475.
Is it illegal, immoral or fattening to just speak plain English for the "in the know quasi intellectuals' who talk goofy code words such as "Job one"? What is "Job One"? It appears not to be associated with production of Broncos that Ford intends to sell. What is it?

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
58-hour work weeks? I know it's not every week...but that's still a lot. It is much appreciated!
I remember working 60-70 work weeks Monday-Sunday for 2 straight years. Good times. It’s also why I’m not a construction electrician anymore.

Biigiy214

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
So looks like there is 117 working days from August 2 until the week of Christmas.That is with every Saturday working and a day off for Labor Day and Thursday and Friday off for Thanksgiving.This wouldn’t include any shutdown for 2022 model year changes because who knows when and if it is only two weeks.So if they can run 2 shifts and make 600 per shift”which would be a mixture of Broncos and Rangers” I figure if they make 400 Broncos per shift they would end up making 93,600 Broncos by Christmas.That is if they do 2 Broncos to 1 Ranger could be more could be less no one knows.That is a perfect scenario with no glitches at all.So I guess mine would come in June of 2022 lmao because I am a really late reservation.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

footsteps

First Edition
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee XJ, Defender 90
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Bronco 6G should see about taking up a collection to send coffee and doughnuts to the factory!
Maybe reach out to their local Union office and ask?
Let the UAW frontline soldiers know that we appreciate them despite some of the shortcomings from the top brass! My dad is a retired CAW (Canadian Auto Worker) and those guys will be working hard in the beginning finding their stride with a new line!
coffee, doughnuts, pizza?? PERFORMANCE ENHANCING DRUGS!!! LOL

actually sounds like a fine idea, maybe have a tail gate near the employee parking lot for after shift for those local to MAP, i would gladly contribute

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The BMW plant here produces over 1500 vehicles a day so I can definitely see Ford producing less than half that in one day at MAP.
I don’t believe that either. Or maybe that’s why their not precision engineered anymore.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it illegal, immoral or fattening to just speak plain English for the "in the know quasi intellectuals' who talk goofy code words such as "Job one"? What is "Job One"? It appears not to be associated with production of Broncos that Ford intends to sell. What is it?
From a google search:

Job #1 is the first vehicle of a given model year off the line. When they make a running change to production during a model year the first one of those is called Job #2. Every vehicle built to those changes are Job #2. If they do another running change it's Job #3, and so on.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I find it hard to believe they’re going to build 600 a shift at full production.
Earlier estimates were 1,000 a day (Broncos and Rangers) with 70% Broncos. Seems like a slow start up to me. No full production till August?! May be a parts issue too.

Sponsored

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (Wife), Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

RPF

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Raptor 15 Q70S/5.6 19 F-450 21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That article was from March 1, 1995. MAP (then known as Michigan Truck Plant) was still building the 5th Gen Bronco. Has it been confirmed that they've brought a 3rd crew on at MAP? I thought that they were still running 2.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is the same thing I saw at the corvette plant tour many years ago. There were a few workers hanging around the line who could take anyone’s spot when they took a break. They were older guys /gals- probably with many years of experience.

another thing. If the line workers had a part issue or whatever on a particular car, they would put a sticky note on the part of the car where the issue was. When the car got to the end of the line, the experienced workers would look at the issue and attempt to resolve it. If they couldn’t, the car was pulled off the line.

but the key was having these experienced guys /gals who could do any of the line jobs.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Earlier estimates were 1,000 a day (Broncos and Rangers) with 70% Broncos. Seems like a slow start up to me. No full production till August?! May be a parts issue too.
600 per shift is not a "slow" startup. That's 1,200 per day. I think this is what seems to be confusing people. The concept of units per shift and shifts per day. One unit per minute is a safe baseline for easy calculations: 60 units per hour, multiplied by 10 hours per shift = 600 units per shift. Two shifts per day would allow for 1,200 total units, in whatever mix Ford feels best balances demand. Ford can afford to slow down Ranger production for a little while, based on current inventory levels, but will need to be producing >100,000 Rangers per year overall.
Sponsored

Last edited: