Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang, 2015 Outback
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

My brother in law is a estimator for a body shop. The panels are available but very pricey, I can't quite remember but 1800 sound right for the driver panel for a 4 door.
Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This needs to be a "Install Before Flight" instead I think lol

That flat square visible when the latch is open would be a great place for a fluorescent close me sticker.

Ford Bronco MIC 2.0 Top blew off (forgot to latch)! Pics of damage and material / construction IMG_4111

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes it sucks to have that happen to your new Bronco but when you have lemons, make lemonade!
If that happened to me I would do a little body work like another member said and then paint it white or body color.(y)

OP
OP
lakesinai

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That flat square visible when the latch is open would be a great place for a fluorescent close me sticker.

Ford Bronco MIC 2.0 Top blew off (forgot to latch)! Pics of damage and material / construction IMG_4111
I closed that latch, forgot the others.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks like I need a systems checklist for startup! I took off down the road and once I got up to 45-50 mph on the 3-lane, the driver's side MIC panel blew right off the car! Luckily I was able to pull over, run and retrieve (a driver stopped by the panel to protect it from being run over). Obviously I forgot to lock the latches on my new MIC2 Panel that my OBX waited for almost 3 months on Dirt Mountain.

It still works well (I'll know for sure after today's rain) and now its time for some Epoxy home repair, put my epoxy boat-repair skills to work. That protruding front corner is the worst. Can I assume epoxy will work, or will I need a more exotic panel glue!

I don't imagine buying a new panel is going to be easy . . . Can I get one of those MIC1 panels when replaced? I can attest that they are strong, and I don't think I'll make this mistake again!

You’re taking this well. I’d probably have laid down in the road and cried. LOL.
NOTE TO SELF: When OBX arrives, always check roof latches before launch.

Sponsored

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great when/if I get my Bronco I will be doing a "pre-flight" checklist.

I believe the 2024 update is supposed to have a warning light (top is ajar) for both soft and hard tops added to the mix............. but maybe it will only be on the lux package.

MtnRanger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks like I need a systems checklist for startup! I took off down the road and once I got up to 45-50 mph on the 3-lane, the driver's side MIC panel blew right off the car! Luckily I was able to pull over, run and retrieve (a driver stopped by the panel to protect it from being run over). Obviously I forgot to lock the latches on my new MIC2 Panel that my OBX waited for almost 3 months on Dirt Mountain.

It still works well (I'll know for sure after today's rain) and now its time for some Epoxy home repair, put my epoxy boat-repair skills to work. That protruding front corner is the worst. Can I assume epoxy will work, or will I need a more exotic panel glue!

I don't imagine buying a new panel is going to be easy . . . Can I get one of those MIC1 panels when replaced? I can attest that they are strong, and I don't think I'll make this mistake again!

Get a front row twill top for now

Mustang GTA

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here's your chance to paint it and see if it sticks.

Steve-0

Wildtrak
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy 2500HD Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If it's any consolation I did the same with my 94 Camaro T top. Got on an access road and accelerated to 60(ish) and I heard a FFFSSSSHHHHOOP! Watched the top fly about 100 feet into the air and come crashing back to earth.

Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To confirm, does this mean Corvette owners are going to bombard @lakesinai with stupid rubber duckies all over his rig whenever they see it?
Merely a sympathetic nod of understanding, and maybe a business card for "their guy" that can fix it.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Could have been worse I guess…

Ford Bronco MIC 2.0 Top blew off (forgot to latch)! Pics of damage and material / construction AB540CA0-0439-4E44-8CF6-BD5C8236CF39

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Bradnewt

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow

Someone on another thread insisted the mic tops are just cardboard covered in plastic. I thought he was being facetious. From your photos it really truly appears to just be cardboard. Are my eyes deceiving me?
That is a honeycomb core used to strengthen the fiberglass. It is also used in boat construction. It is strong and light weight. The honeycomb pattern is the fishscale everyone is complaining about on the mic tops. I tried to include a picture of a piece of honeycomb core, but I couldn't get the image to load.
Sponsored