Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine has always been in a garage and it didn’t keep it from having the issue
Wow , imagine what it would look like if you actually took it outside sometime :)
Sponsored

ssypien

Wildtrak
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WTF….is this happening to large masses or select small groups?

Currently looking to buy and I won’t be babying the top. Part of the experience of owning an off-road vehicle is having something rugged and tough. Asking the roof to not fail under normal exposure isn’t unreasonable.

I don’t need or want a garage queen.

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine lives outside. Coming up on it's 1-yr birthday. No issues yet but I am virtually certain it will crack or something in the future. If/when that happens, I'll try to get replacements from Ford until I can't anymore, and then buy one of the aftermarket versions or a different vehicle.

I thought seriously about a Defender but was worried about "reliability." I no longer think Bronco is more reliable than Defender.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m going to take mine in and see what they say/do.
I wouldn't.... At least not right now. That is barely noticeable and itnis a flip of a coin as to if the replacement is better or worse.

If you mic doesn't leak and is all the same color... Keep it as long as you can :)

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wouldn't.... At least not right now. That is barely noticeable and itnis a flip of a coin as to if the replacement is better or worse.

If you mic doesn't leak and is all the same color... Keep it as long as you can :)
I agree with this, if that is all you have and there are no cracks, I wouldn’t change it.
Im in the same boat, some waves but I’m crack free and I’m hoping it stays that way.
Ford Bronco MIC Hardtop Delamination Issue now covered in General Service Bulletin -- Bronco Roof Concern Analysis  -- 9/27/23 Update IMG_7112

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks OP for posting this. I have the exact same issue with my top on the clamshell. Only in a couple of small areas so far, but noticed it first day I brought it home. Firm believer in many times the cure is worse than the cause, (otherwise the top fits fine and is reasonably quiet), so going to live with it as long as it doesn’t get worse.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m going to take mine in and see what they say/do.
Ford Bronco MIC Hardtop Delamination Issue now covered in General Service Bulletin -- Bronco Roof Concern Analysis  -- 9/27/23 Update IMG_7112

I have seen this same delamination pattern on multiple tops. I’m on my 3rd replacement top for cracking. Now I need to keep an eye out for delamination. There is a high risk that your new top will be worse than your current top, so keep that in mind. At the end of the day, I think we will all lose out with these tops.

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Again ill say how does this happen, I also have a 21 gladiator and the top is just perfect, glossy color no issues and these broncos still have this issue, glad my 23 2 dr hasn't had it ..yet anyway but seems the technology is out there yet went so wrong for ford somehow
I can pretty much guarantee without looking that your Gladiator roof is OLD technology. Takes a bigger company like Ford to attempt something outside the box that has no track record outside maybe of marine applications

Gladden and gladden every day I have only a softtop although I would still buy at right price a painted mod top

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The quality of the top is keeping me from ordering a Bronco.

Sad for those of you experiencing the worst issues. :(
You can get a Bronco WITHOUT the hardtop. So something else is stopping you

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can pretty much guarantee without looking that your Gladiator roof is OLD technology. Takes a bigger company like Ford to attempt something outside the box that has no track record outside maybe of marine applications

Gladden and gladden every day I have only a softtop although I would still buy at right price a painted mod top
Not only has FORD shown who is smarter by thinking outside the box but they have shown who is stronger by staying with the honeycomb design. Other car companies would have caved to their customers complaints but not FORD. they will be proved right in the end.

Herewegoagain

Badlands
First Name
Maxemus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just an FYI, Ford has updated the GSB about Bronco roof concerns to include delamination issues.

General Service Bulletin Download[PDF]:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/attachments/bronco-roof-concern-analysis-pdf.569300/

Delamination of hard top outer layer (Warrantable)

• Raised patches on the hard top with no distorted grain pattern or discoloration (Figures 16-17)
Figure 16

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

Figure 17

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

Edit: I've also attached the whole GSB just incase anyone wants to see what is and is not warrantable according to Ford.
No issues with my soft top. Still waiting for someone to make a quality after market hard top

buschris

Heritage
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
You can always have the top painted. it's also an area not really seen so don't rush it to replace just because you know the defect is there. Cool the top before washing
Sponsored