MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Keep an eye out fo a salvaged Bronco with the hard top. As it stands now, the prices for the aftermarket tops are nuts. The Trail Blazers for these tops are paying the R&D cost.
Sponsored

jwysopal

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The reality is, in the real world, hard tops are mostly selling for around 5k still.
Whether that's a good value is up to the person who wants one.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is precisely why I held out for a hard top.

OP
OP
Kayphix

Kayphix

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is precisely why I held out for a hard top.
My purchase wasn't a custom build. I just found one on the lot that ticked every box except the hard top for MSRP, haha.

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Everyone saying no, they are right. It’s not worth it after the fact, but marketplace says they are going for more than that. Look at the forums in California and texas, multiple ones show as sold there from 8k-10k. So is it 6k a good value relative to the market ask right now? Yeah. Relative to MSRP or cost from factory? No.

Sponsored

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My purchase wasn't a custom build. I just found one on the lot that ticked every box except the hard top for MSRP, haha.
I didn't mean to come across like I was holier than thou and now I see I kinda sounded that way. I was a few days away from dropping hardtop and sas for the Ford $2500 offer and had been shopping Bestop and alternatives for weeks. I was very fortunate to get the scheduled email when I did.

I wish Bestop 1) made a square back top and 2) you could upgrade to it from the factory the way you can with Jeep.

OP
OP
Kayphix

Kayphix

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't mean to come across like I was holier than thou and now I see I kinda sounded that way. I was a few days away from dropping hardtop and sas for the Ford $2500 offer and had been shopping Bestop and alternatives for weeks. I was very fortunate to get the scheduled email when I did.

I wish Bestop 1) made a square back top and 2) you could upgrade to it from the factory the way you can with Jeep.

Oh nah, I didn't take it as such. I guess I will just consider this hardtop purchase as paying above MSRP for a new Bronco (or waiting 1-2 years!)

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

With the terrible track record for quality and all the warranty claims on the MIC top, I would say no. You will not have the Ford warranty to take care of the top if a problem arises.

Jander76

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Keep an eye out fo a salvaged Bronco with the hard top. As it stands now, the prices for the aftermarket tops are nuts. The Trail Blazers for these tops are paying the R&D cost.
where do I watch for salvaged ones?

CM22

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' F 350
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just my opinion here......If your willing to spend 5-6K for a used OME hard top, having seen how and what they are made of, I would spend my 6k on aftermarket top. I have the Anderson aftermarket top. There are other brands out there.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wouldn’t pay that, but I would ask it. Supply and demand.

StyleGuy

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE, Jaguar F-Pace, GMC Denali XL
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It may a little high but it's in the ballpark and the seller will get it. It will probably come down to location and if someone wants it now instead of waiting for shipping. There are just so few that get sold that drives the price up. I like the hardtop but I have a factory soft top I purchased used on now. I really like the soft top much more than I thought I would. It is quite a bit louder inside though.

TimDD02

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONC0
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The thought of buying a hardtop for $6000 when it was on my sticker for $695 makes me say a hard NO! That is why it was a deal breaker to me to have a hardtop from the factory. Paying $6000 is like paying $3000 to $4000 over msrp for a dual top factory Bronco, I don’t do over msrp!

Hard top cost more than $695. Average cost 3-4k, but since they're little to none 6k is good price. You won't find one under 6 k

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

6 grand is the street price. Is what it is.

Just be careful - almost all top ads are scams. People just copy a photo of one and then sell it as their own.
Sponsored