Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is a 1st world issue.
I am getting a 2 door base with nothing on it with a grey top for $30K. That is all I can afford.
But I am very thankful that I am high enough on the reservation list, that will probably get my Bronco in the Summer if I do not "overcomplexify" my build.
Sponsored

Jb7

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Guys this is the answer for the cost being what it is, as stated earlier in this thread, not sure why it’s so confusing to some, it’s like they actually want to pay more....the trans is a swap the engine is the upgrade cost, they will make up the difference on silly stuff like 600-1500 light packages etc....

“How about the relative costs? It's a 995 option on f150 for the 2.7 right? 10 speed is already included. From 2.3 manual to 2.7 auto at 1895 is still charging you 900 for the auto plus whatever credit cost of the manual. The manual is brand new right? Maybe it's cost is actually extremely high, more or at least equivalent to the 10 speed auto. Maybe factor that in with possible shortages of the manual since it's Chinese made and the fact that there will be a low take rate anyway that it's is cheaper to sell you the auto vice manual so you're really only paying for the engine upgrade.”

Last edited:

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some of you are so ridiculous lol. You think Ford, a Fortune 500 company, is gonna increase pricing based on a question from a random forum member through a tweet? Gimme a break. Get ahold of yourselves, it was just a question.
This won’t make a difference, but you GREATLY overestimate Fortune 500 companies. They’re generally a mess, as the B&P release shows. Having worked for various ones for 20 years I can say this with absolute confidence.

Drinxxs04

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The incompetence on this forum is staggering. You people think that I am asking to screw everyone over? do you really think if Ford screwed up the price they won't notice that and screw us down the road? Then you people specifically will be complaining again. Better to know exactly what we are paying now so that when we can order our Broncos we will know exactly the price, but I'm sure you will find a way to complain anyway.
Still no need to point it out...if they raise it....we all expected to be around 3500 anyways. That would be a smaller complain then someone going to the boss and say “why are you making stuff cheap”....

That’s just dumb.

Streetbob08

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Harley.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Never understood why it wasn't going to be $995. That's how much the 2.7L turbo engine was on the F150 the past couple of years and they gave you the ten speed auto for free! When the survey came out I didn't get one so I called Ford marketing to get one and they said they had already collected all the survey info but would pass on anything I had to say to the appropriate people. I told them the $3500 price tag was way to much since it was so inexpensive it the F150. I said I could see paying a little more for the auto but not $2505. Apparently a lot of other people told them the same thing. So with the $1895 price we are paying $900 for the auto trans kinda like what you see in the Mustang.

Sponsored

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Guys this is the answer for the cost being what it is, as stated earlier in this thread, not sure why it’s so confusing to some, it’s like they actually want to pay more....the trans is a swap the engine is the upgrade cost, they will make up the difference on silly stuff like 600-1500 light packages etc....

“How about the relative costs? It's a 995 option on f150 for the 2.7 right? 10 speed is already included. From 2.3 manual to 2.7 auto at 1895 is still charging you 900 for the auto plus whatever credit cost of the manual. The manual is brand new right? Maybe it's cost is actually extremely high, more or at least equivalent to the 10 speed auto. Maybe factor that in with possible shortages of the manual since it's Chinese made and the fact that there will be a low take rate anyway that it's is cheaper to sell you the auto vice manual so you're really only paying for the engine upgrade.”
But if you just change from manual to auto, it’s a 1600 upgrade charge, so it’s def not priced the same

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Asked Jim Farley directly about if the price of the 2.7 w/ the auto was actually correct since the survey made it seem far more expensive. At least he actually responds relatively fast. Figured I would rather hear it from him instead of that fool Mike Levine. Will update if he answers
IMG_C1CE6A28C646-1.jpeg
The dealer b and p reference guide we got has the pricing as the same and a lot of the little quirks and weird option combos are there and look to be deliberate. Mid gets the auto included for example and the engine comes with it.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wait a 2.3 manual upgrade to a 2.3 auto is 1600???

And the upgrade to a 2.7L on say a badlands is 1900 over a base 2.3 manual?

Uhhhhh yeah. Looks like a major oversight on B&P. Sorry guys. Looks like Ford will be fixing this. It’s just a question of when they announce it. It’s more bad news and they need to come up with a positive change before making another negative announcement.

Ie in a few weeks or a month they say the B&P has been updated! It now includes a check the box for dual top option for mod tops with late availability, a check the box for mansquatch with late availability, and then the 2.7L upgrade increases for non OBX trims. So we get nothing but added costs masked behind a ‘positive’ announcement.

Unless Ford just eats it and does nothing since they can’t take on much more negative press at the moment
Yeah, looks like they want to sell the 2.3 with stick and 2.7 with auto. Pricing is in line with other Fords. People were outraged that it was going to be almost double normal according to the survey...now that it’s inline with what was expected pre survey...they want to pester Ford as to why it isn’t more. Even tweeting at the CEO demanding answers and acting like they are doing us a service with such a dumb question. Weird dynamic.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The more I dig into this the more confusing it becomes. Maybe I’m just getting up the curve with you guys

I’m getting thrown off here using the 1600 upgrade from a 2.3 manual to an auto as a reference point. Thinking the 1900 2.7L upgrade seems light. But It looks like a 1500 mid package gets you all the mid pack content PLUS the 2.3 auto at a lesser cost than 1600? WTF

So the 1600 is totally overstated.

And I thought maybe if you upgrade a lower trim from a 2.3 manual to 2.7 auto it would force you to get the mid package to offset the costs, but it doesn’t! You could still get a 2.7L auto on a lower trim model with no mid package for 1900.

Very strange. Maybe they just took the survey response and said hey, our margins will be less on some trims and more on others and it’s a wash. But at the end of the day the surveys are telling us they don’t want to pay more than X

Last edited:

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Pepin10

Base
First Name
Pepin10
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer
Your Bronco Model
Base
People that are delusional about there not being a pricing error are not gonna be happy when it gets fixed.. Also, the pricing error could very well be on the base model/mid package and not the 2.7 auto pricing(which I think 1900 for both is priced perfect)

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
You could say the same for the OBX
Since Base 4D is auto only why is the 2.7 upgrade still $1900. Shouldn't it be $400?

From my posts earlier, I was trying to analyze how this all worked out.

The only thing I could think of was that the 2.3L has the standard manual transmission included no cost.

The 2,7L had the 10 spd auto included no cost; plus it can't have manual transmission.

If one were to deviate with the 2.3L man to (non standard) 10 spd auto, a charge of $1,595 was applied.

It looked to me that the $1,895 was the price of having the 2.7L and 10 spd auto combo; or price for going 2.7L.

?(y) ... in relation to that Mid package deal, I don't want to touch that one anymore as it is quite interesting.

parropski

Big Bend
First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It makes the OBX trim less appealing.
Other than that I'm ok with the current auto10 pricing.

OP
OP
Chrism81

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

From my posts earlier, I was trying to analyze how this all worked out.

The only thing I could think of was that the 2.3L has the standard manual transmission included no cost.

The 2,7L had the 10 spd auto included no cost; plus it can't have manual transmission.

If one were to deviate with the 2.3L man to (non standard) 10 spd auto, a charge of $1,595 was applied.

It looked to me that the $1,895 was the price of having the 2.7L and 10 spd auto combo; or price for going 2.7L.

?(y) ... in relation to that Mid package deal, I don't want to touch that one anymore as it is quite interesting.
Sounds about right. The way they have this all set up is odd, but as long as it's $1,895 I am happy.
Sponsored