Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 350 Tremor, 2002 Excursion 7.3L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks man, you have a lot of owners rooting for your success!
I'm only as fast as I can get parts. At least I finally have the time to work on my '71, but that's a totally different forum lol
Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm only as fast as I can get parts. At least I finally have the time to work on my '71, but that's a totally different forum lol
I originally wrote, "you have a lot of guys here wanting to go from 8" to 12"" but that would make this a NSFW website!

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I originally wrote, "you have a lot of guys here wanting to go from 8" to 12"" but that would make this a NSFW website!
I'm on here, so it already is; I'm not safe for the public...

JerseyMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Okay, no major update here, but- I installed the 12" module and screen, and screen did not power up. I reprogrammed, line for line the VIN I used to buy the module, but no power. I performed the pinpoint tests which indicated the screen itself was at fault, so I'm waiting on a warranty screen to come in.
Again, not a major update, but that's as far as I've made it. However: I have the alternate 8" module that was ordered against MY VIN that is somehow updated, and I'm hoping I can get to that swap by this coming weekend after Thanksgiving. I'm also going to have to order some dash parts that have broken after being pulled apart 20 times since this April lol.
If you celebrate it, everyone have a Happy Thanksgiving, and try to see the positivity in your lives!
Thanks for the update, hopefully new screen solves it

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for the update, hopefully new screen solves it
Yeah, me too; but, we will have an answer as soon as it comes in. It doesn't take very long to rip the dash apart. In my case, it's just how many clips disappeared behind the dash, and the drivers speaker cover the plastic the clip attaches to broke. I'm still confident that after all 4 parts have been purchased, the system will work after some Forscan love

Sponsored

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well "the" screen came in, but it was ordered against my VIN, not the part number on my parts sale. Plus side, I now have the 2.3L powerpack programmed! At least I have 93 octane very close to my house. When the correct screen comes in, I'll update... again lol

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Still waiting on the replacement 12" screen to come in...

G-Waggin

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac SRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Patiently waiting on your success...

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Patiently waiting on your success...
I lost my patience months ago, so I'm substituting by adding more parts. Powerpack; great addition in case anyone was curious! Little 2.3L pushing numbers fairly close to my Brother's 5.0 GT Muskrat. He beats mine by 5lb/ft of torque, 90hp... in a V8 over twice the displacement. Tons of fun in the snow, too! Nice to be able to pass on unplowed lanes at 70mph in that slippery mode!

Also, can't press hard enough how everyone on here should learn how to unlock all 8 drive modes. Buy the lifetime Forscan subscription! I don't know what you can or can't do in the trial, but you'll get your money's worth out of it! I'm not affiliated with any of the Forscan crew, so I'm making a recommendation, and won't profit if you do. Not trying to solicit!

boomboomthump

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Bump. Any news here since December?

Sponsored

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Still no screen in yet for the warranty...

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Still no screen in yet for the warranty...
First off thank you for this!

Just to confirm, you cannot just replace the screen. You also need a new screen module and screen cable, yes?

Anything else? Besides the dash or a 12 pack of beer to lure in a good Dremel surgeon?

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, it's more in-depth than just the screen. I thought it would be a straight swap initially, but with new parts pictures are hard to find beyond the engineering pics. Module, cable, screen, dash, and Forscan to program options and write the VIN if I remember. Since I'm still waiting on the screen, not much I can do to help here. 🤬
This week though, I hopefully will have the time to rip the dash apart once again to swap the "updated" module in for my 8" screen. Just out of curiosity, does anyone have navigation with the 8" screen, NOT Android Auto or Waze, or whatever I-(map thing that apples use)?

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's a bit infuriating that we can't just swap out. Should be an easy update. Ford makes cash selling a bigger screen, win/win. Swap out screens if we want. I pretty much was forced by the dealer to buy this one, that has the 8". I want the bigger screen, and would pay a pretty big chunk of change to get it. And the 360 cameras. But one thing at a time.

Love your work, keep it up. Some of us are watching. I use Google maps or waze, wife has IPhone and uses whatever it uses. What do you need?

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm just curious if Broncos have navigation that's actual GPS (satellite receiver), not radio (cell tower, i.e. Android Auto/Google Maps, Waze). There was talk about trail riding GPS maps, but I guess I don't remember anyone saying they have navigation like my wife's 1-ton with the 5 year free updates
Sponsored