First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Unless you have already received your Bronco, you don’t know if you’re gonna pay MSRP.
MSRP or Less. Care to wager a bet?!? How much would you like to lose?!?
Sponsored

Jhopkinson

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 OBX 4dr SAS, 22 Base 2dr SAS, 2021 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It feels like Ford is just really pissed at the small dealerships that offered the below MSRP deals and is dead set on punishing them. The problem is all the customers that have orders with them and other small dealerships have just become collateral damage they are willing to live with.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone claims they are with these dealers because of their "no BS", but I'd be willing to place a pretty large bet that most of the orders through them were placed because they were offered a lower price. That's it, end of story,
I bought my Bronco from Stephens Auto Center for what I consider a great deal. You're right in that was what attracted me in the first place.

But what kept me there and what impressed me so much was how responsive John and the team were. I wasn't a very needy customer I don't think, but it was comforting to see them consistently participating in the forum and when it got close to delivery time John was great at keeping me calm.

I ended up buying an ESP plan and a maintenance plan from Stephens. Could I have saved some money buying them from Flood Ford? Yeah I could have. I ended buying some parts and accessories from Stephens. Could I have bought them from Levittown Ford for a little less? Sure.

I'm not an idiot and I can use the internet. So why would I buy that stuff from Stephens? Because they EARNED my business. I want them very much to stay in business so when I buy my next car it's from them and after Ford pulled this shit, who knows what it might be.

Sponsored

Stompr

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Motor Company only exists because Henry Ford found a cheaper way of doing it and undercutt the competition.

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was all set to get a Wrangler when I saw info on the new Bronco and I really liked it and thought it would be better for me than the Jeep. I made a reservation knowing it was going to take a while. I was willing to pay MSRP but when my local dealers were unresponsive other than to say I would l have to pay whatever the market value of the vehicle was when I got it. I spoke with and decided to go with Granger because it was a fair deal and no gimmicks. The travel cost will mean I pay about MSRP anyway but it will be a vacation trip. I still think the Bronco will be a great vehicle but the joy in looking forward to a Bronco has faded away. Worse for Ford, my view of them as company I would purchase from is in the toilet. For some short term gains by big dealers Ford is destroying good will with customers.

I may end up getting a Bronco but it won't be the same experience I was dreaming about last year. I certainly won't think of Ford in a positive way and be more inclined to purchase other model Fords. Mike Levine's JOB1 is apparently destroying Fords customer loyalty to enable a small number of large dealers to make huge profits from idiots willing to pay over MSRP.

69BroncoX302

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15, 2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Looking through my bronco emails:

December 2020-
“ Your reservation timestamp, and not the date that you place your order with your dealer, will be used to determine when your Bronco gets produced. Other factors for final delivery timing include vehicle model and configuration selected, part constraints, and the number of Bronco vehicles your dealer will receive.”

2-dr FE with hitch, winch, and other parts. Yeah, that is why they cancelled mine lol

Got in for a raptor. We shall see if they can even do that lol

69BroncoX302

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15, 2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford Motor Company only exists because Henry Ford found a cheaper way of doing it and undercutt the competition.
He also used the dodge brothers until they quit.

usarms

Big Bend
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I started in the car business in the 70s and even then there was an allocation system. The dealers that wrote a bunch of orders knew there was an allocation system but spun the wheel trying to improve their position. That's not how it works. Never has. You can blame Ford all you want but the small dealers that offered unrealistic deals on a brand new model are the ones to blame. My son wants a 370Z but they are sold out and I know from working for Nissan that they are allocated. No matter how many a dealer accepted orders for they will only get what they earned based on sales history. The smart play was a large dealer that doesn't do ADM. No you won't get a bogus low ball for something you may never see but the odds are they got a larger pot to sell from. That's what I did and I will pay sticker but I'll hopefully get my truck with an 11/29 build date and I reserved day #1. I went with the biggest dealer I know who pledged no ADM. Having said that their allocation was nothing to write home about even being one of the largest and oldest dealers in the USA.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Stompr

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I started in the car business in the 70s and even then there was an allocation system. The dealers that wrote a bunch of orders knew there was an allocation system but spun the wheel trying ti improve their position. That's not how it works. Never has. You can blame Ford all you want but the small dealers that offered unrealistic deals on a brand new model are the ones to blame.
The dealers didn’t change the rules midstream.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For all of you defending this allocation system change, just think how this would have forced the big dealers to not screw people over with ADMs to attract customers if Ford had kept the rules the same smh

Breaks my heart when Joe Schmo who hasn’t been on the forums daily with the rest of us crazies shows up to the dealer excited for his bronco only to be met with a $25k ADM ultimatum

Last edited: