Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No matter how you slice it, the delay of a recreational vehicle is, at most, an annoyance, not a problem.

Most people in our society would probably agree with my perspective.

Stay classy.

Troll on is all I can reply with...someone sees things differently than you so you feel it's your job to fix him it appears, and you appear to relish his next reply, so troll on.
Sponsored

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMO this is one of the most fair assessments I've seen. I don't think there was any bad intent from either side.

Also consider how many of those orders were BL Sas Lux 2.7 MIC. Ford probably whiffed on the distribution of trims on the early orders which compounded the problem. Forecasting for parts mirroring Jeep's distributions but realizing they'd be making nothing but BL for a dealer in Iowa.

I'm still waiting on my OBX and would love to take delivery one day soon. If my car shits the bed in the next few months I will go with a 4xe and enjoy my summer with my daughters like I planned. Mike Levine isn't in control of your happiness, you are!
Well said and good points. Enjoy your placeholder!

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I honestly get amused at how offended people get like they entered into some holy covenant with Ford when they put $100 on their CC for a $50k vehicle.

My wife says I am obsessed with the Bronco. I show her some of these threads and she says, "wow - guess you're not as crazy as I thought".

Wait and buy it. OR don't wait and go buy something else.

It's really as simple as that.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I honestly get amused at how offended people get like they entered into some holy covenant with Ford when they put $100 on their CC for a $50k vehicle.

My wife says I am obsessed with the Bronco. I show her some of these threads and she says, "wow - guess you're not as crazy as I thought".

This. I have never seen anybody act like this over a product. It is sad that some people let Ford have this much emotional control over their feelings. The marketing department should get a big fucking bonus for setting the hook so deep.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This. I have never seen anybody act like this over a product. It is sad that some people let Ford have this much emotional control over their feelings. The marketing department should get a big fucking bonus for setting the hook so deep.
I mean - Ford got the hook in me DEEP too. I check my reservation and order status daily. I view the same damn videos of BaseSquatches on YT. I read the same reviews, pour over every minute detail and nugget of info that comes out.

I've already bought rock rails, floor mats, and Fluid Film for a vehicle I'm not 100% will come to my garage.

BUT - I am not readying my pitchfork and torch for Ford and Mike Levine because I ordered a vehicle that 250,000 others did as well and Ford decided to make a profit and prioritize vehicles based on a host of variables unknown to most outside of their supply chain.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Docindahouze

Base
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It reminds me of Black Friday shopping. There’s a crowd waiting outside the store. The doors open and everyone comes rushing in. You get people fighting each other or arguing over who gets the last 85in tv that’s on sale for half price. Then there’s one fall on the floor and get stampeded like mufasa in the lion king. Meanwhile I’m just sitting at home watching the news reports glad I’m not out in that mess and chuckling a little bit.

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean - Ford got the hook in me DEEP too. I check my reservation and order status daily. I view the same damn videos of BaseSquatches on YT. I read the same reviews, pour over every minute detail and nugget of info that comes out.

I've already bought rock rails, floor mats, and Fluid Film for a vehicle I'm not 100% will come to my garage.

BUT - I am not readying my pitchfork and torch for Ford and Mike Levine because I ordered a vehicle that 250,000 others did as well and Ford decided to make a profit and prioritize vehicles based on a host of variables unknown to most outside of their supply chain.
I agree with you and @rugbysecondrow in that Ford and the dealerships should profit, it’s called capitalism; however, it’s the specific order at a dealership that brings the vehicle to their lot that they refuse to sell at MSRP (which makes them thousands not hundreds). That’s where the proverbial pitch fork comes in. I’m on record with a dealership profiting on dealer stock or abandoned orders, have at it, but please stop f’ing with the folks that have ordered from you and planned for their dream rig.

Last edited:

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

the "something else" is the issue...people that want a Jeep already left and the 4Runner is at the end of its life cycle and dated. If Ford doesn't rectify the situation for many of us we are a redesigned 4Runner away from telling Ford to keep their Bronco.

This whole debacle had also soured many with Ford. I know I'm probably only one or two schedulings away from getting built but this will be the last Ford I ever buy simply because of their incompetence with this launch.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some people would be better served just driving their delivered broncos than practicing some arm chair psychology on those waiting in line and telling them how they should feel about it

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I agree with you and @rugbysecondrow in that Ford and the dealerships should profit, it’s called capitalism; however, it’s the specific order at a dealership that brings the vehicle to their lot they they refuse to sell at MSRP (which makes them thousands not hundreds). That’s where the proverbial pitch fork comes in. I’m on record with a dealership profiting on dealer stock or abandoned orders, have at it, but please stop f’ing with the folks that have ordered from you and planned for their dream rig.
100% agree. Orders should be should at MSRP or less. Period. Hard stop.

I'll definitely get my pitchfork and torch out for those stealerships.

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It reminds me of Black Friday shopping. There’s a crowd waiting outside the store. The doors open and everyone comes rushing in. You get people fighting each other or arguing over who gets the last 85in tv that’s on sale for half price. Then there’s one fall on the floor and get stampeded like mufasa in the lion king. Meanwhile I’m just sitting at home watching the news reports glad I’m not out in that mess and chuckling a little bit.
In all fairness, Ford set up the reservation process to prevent that situation lol.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
the "something else" is the issue...people that want a Jeep already left and the 4Runner is at the end of its life cycle and dated. If Ford doesn't rectify the situation for many of us we are a redesigned 4Runner away from telling Ford to keep their Bronco.

This whole debacle had also soured many with Ford. I know I'm probably only one or two schedulings away from getting built but this will be the last Ford I ever buy simply because of their incompetence with this launch.
And that is a totally fair feeling to have and your right to not buy the Bronco or not buy another Ford.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford now has a problem that a disproportionate amount of their hot product is being funneled to one dealer, and many other dealers (the overwhelming majority of whom honor MSRP) are not amused, as they feel they shouldn’t be losing out on a hot vehicle after years of moving Ford product. This forced their hand into changing the allocation model, and therefore the order in which orders and reservations are filled. They’ve caused collateral damage as well, some other smaller dealers who had nothing to do with this are negatively impacted. So you can feel free to support them and wait it out but just remember that is *your choice* as you can significantly reduce your wait time with a new, local order
Although the dealers most impacted (Granger/Chapman/SAC) are small, this is not a small dealer vs large dealer issue. Any dealer that has garnered a larger percentage of Bronco reservations, when compared with overall Ford sales, will be impacted. It will take longer to get through the reservations lists for those dealers. The biggest impact is being seen with small dealers because it is much easier to create a bigger discrepancy when the overall Ford percentage is smaller.

Ironically, the change in the allocation formula hurts dealers that put in extra effort to market the Bronco. Many dealers did things like dedicating someone to be a Bronco expert, sent out SWAG, did local and social media advertising, and guaranteed MSRP or better right from the start. Meanwhile, other dealers who did absolutely nothing, or worse, were hoping the demand would mean they could add surprise ADM, are getting their allocations. My takeaway if I was Ford dealer? When a hot product comes along, do absolutely nothing to help market it because there is no reward for doing so.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
While it's certainly frustrating, and I dont think it's the right thing to do...but I understand why Ford put in place the allocation system, as it's designed to get broncos distributed in a more balanced fashion across the country for branding purposes. Also, the larger volume dealers are likely in more populous areas, and are rewarded to receive more broncos so its balanced per capita, and you dont have 1 Bronco per a few hundred thousand vehicles in that MSA. Additionally, the larger volume dealers may be in areas that are more "buy american/Ford" where they want more broncos on the road. The system is designed to be contagious and boost future sales. I dont see the incentive of having one dealer in a tertiary market pumping out a big share of Broncos through a group buy.

Ford put in place the allocation system before the deadline to change dealers. It was fairly obvious that staying with the group buys would be a bad idea, and we had the opportunity to change out of it. I certainly avoided the group buys and picked my dealer wisely. But again, it's frustrating as this was not the initial game plan to have a simple reservation system.

Last edited:

jsully10

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

100% agree. Orders should be should at MSRP or less. Period. Hard stop.

I'll definitely get my pitchfork and torch out for those stealerships.
Agreed BUT if Ford has been ACTUALLY holding dealers accountable from the start on the MSRP for orders, I think this whole issue with Granger, etc. would not be much of one. People would know they could go to their local dealer knowing they are getting MSRP, instead of having to go half way across the country to get it.

Their stance has been, lets let the slimy dealers do the AMD game on order holders, we then 1 star review them into submission, rinse/repeat. Ford has said recently they are "holding them more accountable," but with multiple new ADM issues this week, sure does not seem like it.
Sponsored