Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can we come up w/a name for the mysterious .400-.600"? Reminds my of the "magic bullet" from the Warren report. Could we call it the "magic half inch"?
Reference it as 13mm and everybody will end the debating....except maybe the Canadians! lol

WarringEagle

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Taken from LLOD video. Sure looks like a power outlet in the center console....

DC96898F-7520-4C1C-BCD3-0DA279884236.png
That is the active drain in the Bronco. When water level gets this high inside inside the cab the bilge pump turns on and drains thru this hole. :~}

Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a post I saw posted yesterday on Facebook. May add a bit of a piece to the puzzle.
Ford Bronco More Q&A from Bronco Super Celebration West (by multiple sources) DF6C659A-CD93-41F6-BDE1-78F47706099B

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Everyone is using those numbers. I don’t care if they’re accurate or not, the difference in height makes no difference to me. I just don’t get why the assumption is the marketing guy knows more than the engineer. I also don’t get why someone wants to use the numbers as hard facts then claim that they’re preliminary figures when someone uses them to go against what they think is right.
You're conflating the arguments of two different people. I'm going to assume the numbers are right until shown otherwise. When comparing Base to Big Bend the numbers work out perfectly. It doesn't make much sense that those are perfect and others are just guesstimates.

And you're using a vague answer (suspension is the same) and then inferring where the extra height comes from, when all we want is a direct answer.

The reason this matters is because a lot of people want to know if they can throw 35s on their Badlands without issue. Ford is going to say no matter what that you need Sasquatch, but whether or not the Sasquatch suspension is slightly taller helps people make an informed decision.

Last edited:

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Later this month may later be revealed to actually mean sometime in November. ?
Is that similar to "very, very, very this month"?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just don’t get why the assumption is the marketing guy knows more than the engineer.
I spent most of a career in marketing/sales....often wrong, but Never in doubt

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a post I saw posted yesterday on Facebook. May add a bit of a piece to the puzzle.
Ford Bronco More Q&A from Bronco Super Celebration West (by multiple sources) DF6C659A-CD93-41F6-BDE1-78F47706099B
Yes but that was "debunked" a long time ago...by an actual engineer, not a marketing guy. Now the marketing folks are going back to that story but this time it was 9mm not 1.2". Really this topic is alot of fun!?

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Later this month may later be revealed to actually mean sometime in November. ?
Call in the English majors on the forum! We need language clarification on "later this"!

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes but that was "debunked" a long time ago...by an actual engineer, not a marketing guy. Now the marketing folks are going back to that story but this time it was 9mm not 1.2". Really this topic is alot of fun!?
I don’t know that 3rd party info from an engineer to one guy on here, with no idea how the question was asked or interpreted ever really “debunked” every other thing we’ve seen or heard or calculated.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can we come up w/a name for the mysterious .400-.600"? Reminds my of the "magic bullet" from the Warren report. Could we call it the "magic half inch"?

That's what my wife calls it..... :cool:
Sponsored