Sponsored

Most Comfortable Ride Quality... Which Trim?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If you get a trim with the Bilstein Position Sensitive Dampers they have excellent bottom out control to help avoid jarring pothole syndrome. They are the standard shocks for the Badlands, Wildtrack and First Edition, part of what is called the HOSS System. They are also included with the Sasquatch Package on the Base, Big Bend, Black Diamond and Outer Banks.

Here is a highlight of the Bilstein Position Sensitive Dampers features.
Bilstein B8 8112 (ZoneControl CR)

ZoneControl CR: Position sensitive damping with 3 compression zones and 2 rebound zones, controlled by 3 independent pistons

Compression (C): Provides superior bottom out control through a 2-stage, telescoping internal compression stop. This feature eliminates the need for an external hydraulic bump stop

Rebound (R): Secondary rebound stop will dissipate spring energy and stabilize the suspension directly following a large compression event. The internal rebound stop will also eliminate harsh top-out events and the need for an external limit strap

Triple piston design delivers comfort during every day driving conditions and maximum control under large suspension imputs

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/bilst...ft-corner-module-41-269282/_/R-BBGL-41-269282
Here is a good video to explain how the Bilstein Position Sensitive Dampers work.

Also, I'm swapping to the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W tires as they are available in P/SL load range for better ride, more information here:
What Tires Are You Going With?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Spotter

Badlands
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you get a trim with the Bilstein Position Sensitive Dampers they have excellent bottom out control to help avoid jarring pothole syndrome. They are the standard shocks for the Badlands, Wildtrack and First Edition, part of what is called the HOSS System. They are also included with the Sasquatch Package on the Base, Big Bend, Black Diamond and Outer Banks.

Here is a highlight of the Bilstein Position Sensitive Dampers features.

Here is a good video to explain how the Bilstein Position Sensitive Dampers work.

Also, I'm swapping to the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W tires as they are available in P/SL load range for better ride, more information here:
What Tires Are You Going With?
Thank you!
A tin of good info here. I like the sound of maximum comfort during everyday driving. Maybe the ride quality will be decent after all!

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't want to be "that guy" but if you care about ride quality the most, perhaps you should be looking at Bronco Sport

It's honestly not bad for what it is. I think it's kind of rad actually with the table that folds down, under seat storage, molle straps on the back of the seats, etc.
I'm concerned about ride quality too, if the real bronco doesn't cut it then I'd advise going a completely different direction. The bronco sport is basically just a ford escape which is a pretty poor vehicle in it's class.

While the real bronco is cool, nobody should even be considering the sport unless they care more about having a blue oval than about having a good vehicle

Zinn

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wouldn’t Outer Banks be most comfortable on pavement due to its P-rated tires? Probably Badlands would be best off pavement (or any Sasquatch model)

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't want to be "that guy" but if you care about ride quality the most, perhaps you should be looking at Bronco Sport

It's honestly not bad for what it is. I think it's kind of rad actually with the table that folds down, under seat storage, molle straps on the back of the seats, etc.
I would bet the outer banks would more comfortable than the Bronco Sport due to the longer wheel base.

Sponsored

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No matter what tires you pick or what suspension setup, the Bronco will never be as comfortable as a modern Landcruiser of which I have had three. If your wife really prefers that smooth a ride she may be disappointed.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Wouldn’t Outer Banks be most comfortable on pavement due to its P-rated tires? Probably Badlands would be best off pavement (or any Sasquatch model)
Better with P rated tires however they are 18" wheels on the Outer Banks so you loose the better sidewall flex a 17" wheel gives you.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I would bet the outer banks would more comfortable than the Bronco Sport due to the longer wheel base.
But the Bronco is BOF, the Bronco Sport is Unibody, apples and oranges.

Reactions: MJJ

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OP
OP

Spotter

Badlands
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No matter what tires you pick or what suspension setup, the Bronco will never be as comfortable as a modern Landcruiser of which I have had three. If your wife really prefers that smooth a ride she may be disappointed.
Just curious, what makes you say this?
Not disagreeing, just want to learn more.

Sponsored

Zinn

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Land Cruisers are huge and heavy, for one thing. Both a blessing and a curse (off road).

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The land cruiser is great on and off road. The ride on the road is supple. The big SUV is isolated very nicely from noise and vibration. The suspension is heavy duty and very rugged and it goes over ruts and pot holes almost as if they did not exist. Remember that these LCs are used over the globe dealing like champs with the worst terrain for decades.
The steering is numb compared to sports cars or even the average sedan or SUV but it also keeps the rough and harsh action the front wheels are dealing with from your hands. The LC is so well put together that even after decades of use their is little or no creaking or squealing or other signs of things coming loose.

The Bronco is essentially an off road vehicle and its claim to fame is exactly that...off road prowess. It will deal with the paved roads and highways and the mall parking lot duty but the suspension is not built or tuned for that. The isolation from noise and vibration is also unlikely to be to the standard of a LC, certainly not over the long haul of years or miles. The Bronco's fun factor with removables doors and roof and ability to navigate narrower paths between rocks and such will be higher but for overloading say from Alaska to the southern tip of South America or across Australia or Africa or Central Asia no vehicle can compete with the Landcruiser. I drove all over the US in my first 1992 Landcruiser and when I sold it it was still solid and going strong.

Picture is that of my 2013 LC.

B1A934A0-5C05-4040-BDA8-5CE892450F09.jpeg

Last edited:

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Everyone probably already knows but maybe worth noting; the tires load rating makes a big difference in ride quality. I think the new Bronco will not ride well if someone puts load E tires on it, IMHO load E tires will be much too stiff for a Bronco, for most people.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I will say that I was quite surprised with the ride of my Jeep JL Wrangler, and that's with two solid axles. I would expect the ride in the Bronco to be a bit better with the IFS. Of course I would also expect a tight ride, so the bumps and ruts will be felt a bit more than a normal vehicle. But, it still isn't that bad in the Jeep.

yankee hat with no brim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lexus
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

That's very rude to keep telling people that the Bronco isn't for them. You've done this multiple times. They're in a Bronco forum asking questions. You stifle it by saying that.
Sponsored