Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My biggest complaint is the fact that I was not going high-speed through muddy water nor was the water above the bottom of my bumper.this. Shouldn't never have? I've been able to get to the alternator if it was correctly protected. I could understand if the water got over my hood or on my hood. But I was in thick mud spinning tires doing that kind of thing. I do believe it is fair free strange that ford representative has not commented on this thread. I have seen them in a lot of other threats posting comments and asking for information from users.but it's barry very quiet in here.
Oh, they’ll be along sooner or later. Especially if you summon them like a demon. :p
Sponsored

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Mustang Maverick F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Has anyone had a failed alternator in a 2.3L yet?

Sponsored
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yip this guy
Dang. I had mine 28"+ at one point....back in March 2022 before these issues started popping up. I have been a bit more cautious since. But, haven't seen anyone install the new cover on 2.3L - have you?

Seems like you have a bunch of problems with yours...sorry dude.

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dang. I had mine 28"+ at one point....back in March 2022 before these issues started popping up. I have been a bit more cautious since. But, haven't seen anyone install the new cover on 2.3L - have you?

Seems like you have a bunch of problems with yours...sorry dude.
Not even close to that deep for me. I was spinning to throw mud everywhere. Finally got it back today. I must say my service writer has been awesome with ALL the crap wrong with my Bronco.

Take a look at the view of my alternator from my wheel well. Ford needs to do better!

I hate to say it but Jeep EX4 is looking better everyday. It's sad because I have ever only owned 2 vehicle that were not Ford and one was a Nissa Quest made by Ford.

20230525_201530.jpg

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I still think a filter sock over the Alt may be the real fix. Just need to figure a way to make sure it doesn't touch the pully/belt

ScLeCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I still think a filter sock over the Alt may be the real fix. Just need to figure a way to make sure it doesn't touch the pully/belt
It's just going to melt and then you got bigger issues.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's just going to melt and then you got bigger issues.
You think? I mean these are designed to be ran inside a hot engine bay. Or the exhaust so close to the alternator that it would cook it?

ScLeCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the alternator it's coming into physical contact with hot metal. The alternator gets hot an air filter does not.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone had a dealer install the shield on a working alternator for the 2.7 yet? If so, how much was the labor charge?

What is the name of the part used to remove/install the stretch belt?

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone had a dealer install the shield on a working alternator for the 2.7 yet? If so, how much was the labor charge?

What is the name of the part used to remove/install the stretch belt?
The special service tool listed in the WorkShop Manual is 303-1252 Stretchy Belt Remover/Installer Tool, but they are ridiculously overpriced IMO ($450+). Here is an example of one for sale on the Internet.

There are much cheaper aftermarket products available, like this one from Lisle (or other similar models), that may work, but I have not tried them. There are lots of YouTube videos online showing people installing these stretchy belts on numerous vehicles. You're basically rolling it on to the pulley like mounting a bike chain, so several different tools (even makeshift ones) should work.

A PDF of the Bronco belt removal and installation procedure is attached below for reference.

Attachments

Last edited:

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The alternator removal and installation procedure will differ based on the engine. It's a tight fit, especially in the 2.7L engine bay, but it can be done in ~1.5 hours on a service lift. WSM procedures for the 21MY are attached below. (I only have the 21MY WSM, so I don't have the procedure for the 3.0L Raptor engine.)

It would be nice if you could remove and replace the shield without removing the alternator, but I'm not sure that is possible for at least one of the models.
Any chance you have a copy of this one ? Can't find it through google.

Ford Bronco Muddy water fording alternator issue fix: TSB 22-2392 -- Mud Accumulation in Generator 1686855562183
Sponsored