First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just heard back from my local Ford Parts dealer, he says the toolkit is only $55, but backordered.

I wonder if it will have the bronco branding like the original.
That seems reasonable, given some Bronco parts prices being quoted here.

I wonder if it's chinesium. Definitely a Snap-on tribute, from what I've seen.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I should have mentioned I had to drive an hour home with no glass @22° F.

I'd go doors off if it wasn't so damn cold.
Sounds like when the window got busted out of my Mustang in Winnipeg, MB in Feb... 22F sucks, but try -22C (-8F):p

I had a 2 hour drive... all I can say is the heater in a Mustang definitely cannot keep up to that sort of cold when a window is missing

OP
OP

Randm

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sounds like when the window got busted out of my Mustang in Winnipeg, MB in Feb... 22F sucks, but try -22C (-8F):p

I had a 2 hour drive... all I can say is the heater in a Mustang definitely cannot keep up to that sort of cold when a window is missing
Haha,

I wouldn't drive my GT in the rain!

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, I should have mentioned I had to drive an hour home with no glass @22° F.

I'd go doors off if it wasn't so damn cold.
Get a nice jacket . . . just don't leave it in the car.

Weeks for a replacement? I can't even.

Sponsored

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

First time I ever had a vehicle broken into. Insult to injury is that I only had it for 3 days.

It sucks, but at least the truck was so new that nothing of value was inside, or so I thought. I realized this morning that there was something in it other than my registration, the tool kit.

That's pretty upsetting. Anyone have a part number? TIA.

They also took an accessory cap. Cheap part from Ford at $32. I guess I've never had anything nice enough for someone to be jealous of.
20220104_111644.jpg
received_908616873148387.jpeg
OMG that really SUCKS!

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haha,

I wouldn't drive my GT in the rain!
I only had one car at the time, drove 8 winters w/ that Mustang and had a blast (to be fair I only have one now, since I traded the Mustang in on the Bronco)

connor'sdad

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-250 Lariat, 1995 EB bronco and 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
sorry, that reallly sucks! where is the tool kit located in the bronco? i have yet to see mine.

OP
OP

Randm

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
sorry, that reallly sucks! where is the tool kit located in the bronco? i have yet to see mine.
If it's not in your glove box you need to call your dealer.

Mine was in the glove box, but the dealer "forgot" to put the literature into my car. So all the literature was still in his office. It seems a lot of people didn't get the booklets either.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man, sorry this happened. I know the feeling.

One of the few things I like about Tesla is their camera surveillance system. That would be nice to have in situations like this one.
Agreed - Tesla’s sentry mode is pretty innovative. You’d think with vehicles having 360 degree cameras, this would be standard. Heck, I’m still shocked dash cameras aren’t mandated in new vehicles. Helps eliminate “he said” vs. “she said.”

Throwback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If there weren't obvious tutorials on every way to take apart the damn thing, maybe we could make it even easier as a collective group to show criminals how to break it, get into, and steal parts off of it. I mean, it's cool for the person who wants to know how to remove parts, but easier for people that have no business in touching one (not the owner, duh).

That's been in my thoughts since I've been watching all these professional youtube videos. By the time people get their Broncos, half of the current ones on the road will have lost their removable fenders, and sold on e-bay. This makes chop shops target the vehicles they can break into and take apart the fastest for the most profit.

Can you think of another modern vehicle that can check all of these boxes?

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That sucks. I keep petitioning my local representatives to remove the canal bridges to keep the riff raff off the peninsula.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

sucks, hope you get it fixed quickly. Happens all the time, everywhere, has nothing to do with regions or states, LOL. Just a pain to deal with but that's one of the things insurance is for.

Not one of our cars has anything of value in it and I also hide the registration (or anything else with my name and address) in places that no smash and grab ass would ever look. Would take me a moment to get if I ever get pulled over, but that's fine.

If I park in a sketchy area, city garage, or busy giant lot etc, I open my glove compartment and center console for all to see there's nothing at all in there, no clue if that helped or not, but haven't gotten broken into so far. Started doing that when I used to park in really sketchy alleys late at night to go to concerts etc.

Annoying as hell, but all fixable and I hope you can figure out a temporary fix until the glass is replaced or you have a 2nd vehicle. Sure sucks on such a new rig especially, I didn't even want to leave mine parked at Safeway w/o a private guard the first couple of times :-D

As for that sentry mode and 24/7 dash cams, not sure what you'd expect to do with that video? For a petty crime the cops aren't gonna go all CSI, they are (sadly) busy with way worse things. I guess you can add it to the thousands of break in videos on youtube?
Sponsored