Sponsored

My Bronco order is listed for sale with 25K ADM [UPDATE: turned out to be automated listing with automatic ADM adjustment]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronco23

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Late last night I was on Cars.com and even I was stumped and had to double check my vin and yep sure enough its her. And the dealership knows me personally so just really surprised they are doing this.
Im wondering if they are somehow autofed to the site once in transit like they are to Ford's dealership sites. I find it hard to believe there are 2,891 Bronco's for sale on that site across the country. If there are the whole ADM thing is really being abused.
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I sincerely hope Ford can begin to regulate some of the conduct we have all been witnessing. Just because the dealer has the right.....doesn't make it right.
Under the contract they have with the dealers, they can if the dealer slaps on surprise ADMs with a signed pricing agreement (or purchase agreement or buyer's order).

If you don't have one of those, not a whole lot Ford can do because a final sales price was never agreed upon.
Pretty sure Fords system auto populates vehicles that are in transit to a dealership. Doesn't explain the pricing but would explain why it's "for sale" on their website.
Yeah, it does. Sales manager at my dealership was complaining about it when I was there on Friday. He has to manually go in an remove retail orders from their website once they get posted... and if he doesn't do it fast enough he gets bombarded with phone calls from people who want to buy a Bronco.

As far as I know Cars.com isn't linked into Ford's system, but maybe it is now? Not sure.

OP
OP
Ice Age

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Im wondering if they are somehow autofed to the site once in transit like they are to Ford's dealership sites. I find it hard to believe there are 2,891 Bronco's for sale on that site across the country. If there are the whole ADM thing is really being abused.
Yes read my last post the ADM stuff is ridiculous and yes its being abused but at the same time I think people are waking up and not paying it.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Ice Age,

Hopefully your relationship with the GM will save your Bronco. Rather than sitting back at accept what is potentially bad news, I would suggest that you give your buddy a call and head them off at the pass, so to speak. Good luck and I really hope you get your Bronco with no AMD. Keep us posted as to what happens...

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wow the craziness of the Car world is just incredible to say the least. And yeh my Bronco order which I ordered July first day 2020 is finally just days away to be delivered to my selling dealer and I see they have her advertised with ADM. Which already tells me once she hits the ground and my salesman calls me all excited about her finally arriving to only inform me she has 10k ADM😡. I will not disclose at this time who this is being I have purchased so many vehicles from this dealer and will just take the assumptions at this time they are just advertising her to have the back up plan should I not take her. I have a personal relationship with the GM and will be blown away if they expect me to pay this ADM. But at the same time wouldn’t surprise me being they charge ADM all the time to others and not so much for me. Interesting times and most likely mine will not be delivered until later in the month. It’s already been pushed out two weeks being it was supposed to be delivered Friday last week the 7th. But now its estimated the 18th or later. I am not calling them I will let them call me when she arrives and then see how they treat me and go from there.
If it was me, I would not sit back and wait but with that said I have a relationship with my salesman to where I would call him out on any bulls@#!. We all have waited so long that I personally have no patience for games from my dealership.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ice Age

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hey Ice Age,

Hopefully your relationship with the GM will save your Bronco. Rather than sitting back at accept what is potentially bad news, I would suggest that you give your buddy a call and head them off at the pass, so to speak. Good luck and I really hope you get your Bronco with no AMD. Keep us posted as to what happens...
Thanks and what sucks as everyone knows is the build delay and now the delivery time. Was supposed to be picking it up this weekend. And I was in FlorIda for 3 weeks and even my sales guy alerted me it was due in on the 7th.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would recommend going in before it shows up to secure your financing. If for no other reasons, you can refuse the dealer “add ons” that some of them are using to disguise markup. When I asked about others getting charged an adm, my dealer told me that they automatically add things like paint protection and other crap to every vehicle that hits the lot, and they add to the msrp for it. Maybe it gives them a better chance to screw you when they can say, “Oh, sorry you didn’t want to add the undercoating for 5k and window tinting for another 5k, but we’d be happy to place a new order for you.” That’s not the reason I went in early to do the financing, but I’m glad I did. I know my dealer has screwed other bronco buyers, and I don’t think they were gonna try it with me, but they never had a chance to install any add ons, so one less excuse.

Also, if you have to go to war, I’d rather do it while my Bronco is still on the train than fight it out for a week or more while my bronco sits on the lot collecting dust.

OP
OP
Ice Age

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is great now your tempting me to go buy her before she even arrives😳. Yikes yikes you guys are dangerous🤔

cclkramer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 ford f350 diesel dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow the craziness of the Car world is just incredible to say the least. And yeh my Bronco order which I ordered July first day 2020 is finally just days away to be delivered to my selling dealer and I see they have her advertised with ADM. Which already tells me once she hits the ground and my salesman calls me all excited about her finally arriving to only inform me she has 10k ADM😡. I will not disclose at this time who this is being I have purchased so many vehicles from this dealer and will just take the assumptions at this time they are just advertising her to have the back up plan should I not take her. I have a personal relationship with the GM and will be blown away if they expect me to pay this ADM. But at the same time wouldn’t surprise me being they charge ADM all the time to others and not so much for me. Interesting times and most likely mine will not be delivered until later in the month. It’s already been pushed out two weeks being it was supposed to be delivered Friday last week the 7th. But now its estimated the 18th or later. I am not calling them I will let them call me when she arrives and then see how they treat me and go from there.
You have already been screwed!! Get on it now!!

Sponsored

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yikes. The friggin nerve. That's not their car to advertise for sale. Is that legal? It shouldn't be. Fack!

Torx

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend 2DR, '21 JL and 7 other projects
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Fingers crossed, we've all been seeing it too much and the dealers are trying to justify it any way they can. Hopefully your relationship will mean something to them. At least to the GM it should. Have seen a few people mention they've purchased many vehicles from a dealer and won't go back after being screwed on their Bronco as well.

I would be nervous as well, seeing it listed. It probably is automatic like others have said but it sure doesn't make you feel good. I'm lucky my dealer was really cool, and showed no interest in trying to sell it for themselves. Everyone there kept telling me how much I could flip it for. It was weird.

Good luck, you'll probably be fine.

cclkramer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 ford f350 diesel dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is great now your tempting me to go buy her before she even arrives😳. Yikes yikes you guys are dangerous🤔
I tried to pay cash for my Bronco before it arrived and the said NO! When I told them I was worried about all the asshole stealerships adding ADM they assured me they were not an asshole stealership. Sure enough it turned out to be the best experience I have ever had buying a new truck! Good luck! We are here if you need us!

The_Viking

Big Bend
First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hello, and sorry to read about you being put in this position. You can take this advice with a grain of salt, but I know if it was me personally, I would be sitting at the GMs desk Monday with a copy of the Cars.com ad in hand, and ask him are you really going to do this to me?...He would either have to say "well.... yes, Im sorry, but its the market" or, " of course not, that's an automated service and we would never do that to a good customer we have dealt with for years".... IMHO, having the meeting with the GM before the vehicles arrival would present an advantage and be better than going down there and getting ticked off after they have already laid out the delivery scenario to their advantage. Anyway, no matter what happens, best of luck.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
True but whats not talked about and Dealerships do not want to talk about is the amount of sales they have lost. Meaning they do not have the same volume of sales and they are riding off the overpriced vehicle sales. The GM is not going to approach the Sales Manager about this until the deal is sitting in front of him. And for me why start the conversation until the vehicle hits the dealership and the Salesman calls me and actually says oh we ain’t doing that to you. The posting is for anyone here who wants to see how this plays out great and even for me I am intrigued to see how this plays out as well. So many have seen this type of Sale tactics and thought I would share my experience as well.
I'd want to know my deal going in. Not knowing is a setup for a big failure. Why wait, you say you like seeing what people do, but this isn't a social experiment in behavior. It's your vehicle and a large investment. Read a psychology textbook if you want to learn about behavior. Ask your friend the GM what's the deal. It may even help others here with an order at that dealership. If you don't care, then why even post all this, why not have just posted after you went to pick it up? Because you want to know too.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.