Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there a way to know which stick we have? I'm a late build, I'm wondering if I already have the correct stick. Was planning on doing my first oil change this week.
OP can you post t
I believe the stick change over was May 9, 2022.
Crap, my build date was end of March.

Can we get some dimensions posted to confirm?
Sponsored

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The question is… did those of us that filled only to the max fill hole on the original stick cause any damage?

I’ve apparently been running ~0.825 qt short for 2k miles since I decided to heed the owners manual text that stated specifically to not run above the max fill hole, knowing full well this contradicted the 7qt specifications (either option required disobeying the other; I chose to go with the one that allowed me to use something measured and graduated to reason about the fill level, but apparently this was the wrong decision)…

Regardless of the potential of sustained damage, I now feel the need to go perform a full drain and 7qt fill thousands of miles early since there’s no f***ing way to just add and measure where I’m at with the factory dipstick I was provided.
I doubt it would do any damage but it was always in the back of my head that maybe it had something to do with all the blown engines.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok so the question is what is the proper oil fill after and oil and filter change? Is it 6.5 or 7 quarts? Or whatever is in the manual and is that correct?

Why can't we use the original dipstick and note where the level is after proper fill of the correct amount? This would be ignoring the current marks. Or grinding off the current marks and re-marking the dip stick? I won't spend the money for a new dip stick as long as I know I have the crankcase filled with the correct amount and know where the full mark is on the dipstick, regardless of the marks.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I doubt it would do any damage but it was always in the back of my head that maybe it had something to do with all the blown engines.
@Ford Motor Company should mail these out to the 2.7 owners ASAP.
The first thing folks are going to say when a 2.7 seizes up is "you put the wrong dipstick in there."

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP can you post t

Crap, my build date was end of March.

Can we get some dimensions posted to confirm?
See below:

Survey says....

Don't judge me for the mess. New top, old bottom.
ds1.jpg

Measured to the shoulder, old.
ds2.jpg

New
ds3.jpg

Oil level old. (2,500 on oil)
ds4.jpg

New (3 samples, averaged between top hole and top hash mark)
ds5.jpg

Old marking.
ds6.jpg

New
ds7.jpg

I hope we can put this issue to bed now.

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is the part number listed anywhere on the dip stick itself?....if so, I would like to check mine before ordering a new one
The number on the stick is an engineering number...the correct one is MB3E-6750-BA

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

19 1/2+" old, 19 3/16" new from the shoulder of the plastic handle. I think the combination of shorter length and location of twist is the key. Not sure if you take the roll pin out of the old one, shorten and repin will correct the problem just by itself.

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't want to, but I'll be ordering this. Who knows if or when Ford will replace these for free. Thank you for solving this months-long mystery!

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@flip Is this going to be a recall or everyone just has to go buy the new part.

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds to me they used a different oil pan on the first 2.7L. That’s just bad math on Ford. Good find!!
Same pan but from the start Ford went with a dipstick that was intended for another application, and now they found another dipstick also intended for another application that happens to work for the Bronco. At least this one works!

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok so the question is what is the proper oil fill after and oil and filter change? Is it 6.5 or 7 quarts? Or whatever is in the manual and is that correct?

Why can't we use the original dipstick and note where the level is after proper fill of the correct amount? This would be ignoring the current marks. Or grinding off the current marks and re-marking the dip stick? I won't spend the money for a new dip stick as long as I know I have the crankcase filled with the correct amount and know where the full mark is on the dipstick, regardless of the marks.
7 quarts

No need to grind anything you can just scribe a mark but make sure you drained completely and added 7 and waited until at least 15 minutes after adding/running/shutting off to check your level before scribing.

Broncofly

First Edition
First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Honda Africa Twin, Husqvarna 310R
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I looked at my FE dipper and it that would explain why my oil level is waaaaaay above the top level and by the curve?! I haven't touched the oil since I drove it off the lot. Hmmmm.......

......and mine does have the "H".......hmmmmmmmm

My FE is a mid November build.........time to go and check your dipstick boys and girls.:poop:(y)

Last edited:

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
drain your oil and put in 7 quarts. You can put in 6.5 or 6 or whatever you like .. but the 2.7 takes 7 quarts.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those wanting to order these from us please hold off until we can get a sufficient quantity in stock. We've got a good size order in today and placing another tomorrow. We try to get too many at one time and Ford bounces the entire order. I've got the part loaded on the store but tagged it "not for sale". It makes Jarod's job harder to have a bunch of open orders when the number we order is different than what they actually send then add longer than normal shipping times and it just makes more paper chasing. Once we get sufficient quantities in I'll make them available.

I do not know of any program coming out for this but feel it's highly likely. If you do purchase one from me or another dealer, keep your sales invoice. Ford almost always has provisions in programs for "repairs" done prior to the program going into effect. Also, if you're a post 5/9/22 build you should have or will be getting, the new style.

I'm not trying to be the greedy dealer and get all the parts for us, just trying to get enough to cover my sold customers and those already asking. Jarod said we can send these USPS in a bubble bag for about $4.50 and the 6G part price is about $16.54 as of the Ford's current tape. Please be patient and I'll let everyone know when it's time.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@flip Is this going to be a recall or everyone just has to go buy the new part.
No idea at this point but the initial inventory level does not suggest they're preparing for that right now. I absolutely hope they do but if you buy before that happens, keep your receipt. Ford usually provides for reimbursement if a repair is done out of pocket prior to a program being released. Honestly, it's a huge PITA to do this for the dealer for a $20.00 refund. Lots of administrative paperwork and claim following for the office. Service generates a RO, warranty admin submits for a refund, Ford pays, office verifies then has to cut and send a check to the customer.

Bottom line, if you can wait to see if this becomes a program, please do. Costs more in admin. time (at least us) to do refunds for these small amounts and Ford basically pays us nothing to process them. Maybe a couple tenths which doesn't cover our costs. I guess what I'm trying to say is it's faster and easier for us to run a claim for a program that's already open, then to babysit a refund claim.
Sponsored