Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, is the correct number MB3Z or MB3E?
MB3Z is the part number you would order from your dealer.

What is actually stamped onto the stick is the engineering number (MB3E). The engineering number can be used by your dealer to find the part number as well. Same but different basically. The part number provided is correct though I believe you’ll want to confirm with your dealer that it’s the updated (5/9) part since it appears that this same part number has existed for a while now.

Someone correct me if I’m informed wrong, I don’t know dealer specifics all too well and decoding parts has been a learning curve the last couple weeks
Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here it is...the definitive answer to our issues! The facts:

The correct stick is PN MB3Z-6750-B

It is 7/8 of an inch shorter from the base of the handle to the MAX line than the current sticks in our Broncos.

Note the pics...showing side by side comparisons of overall length and max mark lengths. Also note my oil position as measured PER THE MANUAL on the "new" stick. If you want an accurate oil measurement using the procedures indicated in the manual, with 7 quarts, buy the MB3Z-6750-B. I ordered it from my dealer Friday, it came today...19.45.
20220601_162510.jpg
20220601_162520.jpg
20220601_162733.jpg
@Administrator new dipstick solves the 7 quart 2.7L mystery

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why should we buy the new stick…. Ford should replace free….
I came here to post the same thing. Ford should be replacing these for free…

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Being a full quart low will be a potential issue in uneven terrain other than that, its a non issue, its not like these are racing at high rpm.

pjstans

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here it is...the definitive answer to our issues! The facts:

The correct stick is PN MB3Z-6750-B

It is 7/8 of an inch shorter from the base of the handle to the MAX line than the current sticks in our Broncos.

Note the pics...showing side by side comparisons of overall length and max mark lengths. Also note my oil position as measured PER THE MANUAL on the "new" stick. If you want an accurate oil measurement using the procedures indicated in the manual, with 7 quarts, buy the MB3Z-6750-B. I ordered it from my dealer Friday, it came today...19.45.

Ford Bronco New correct dipstick (here's part number) solves 2.7L 7-quarts engine oil capacity / maximum fill amount mystery! 🕵🏻‍♂️ 7354D12C-6575-40F9-BF2E-0E20BBBABCBD
Ford Bronco New correct dipstick (here's part number) solves 2.7L 7-quarts engine oil capacity / maximum fill amount mystery! 🕵🏻‍♂️ 7354D12C-6575-40F9-BF2E-0E20BBBABCBD
Is the part number listed anywhere on the dip stick itself?....if so, I would like to check mine before ordering a new one

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there a way to know which stick we have? I'm a late build, I'm wondering if I already have the correct stick. Was planning on doing my first oil change this week.

Sponsored

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Oh This going to open up a huge can of worms. The dealers shops are the last to know anything.
Maybe someone needs to hit up ole Jim Farley and Mike Levine's Twitter page.

Migs1313

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is there a way to know which stick we have? I'm a late build, I'm wondering if I already have the correct stick. Was planning on doing my first oil change this week.
I believe the stick change over was May 9, 2022.

Gulley13

Wildtrak
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer, 1996 Ford Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You are most welcome...this stupid dipstick thing has haunted me since my first oil change back in October...my hope now is that it is TRULY the correct stick (it is now listed as such in the parts database) rather than Ford teasing us with a "7 quart oil capacity" and then later figuring out that it really holds 6 and then just finding that the 3.5 liter stick happens to have the 7-quart level fall into the hash mark range towards the upper limit (which it does beautifully). Call me skeptical but it seems ready odd that the "solution" to the intended stick being a quart off is repurposing an existing stick intended for an entirely different engine perplexes me. Even so, it makes me happier that at least all appears well as soon as I measure my oil.

I would wager that a lot of folks, however, will buy the right stick, then check their oil immediately after adding it and not wait the at least 15 minutes, and then complain that their oil measures too low...wait for it...

So to everyone...if you buy the correct stick, please wait until AFTER 15 minutes has passed after shutting off your car/adding oil to check the level (as per the manual).
Sounds to me they used a different oil pan on the first 2.7L. That’s just bad math on Ford. Good find!!

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
read post #16 above

Sponsored