First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am a volume dealer. We're in Northern California. Kearny Mesa currently has 300 new cars in stock, and I'd consider them bigger than a low volume dealer. Haven't you recognized that the folks in this forum are not the typical buyers?
My last top 100 report shows us less than 20 Fords behind Serramonte for the year ;)
Sponsored

DHC

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm still not following how that's a good financial decision if the difference between the two dealers is any less than, let's say, $1500. And even if transportation costs you $1k, is going through that hassle really worth $500? I would probably need a few thousand to go through that scenario.
The Stephens deal ($1,000 below invoice, not MSRP, and a hard-cap on junk fees) is well worth a one-way plane ticket and night's stay at a Hampton Inn.

That is going to be much more than a net $500 savings.

Heck, my wife and I are going to drive half-way and stay over at the Grove Park Inn in Asheville. Winner, winner.

DHC

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I work at a Ford dealership and I promise you we and other dealers aren't doing less than MSRP I have been in the business for more than 6 years and new cars that come out do not have discounts if you want to get a better price than MSRP you would have to wait for 2022 year but buy a left over 2021 model.
Google Stephens or Granger.

Sponsored

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I work at a Ford dealership and I promise you we and other dealers aren't doing less than MSRP I have been in the business for more than 6 years and new cars that come out do not have discounts if you want to get a better price than MSRP you would have to wait for 2022 year but buy a left over 2021 model.
I can't imagine why anyone on this forum wouldn't want to do business with you. :rolleyes:

Pro tip, you six year noob, bragging about your D plan right now on this forum is beyond being tone death.

mneblett

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2019 Mustang GT vert, 2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm still not following how that's a good financial decision if the difference between the two dealers is any less than, let's say, $1500. And even if transportation costs you $1k, is going through that hassle really worth $500? I would probably need a few thousand to go through that scenario.
That assumes the difference would be that small.

If I go with Stephens, I pay circa $2500-$3000 less than MSRP (likely more by the time DIO's are factored in), and also save most of what would otherwise be the local dealer's $799 processing fee.

I drive 6 hrs with my wonderful wife through pretty mountain country.

Even if we take her F-150 SCrew, the fuel, food and lodging costs (assuming we don't just drive straight home) will easily be less that $500.

Not a difficult decision for us.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Oh boy, another enlightened salesperson here to inform us how car buying works :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Now which of the dozen deals to pick from? back to my spreadsheets.

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't imagine why anyone on this forum wouldn't want to do business with you. :rolleyes:

Pro tip, you six year noob, bragging about your D plan right now on this forum is beyond being tone death.
Yepper. It's the old "I work at a Ford dealership" trick! After 6-years, he hasn't learned how to talk to potential customers. It's no wonder that people become demoralized to talk to most car salesmen.

Sponsored

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm going to wait until after the B&P is up and have configured about 50 variations and then settled on my top two, which will likely either be a fully loaded Badlands or Wildtrak. Then I'm going to my local dealer and tell them that they either come down to "invoice" and limited fees (similar pricing to what would have been with X-plan) or I'm switching to one of the longer distance options of Invoice less $1,000 or more.

The extra $1,000 will cover whatever logistics I will end up using to get my Bronco to where it needs to end up.

I'm currently in East Texas, but am likely moving to Colorado Springs next Springs. So, I can either jump on the Texas buy-in or the Granger/Colorado group.

Paying MSRP isn't in my plan.

I think lost in this No X-Plan debacle is this big advantage. You can switch dealers and can price shop. Ford should be commended for this and puts the bargaining chip back in the customers hands.

Last edited:

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
your dealer might be out of state not Cali and is probably a low volume dealer those are what most do
So low volume dealer equals better deal?? Interesting thought and goes against logic but ok!!

Ultimate6g

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT8 Challenger, Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I live in Bakersfield CA. Every year local dealerships lose 100s if not thousands of new car sales to LA dealers.

They think that the usual sale talk is going to persuade everyone to pay more.

You know the usual, buy local get local perks thing that always gets said. Stuff that isn't in writing that people seldom get. Like the whole "ill go out of my way to make sure if your car is in service to get a local buyer a loaner if possible" key word there is if possible.

I've bought a mitsubishi, a Ford, and nissan locally. All because the dealerships at the time were willing to accept a fair offer where they still make money and I go home with a decent deal.

After the sale though I have never ever gotten any "local" perk that would have been worth forgoing the savings.

Be an informed shopper, remember there is invoice and holdback. A dealership will usually never tap into their holdback but never take the usual "We got to make some money on the car" when asking for invoice + factory rebates.

It is downright disgusting when you find out what the holdback is on some of these vehicles and the dealership still marks up the vehicle because they know they are going to stick some sucker with all that negative equity. There is in fact a video on yourtube showing holdbacks on a raptor.... check it out.... its eye opening if you are new to car shopping.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
like I said low volume dealers. I'm not disagreeing that dealers will do below I'm just saying none in Cali like LA and Orange county. Now lets just say you get below MSRP no problem but what about added dealer features and they will get you on rate. See I'm a finance manager at a Ford Dealer do 1 I am Getting D-plan and 2 is we will be making money off reserve for amount finance. Thank you
The WORLD’S largest Ford dealer by volume is in SoCal and I have one of my resos with them. Other than an introductory welcome email at Reso time and now getting the sales emails, It’s been nothing but crickets from them and I received no offers of spiffs either. I made my 2nd Reso with them to protect my interests when X Plan dealers were being singled out. I’m assuming here in Calif, that MSRP is going to be the common sales price goal. I do try to buy locally to support my community, but I refuse to be held hostage over that mantra nor am I going to trade dollars for a trip to Des Moines IA

Last edited:

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going to wait until after the B&P is up and have configured about 50 variations and then settled on my top two, which will likely either be a fully loaded Badlands or Wildtrak. Then I'm going to my local dealer and tell them that they either come down to "invoice" and limited fees (similar pricing to what would have been with X-plan) or I'm switching to one of the longer distance options of Invoice less $1,000 or more.

The extra $1,000 will cover whatever logistics I will end up using to get my Bronco to where it needs to end up.

I'm currently in East Texas, but am likely moving to Colorado Springs next Springs. So, I can either jump on the Texas buy-in or the Granger/Colorado group.

Paying MSRP isn't in my plan.
You are welcome to join us... especially if you are moving to CO. ;)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.