First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does the HOSS 3.0 have the same suspension height as the Sasquatch or different?
Sponsored

Richie

Wildtrak
First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor, 2001 XJ, 1989 LX Mustang, 17 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My Wildtrak is stuck on ice Mountain while they release HOSS 3.0! I would have opted in for that in a heartbeat.
That is a solid amount of performance enhancement for 2500 bucks.

TRH

Raptor
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Does anyone have a read on whether or not adding HOSS to an unscheduled WT order will trigger the below (contained in the Ford update email) regrading triggering 2022.5 MY pricing?? Effectively makes the HOSS add $5k.

mcrank

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ya, right after I get mine...don't get me wrong....very happy to have mine....but I just missed out on the Raptor (not too bummed), but this...now this makes me mad, because hearing about those damn tie-rods snapping pretty easily, obviously, because they've now gone and done this. Grrrrr

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will all the 4-cylinder owners still say they have plenty of power, no need for more?
Yes. I don't think I've even been past half throttle yet.

I would love to come across some of these 3.0 takeoffs though if they can be retrofit.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any general consensus that this steering rack would be an easy upgrade for SAS?

TheSSBoz

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does anyone have a read on whether or not adding HOSS to an unscheduled WT order will trigger the below (contained in the Ford update email) regrading triggering 2022.5 MY pricing?? Effectively makes the HOSS add $5k.
Yeah also questioning this on a Wildtrak order.

Ford Bronco New option! 2022 Wildtrak HOSS 3.0 with Fox Internal Bypass ScreenHunter_12 Feb. 23 11.44

Also seems like introducing this to one model...means trying to switch models / "series" to get this really hits you hard...unless you can make a switch to a different "series" order as of today/soon and still avoid MY22.5 pricing...? What day do the rules in the FAQ even go into play?

TRH

Raptor
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yeah also questioning this on a Wildtrak order.

Ford Bronco New option! 2022 Wildtrak HOSS 3.0 with Fox Internal Bypass ScreenHunter_12 Feb. 23 11.44

Also seems like introducing this to one model...means trying to switch models / "series" to get this really hits you hard...unless you can make a switch to a different "series" order as of today/soon and still avoid MY22.5 pricing...? What day do the rules in the FAQ even go into play?
I believe March 8th or 9th, and dealer told me yesterday that he can't even make the HOSS change until then.

broncohopeful

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

New Bronco order option opportunity!

It's called the "Bronco Crypto Punked".

It comes with a poster, hammock, calendar, and a brown paper bag to breathe into to relieve anxiety and not hyperventilate. The bag has a Bronco Crypto Punked logo printed on it. Very cool, and tasteful! "Classy" imo.

You never take delivery of an actual (physical/live in your driveway) Bronco.
Like an NFT, you can just look at a digital version.

Satisfying if you enjoy looking.

It cost $85k in Ethereum.
:unsure:

An investment? A lifestyle experience? Time will tell.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly, you are correct. I was one of those people. I possibly might switch.

Ford should have done this from the beginning though to differentiate the two models.
Let's not assume that HOSS 3.0 won't come to Badlands or something similar.

I almost chose the WildTrak and think it's plenty capable. I wanted the sway bar disconnect and the MGV, but don't think either are a bad decision.

Maybe an upgrade for Badlands will be released in the coming weeks. Either way, I'll need to upgrade that steering rack and tie rods immediately, so I'd love to just roll it into the cost of financing.

Whatever the path, this shows that Ford is listening and trying to address concerns on the fly instead of ignoring ways to improve the Bronco.

Chaos

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am also curious on what bumper this is (fully capable?) I might add this to my wild track, but I would like to know something about the bumper.
It is just the 'capable' bumper, aka the steel powder coated. The same bumper as stock on the BD and BL for 2022 and shown in the renderings for the Wildtrak but could not be added to a wildtrak. The wildtrak never should have had those silly plastic bumpers. Still has the awful plastic rear bumper with the screwed on end piece flare, but pictures of the H3.0 show the steel rear bumper.

Last edited:

Chaos

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Looks like the HOSS 3.0 package will finally get the steel rear bumper on the Wildtrak that I’ve been wanting.
And if we go by the picture, the return of body color painted handles. Hopefully this is true. I can live with the steel rear bumper for awhile, but the plastic one with those silly screw on end pieces just bothers me too much.......

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks….me too! Apparently Ford (or other forces) have locked MY22 Broncos from obtaining Sport and other capabilities thru FORscan and at least one Bronco is bricked like a jaibroke IPhone in his driveway…..or at least it was last week.
So, the only way to get BL or WT modes may be to buy it that way as the FORscan ship may have sailed….at least for now.

I would say, since other models go to great expense (Sas, V6) and effort (painting grills black, powder coating beauty rings, plasti-dipping emblems) that imitation is the most sincere form of flattery….just kidding of course, but virtually no one is painting their grill gray, their emblem silver, or beauty rings warm alloy.

Each model is designed for either a budget or a purpose and the WT is no different. The frustrating part is that Badlands elitist continually bash the WT for unknown reasons, and it gets a little old when in fact, if you have a wrench and can find the swaybar and know how to select 4L, you can make the WT very nearly as capable as the BL….especially when you add full bash plates, modular bumper, rock sliders, etc. MGV and washout floors are not a capability….they’re a convenience. Some of us prefer not sitting on hot/cold vinyl and taking a hose to our interior. Some prefer vacuuming nice carpet and hosing off our washout all weather floor mats.
And buying a BL does not make the purchaser a rock climbing monster.
I couldn’t swing a dead cat here in Cheyenne without hitting a soccer mom in a Rubicon…..so, there’s that.
If the Sasquatch option wasn’t available on all of the models, the the BL would be treated just as high and mighty as the Rubicon. Fortunately for us, that isn’t the case.

Bryced15

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
And if we go by the picture, the return of body color painted handles. Hopefully this is true. I can live with the steel rear bumper for awhile, but the plastic one with those silly screw on end pieces just bothers me too much.......
I noticed the body colored handles and gloss black mirrors too. I’m not getting my hopes up though because the interior shots show the temperature control knobs still have the digital display in the middle from MY 21. They clearly built this HOSS 3.0 prototype some time ago. I’m just hoping for the steel rear bumper
Sponsored