Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Chevy Nova SS, 2021 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would love to hear the story about how the Chinese manufactures are approaching the Bronco accessory market.

The impression I get is that Mabett is doing the initial development and then has first crack at selling but then other resellers like IAG are able to offer the same products later from the manufacturer.

Not that anyone owes me a dissertation on the business model but I am curious.
They are all coming from the same Manufacturer. None of these companies are "developing" products, just selling them, period. Yes, sometimes the wording from these sellers "sounds" like they are making the parts, but they are not, or doing any development into those parts. Actually, Mabett does not get first crack at these parts. It depends on a lot of stuff, which I won't get into. Even the other smaller companies that offer the same parts on Amazon, or wherever, they are the same parts. So, see it on wherever, buy the cheapest one, as it "IS" the same.
There are knockoffs of the original parts by other manufacturers..... those are the Junky ones. Look closely at the pics, before you buy.....
Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are all coming from the same Manufacturer. None of these companies are "developing" products, just selling them, period. Yes, sometimes the wording from these sellers "sounds" like they are making the parts, but they are not, or doing any development into those parts. Actually, Mabett does not get first crack at these parts. It depends on a lot of stuff, which I won't get into. Even the other smaller companies that offer the same parts on Amazon, or wherever, they are the same parts. So, see it on wherever, buy the cheapest one, as it "IS" the same.
There are knockoffs of the original parts by other manufacturers..... those are the Junky ones. Look closely at the pics, before you buy.....
Mabett has shared the development process with selected customers. So I do know they are developing the parts.

Remember that someone always has to create a part, sometimes that is the manufacturer (factory) and sometimes it's done by other parties (including the vendor).

And yes, Mabett appears to offer the parts I'm discussing first.

Bad_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mabett has shared the development process with selected customers. So I do know they are developing the parts.

Remember that someone always has to create a part, sometimes that is the manufacturer (factory) and sometimes it's done by other parties (including the vendor).

And yes, Mabett appears to offer the parts I'm discussing first.
The development of any part comes from many sources, and tested by many before it is produced. Since they or others do not have any machinery to "develop" these parts, Someone else is doing that.
Yes, if you know what your doing, you can suggest to the manufacturer (Factory) about a new product that you would like to see, but it is not something that can be taken lightly. The cost of making one little piece, could be thousands of $$$ just to make a jig, or a mold.
Creating a part on paper is easy, creating a part that actually works and is feasible is totally another thing. I deal with architects at work all the time, and have yet to see a single architectural drawing that stays the same as the architect wants it. The engineering has to be done, and that is where the costs come in.
So, unless these "companies" are spending thousands of dollars to "develop" parts so the manufacturers don't and they just make it for them by waving their wand, I guess your right.
and no, They do not offer the parts first in most cases, as they are tested by people on Vine, or other test companies before they hit the market, to get feedback. There name is never, ever associated on a product during that time, because they didn't make it.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The development of any part comes from many sources, and tested by many before it is produced. Since they or others do not have any machinery to "develop" these parts, Someone else is doing that.
Yes, if you know what your doing, you can suggest to the manufacturer (Factory) about a new product that you would like to see, but it is not something that can be taken lightly. The cost of making one little piece, could be thousands of $$$ just to make a jig, or a mold.
Creating a part on paper is easy, creating a part that actually works and is feasible is totally another thing. I deal with architects at work all the time, and have yet to see a single architectural drawing that stays the same as the architect wants it. The engineering has to be done, and that is where the costs come in.
So, unless these "companies" are spending thousands of dollars to "develop" parts so the manufacturers don't and they just make it for them by waving their wand, I guess your right.
and no, They do not offer the parts first in most cases, as they are tested by people on Vine, or other test companies before they hit the market, to get feedback. There name is never, ever associated on a product during that time, because they didn't make it.
And you know all about Mabett how?

AttackGuy64

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My question is, why are the slits for the wires facing the engine versus facing the fender? If you wanted a cleaner looking wiring job, I would have faced the fender so you don't have a gaggle of wires running across the top of the box looking like an afterthought. This makes my OCD act up. Sorry, cannot get behind this one.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My question is, why are the slits for the wires facing the engine versus facing the fender? If you wanted a cleaner looking wiring job, I would have faced the fender so you don't have a gaggle of wires running across the top of the box looking like an afterthought. This makes my OCD act up. Sorry, cannot get behind this one.
You could cut the notches in the back side and flip the tower lid. But I agree it would look better if the wires came out the back.

Bad_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

And you know all about Mabett how?
Maybe I know more than you think you do, just maybe, but it's not about them.....
I believe that you said, and I quote.....

"I would love to hear the story about how the Chinese manufactures are approaching the Bronco accessory market."
The main manufacturer that is making Bronco aftermarket parts also makes parts for Jeeps, Toyotas, Ford Ranger, Subaru, and others. They also make Trailer parts. No matter who's company it is, they are smart to diversify into other areas. That only makes good business sense.

"The impression I get is that Mabett is doing the initial development and then has first crack at selling but then other resellers like IAG are able to offer the same products later from the manufacturer."
Your impression..... hmmmm. You don't think this Manufacturer has a team of their own developers, and to get feedback, they reach out to their customers for input?? I for one, know this exact thing happens, as I have put input into products from this same company, and on some products that have been sold to other sellers, the changes that I (and others) have asked them to make, have made a better product for you to buy. Does that make Mabett, IAG, or dozens and dozens of other companies "developers"?? No, but, even though they sell to the same market, they still work together to make the best part at an affordable price until they sell it themselves, and then it becomes a dog versus dog world. The unfortunate part in this whole thing is that some sellers become greedy and sell for far to much $$$.
Since you already assume that "M" is the top dog, and all the others are begging for the scraps, you just keep on spending your hard earned money with them. It's too bad though, as a smart shopper once said..... " I'd rather get 4 pieces from "A" than one piece from "B" for the same price, knowing it is all the same stuff."

No harm was done to any Dogs during this episode !! ;)

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe I know more than you think you do, just maybe, but it's not about them.....
I believe that you said, and I quote.....

"I would love to hear the story about how the Chinese manufactures are approaching the Bronco accessory market."
The main manufacturer that is making Bronco aftermarket parts also makes parts for Jeeps, Toyotas, Ford Ranger, Subaru, and others. They also make Trailer parts. No matter who's company it is, they are smart to diversify into other areas. That only makes good business sense.

"The impression I get is that Mabett is doing the initial development and then has first crack at selling but then other resellers like IAG are able to offer the same products later from the manufacturer."
Your impression..... hmmmm. You don't think this Manufacturer has a team of their own developers, and to get feedback, they reach out to their customers for input?? I for one, know this exact thing happens, as I have put input into products from this same company, and on some products that have been sold to other sellers, the changes that I (and others) have asked them to make, have made a better product for you to buy. Does that make Mabett, IAG, or dozens and dozens of other companies "developers"?? No, but, even though they sell to the same market, they still work together to make the best part at an affordable price until they sell it themselves, and then it becomes a dog versus dog world. The unfortunate part in this whole thing is that some sellers become greedy and sell for far to much $$$.
Since you already assume that "M" is the top dog, and all the others are begging for the scraps, you just keep on spending your hard earned money with them. It's too bad though, as a smart shopper once said..... " I'd rather get 4 pieces from "A" than one piece from "B" for the same price, knowing it is all the same stuff."

No harm was done to any Dogs during this episode !! ;)
I think you just said what I did.

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The practice is referred to as "white labeling". Extremely common in the consumer electronics world, and I was surprised to see it in the automotive world too.
Also, very popular in the Commercial/Business software world. Write something, license it to someone else as "White Labeled". They slap their logos all over it and sell it while the original company sells it with their logos.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I really don't see how this is resisting water intrusion. There doesn't appear to be a gasket or anything preventing water from entering. I feel that would be required in that position.

Sponsored
OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I really don't see how this is resisting water intrusion. There doesn't appear to be a gasket or anything preventing water from entering. I feel that would be required in that position.
There is a rubber gasket that goes under the wire-pass thru cover.

Ford Bronco New Product Release: Fuse Box Cover with Wire Pass-Through 1703197394589

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base

Ford Bronco New Product Release: Fuse Box Cover with Wire Pass-Through 1703197394589
Ok, but I noticed in photos on your site that it assumes the wires will seal on their underside. Did you do water intrusion tests? Does that gasket seal where wires are not going through?

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Are you considering a redesign with the wires routed out the other side? I love the idea, but not having wires running towards the engine instead of toward the fender.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You know what would be better than a wire pass through with a bajillion add-a-taps?

A terminal block/fuse block to just go back to one or two add-a-taps.
Sponsored