Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco, ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Our Broncos have barely any paint in the hinges to begin with but regardless, did not damage the paint upon removal. We are planning on including some protective material to put between the new hinges and the body in order to prevent future damage should you decide to go back to stock.
After the experience I had with your soft top struts I would like to hear more about this. Without a film will this cause body damage? What kind of product testing has been done to check for potential damage?

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
have you seen the raptors support? I have, just by looking at the photos yours is much more robust! The Raptor one is thin metal covered in plastic. I wouldn’t say it offers much support.
We have our own Raptor that we use for in-house testing. I was simply using that as more of a example as it related to the spare tire mounting bolts themselves. Our tailgate support is definitely beefier than the Raptors all around.

Santos

Badlands
First Name
Santo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977F100:1970 Mustang Fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the best option that I have been looking for to date. Great looking product.

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
After the experience I had with your soft top struts I would like to hear more about this. Without a film will this cause body damage? What kind of product testing has been done to check for potential damage?
off topic, but was what damage due to the struts? Is there a thread on it?

Last edited:

Sponsored

CliffCo

Big Bend
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Iconic Silver, Big Bend Sasquatch (MIC top)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

IAG Tailgate Hinge System and Reinforcement

Strength You Can Count On

Larger wheels and tires can put additional stress on your Bronco's tailgate, especially when off-roading. Add gear storage and tables and the weight really adds up. Most other tailgate reinforcements on the market simply bolt to the rear of the tailgate and help to distribute the load of a larger wheel to the hinges. Our Tailgate Reinforcement takes that a step further. Not only are we supporting the tailgate itself to stop flexing and shaking by transferring the load into the hinges, we are completely replacing the entire OEM hinge assembly to address the next weakest point in the system. Made of solid cast aluminum, our Tailgate reinforcement is HEAVY-DUTY. The support is designed to seamlessly integrate with the vehicle's existing design, enhancing its overall aesthetic without detracting from its rugged, off-road appearance. Two threaded holes offer mounting points for jerry cans, jacks, antennas, or any number of accessories. We are shooting for a late January 2023 release date and have a target price of $599. As we usually do, the Tailgate Reinforcement with Upgraded Hinge Assembly will likely be offered at an introductory price of $499.

We would love to hear your thoughts, feedback, and questions!

DOPE

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

off topic, but was what damage due to the struts? Is there a thread on it?
some soft tops had alignment issues, so they adjusted their brackets to accommodate for additional tolerance. I still only prefer the struts for holding up the rear without a prop rod. To me putting the top down is now much more difficult and it feels like those bungee cords are not really helping.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wait, wut... Cast aluminum? Shouldn't it be Billet 7075 Aluminum for strength? ;) Also, surprised that others haven't suggested that cast iron could have been used with the steel pins... 😂

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks good. Interested for sure. Looking forward to more details as you get closer to release. Intro pricing and accessory mount options would lock in a sale with me.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wait, wut... Cast aluminum? Shouldn't it be Billet 7075 Aluminum for strength? ;) Also, surprised that others haven't suggested that cast iron could have been used with the steel pins... 😂
So if you suggest cast aluminum isn't the material of choice you get sent to PM or ignored. For many it will be perfect..... Until it isnt.

Sorry. (As the only other person questioning cast aluminum instead of asking if it can mount a flag)

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd like to see more of just the hinge assembly and comparative strength vs. OEM. I think this is the right direction as many gate reinforcements just bolt onto the stock hinges, which are as much of a weak point as the gate itself.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So if you suggest cast aluminum isn't the material of choice you get sent to PM or ignored. For many it will be perfect..... Until it isnt.

Sorry. (As the only other person questioning cast aluminum instead of asking if it can mount a flag)
I actually agree with you that cast aluminum, while perfectly fine for decorative purposes, may not be strong enough and may be too crack prone. It very much depends on what Aluminum is being cast, they are not all equal. The issue of galling could be resolved with steel inserts for the pins to ride on.

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Whatever we end up going with, whether it be a film or foam product is there to protect the tailgate should the user ever decide to go back to stock. A large area of the tailgate is covered by this system, and we are looking to prevent any potential damage during installation or from any debris getting behind it. We have been and will continue rigorous off-road testing with this product.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actually agree with you that cast aluminum, while perfectly fine for decorative purposes, may not be strong enough and may be too crack prone. It very much depends on what Aluminum is being cast, they are not all equal. The issue of galling could be resolved with steel inserts for the pins to ride on.
I am with you guys on this... I bought the Raptor hinges, and I'm thrilled that they are made out of steel and not aluminum and that they have robust pins just like the OEM hinges. I had bought the RTR set up thinking that was going to be ideal, but then after having mounted the aluminum hinges there's play in them from the factory and they use a bolt through a brass sleeve...and as a result you have to over adjust the pillar brackets underneath the tail light in order to get the tailgate high enough on the driver side to engage correctly in the latch. With the Raptor hinges or even the OEM hinges, there is no play at all...and adjusting the tailgate for even gaps all around was a breeze. The Raptor reinforcement bracket gets its strength from the dimensions (angles on top and bottom) not necessarily the materials themselves.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am with you guys on this... I bought the Raptor hinges, and I'm thrilled that they are made out of steel and not aluminum and that they have robust pins just like the OEM hinges. I had bought the RTR set up thinking that was going to be ideal, but then after having mounted the aluminum hinges there's play in them from the factory and they use a bolt through a brass sleeve...and as a result you have to over adjust the pillar brackets underneath the tail light in order to get the tailgate high enough on the driver side to engage correctly in the latch. With the Raptor hinges or even the OEM hinges, there is no play at all...and adjusting the tailgate for even gaps all around was a breeze. The Raptor reinforcement bracket gets its strength from the dimensions (angles on top and bottom) not necessarily the materials themselves.
So far I landed on this...and the accessory arm will support MFC carrier, Max Trax, Rotopax, shovel, antenna, etc. The plate is 15 pounds and the accessory arm is 5, so similar in weight to whatever else is out there.
20221207_210611.jpg
20221204_144752.jpg
Sponsored