Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

LMK how it goes - I scheduled mine for 7/19. I think I am going to call and check about making sure there is an extra windshield just in case.

Mine is fine, I am a lil nervous having them fuck with it.
me too especially with that UV coating I applied.
Sponsored

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Made my appointment today. First of September. Service rep said, we have not done one yet so I have no estimate of time to complete the recall. I will know more as we get closer to your appointment date.

And that is that, for now. Zero hesitation on their part and thankfully, they have their own body shop on premises.

Tacnav#1

Badlands
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge AWD, F-150, Dodge Challenger R/T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi all.

It looks like a new windshield recall 22C12 just dropped today (June 28th) on 2022 Broncos build between December 8th and April 12th.

Reason: "inadequate urethane adhesion" which means that the windshield could possibly come loose in the event of a crash. Affected vehicles could also experience increased wind noise or the possibility of water leaks.

This repair will require a glass shop to remove your windshield, then the body shop will have to remove old urethane, prep the surface, and apply primer to the mounting surface area of the windshield, then once cured the glass shop will have to come back and reinstall the glass.

Owner letters to be sent out in a few weeks. It is also a "stop sale" so anybody with an incoming order won't be able to take delivery until this is completed. Don't shoot the messenger.

I'd estimate that the repair will take most dealers 3 days of actual work once they have everything coordinated. This obviously does not account for the current appointment backlogs most dealers and body shops are experiencing. again, don't shoot the messenger.

(Update: I spoke to my dealer's body shop and glass shop today. The body shop didn't even want the Bronco brought to them. They have been doing these on F-150's and Mach-E's for a while now. They say that in MOST cases they don't have to do anything and that the glass shop can indeed usually handle the whole job unless they aren't able to successfully remove the urethane and prep the surface without grinding.)
Thanks for the heads up on the windshield.

Sponsored

CagyBasilisk

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 4Runner SR5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You definitely will not be allowed to take it home. I’m in the same boat (except only on hold for about 3 months). The dealership isn’t allowed to release the Broncos that have not arrived yet until AFTER they are repaired. It’s concerning b/c I’m seeing people say they’re getting late August appointments. Will ours be prioritized?
Mine got delivered literal hours before this came out. I cannot pick it up until it is done, but they put me at the front of the line. It was delivered Tuesday, and was at the body shop yesterday by noon. Barring any issues with the glass cracking I should still be able to pick up tomorrow morning.

My dealership, at least, is prioritizing vehicles that are delivered for sale before already delivered units.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

depends on if it was warrantied or not most likely. The recall will show up on OASIS, and it will stay there till the recall is done and billed and closed. You can call any dealer and ask them to run your VIN on OASIS and they can tell you.
We've tried this with other recalls (air bag recall that had them completely removed after an accident) and have had mixed results with SSSC. Since this is an adhesion between the frame and urethane my bet is they'll want it done. I agree, dealer will need to contact SSSC and let them make the call.
me too especially with that UV coating I applied.
If you have the documentation for the coating charges and the windshield does need to be replaced, dealer will have to submit this to SSSC. If they approve the additional charges they will reimburse the dealer on the parts statement then cut you a check if they aren't the ones that will be applying it to the new windshield. Just tell them up front before the repair is started. It's nearly impossible to go back and ask for additional time or $$ after the repair is done and claim paid.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We've tried this with other recalls (air bag recall that had them completely removed after an accident) and have had mixed results with SSSC. Since this is an adhesion between the frame and urethane my bet is they'll want it done. I agree, dealer will need to contact SSSC and let them make the call.

If you have the documentation for the coating charges and the windshield does need to be replaced, dealer will have to submit this to SSSC. If they approve the additional charges they will reimburse the dealer on the parts statement then cut you a check if they aren't the ones that will be applying it to the new windshield. Just tell them up front before the repair is started. It's nearly impossible to go back and ask for additional time or $$ after the repair is done and claim paid.
Awesome thanks man

jcdrico

Outer Banks
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 ford explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have not seen anything official from ford and if this a safety concern where it needs to be repaired asap.

OP
OP
SuperFord

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have not seen anything official from ford and if this a safety concern where it needs to be repaired asap.
I’m not sure I understand your question, but it is a brand new Field Service Action that was just released days ago. The “C” in 22C12 typically designates it as a “customer satisfaction” "compliance" program rather than a “S” program which would be for Safety.

but to be clear they are saying that the windshield COULD be ejected from the frame in the event of a collision! Certainly not a desirable thing!

Owner letters don’t start going out for another couple of weeks.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not sure I understand your question, but it is a brand new Field Service Action that was just released days ago. The “C” in 22C12 typically designates it as a “customer satisfaction” type of program rather than a “S” program which would be for Safety.

but to be clear they are saying that the windshield COULD be ejected from the frame in the event of a collision! Certainly not a desirable thing!

Owner letters don’t start going out for another couple of weeks.
Actually the C stands for compliance. Customer satisfaction would be B or M. Likely there have been no incidents to date, but the glue did not meet NHTSA standard when tested. Likely the supplier had to have it tested, then inform Ford it failed

xpathf1nderx

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hate to lose my windshield easter egg decal. Bummer.

Davebear13

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I went online to the Ford site and it shows this recall in my Bronco account. I did hear whistling when driving on the highway over 60. I think the driver side window was out of alignment also - I can see the space. Anyway, not looking forward to losing my Bronco for an extended period. I guess this is good news for those with windshields that are chipped and cracked.

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll wait until it needs to go back for something else, or when the windshield needs to be replaced.

Hopefully they'll replace the dipstick when they do this recall.
Sponsored

Last edited: