Sponsored

Newly Spied: 2021 Bronco in Rugged Trim!

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Serious question: what makes that setup better than what we’ve seen on the Bronco? They both have a lot of low hanging fruit, which I guess is a necessary compromise in order to achieve good shock travel without the shocks protruding into the truck bed or interior.
One thing that's better here is the shock tab only goes about as low as it needs to, on the first pic we saw of the Bronco there was some extra hardware below the shock that looked to serve no purpose. It is my hope and expectation that those bits would get cleaned up by production, since I know they at least did some testing/benchmarking of mounts and arms getting hung up on rocks. In both cases I appreciate that the shock is relatively near the tire which is much more practical than right in the middle of the axle tubes like the ZR2 or some others
Sponsored

IV.f

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JK
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Serious question: what makes that setup better than what we’ve seen on the Bronco? They both have a lot of low hanging fruit, which I guess is a necessary compromise in order to achieve good shock travel without the shocks protruding into the truck bed or interior.
The Bronco has a lower control arm that is mounted behind the axle.

in addition the LCA appear dead straight, typical that is a plus on aftermarket parts that are 10x stronger and kosher if you mount to the frame-side versus the bronco’s under mount to the frame. Just depends how strong they are because if not they will bend.

The shock, can’t fully see, but looks angled versus being vertical (think JK versus JL) — however typically with SUVs you see the shocks mounted behind the axle not in front - so brake over hitting will be bad but TBD

protruding isn’t that big of an issue... or that big of an issue (throw some rock protection on them). Just really hung up on why they would mount behind the axle.

either way it’s good, just don’t know why design two coil over axles. I prefer the F150 design.

Last edited:

IV.f

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JK
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
One thing that's better here is the shock tab only goes about as low as it needs to, on the first pic we saw of the Bronco there was some extra hardware below the shock that looked to serve no purpose. It is my hope and expectation that those bits would get cleaned up by production, since I know they at least did some testing/benchmarking of mounts and arms getting hung up on rocks. In both cases I appreciate that the shock is relatively near the tire which is much more practical than right in the middle of the axle tubes like the ZR2 or some others
concur the protruding isn’t a big deal if it’s close to the wheel - but we all know we are adding backspacing for some new wheels.

O my.. I like Chevy, owned 2 .... but their set ups in the rear need to be taken out to the pasture and shot

Sponsored

Arrowhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler, 63 F100
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Maybe it's just the angle of the photo or the road conditions - but the "rugged' version sure looks like it's riding a bit higher that the "stock" version and I don't think it's all because of tire size.

Compare the angle of of the track bars and the amount of differential cover that is exposed below the level of the track bar. Even the Lower control arms on the rugged version are angled up in the front vs parallel to the ground on the stock version.

Follow the bottom edge of the door back to the wheels, the "rugged" version sits higher on the wheels.

Looks to me like the "rugged" version has a 2" or so lift kit.

2021_Bronco_OffRoad_017.jpg

2021_FordBronco.ext11.jpg

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Maybe it's just the angle of the photo or the road conditions - but the "rugged' version sure looks like it's riding a bit higher that the "stock" version and I don't think it's all because of tire size.

Compare the angle of of the track bars and the amount of differential cover that is exposed below the level of the track bar. Even the Lower control arms on the rugged version are angled up in the front vs parallel to the ground on the stock version.

Follow the bottom edge of the door back to the wheels, the "rugged" version sits higher on the wheels.

You're right, the front and rear control arms are both at a slight angle on the 'rugged' one vs parallel on the 'stock' one. Good catch

Deleted member 2346

I thought so too but when I laid lines on it, it didn't look as different as I initially thought. Not exact angles or distance though. And the non-rugged version pics were all on uneven terrain.

Red Line: Center of hubs
Yellow line: the lower most body line

Ford Bronco Newly Spied: 2021 Bronco in Rugged Trim! 2021_Bronco_height compare

Ford Bronco Newly Spied: 2021 Bronco in Rugged Trim! 2021_Bronco_Raptor_compare

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I moved it up quite a bit. Put in what I think a rough area for the grill will be to see how much room was left over for a bumper.
Ford Bronco Newly Spied: 2021 Bronco in Rugged Trim! 2021_Bronco_Raptor_compare

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. The bumper would be a tube style bumper like on the desert bronco and would take up the space between your grille and shaded lower area. But that is what I was saying about all of that eyesore on the bottom is not part of the actual Bronco and this gives an idea of more what the "shape" will look like. That's all I was trying to say.

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure if I missed it somewhere in this thread, but I was thinking this could just be a test mule for aftermarket performance parts. If the Bronco is going to take on the Wrangler, they're going to need a ton of mod options.
Not sure what the Bronco equivalent of JEEP (Just Empty Every Pocket) would be?

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Really like what I’m seeing with the new Bronco, but it needs less doors. Here‘s my take on a 2-door.

Ford Bronco Newly Spied: 2021 Bronco in Rugged Trim! C73CBEDF-57C4-45EF-B988-8805C8006C0A
Sponsored