Sponsored

News on further order submission delays (current dealer saying so)?

Toastedtostito

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not to sure on this one as I haven't heard anything anywhere else about pushing orders back again. However, on my morning new feed it did say ford postponed production of the escape at one of its factories due to a supplier shortage of processing chips, caused by the increased purchases of consumer electronics, because of the increae of stay at home time, caused by covid. It didn't mention the bronco though. Apparently they aren't making as much money with the escape so the halted production to save chips for their F series trucks.
Sponsored

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would also like to note/recall that ford did more or less not just shut down for a bit early in the year but when they came back online started producing air pumps and other things for Hospitals. I think that gear change slowed things down a bit for sure. You have the adjustment to start producing medical things for example and then re-adjust to making automobiles.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It seems that way to you, because you are not there to see what is actually happening. You statement that they should have several companies lined up to make tops and several companies lined up to make chips is simply ridiculous. Even the Army doesn't do that. They have one manufacturer who they contract with; and when their contracted companies have issues, the soldiers have to adapt and overcome. I cannot imagine the problems Ford would have to deal with, if they had several companies contracted to build their tops. Consistent sizing and fit would be difficult to manage, and warranties across multiple top venders would be a mess.

The only thing Ford has done wrong, in my opinion, is in giving the customers too much information. Had they stayed quiet just a little longer, to allow the company to get a better handle on all the crap COVID has handed them, your panties would not be in a wad, right now.
I agree with you on the vast majority of what you said except for the part where you said the Army doesn't contract with multiple companies to purchase the same product at the same time. I will use two examples, one modern and one old. The US military has purchased M4 Carbines from both Colt and Remington at the same time I know for sure but also from Bushmaster among others. Take the Jeep for example as well. Same vehicle purchased and made from multiple manufacturers. The only difference between the Ford Jeep and the competition was the Bronco bolts we now will see again on our Broncos. The military has a very long list and history of items that were bought at the same time through different companies and it still happens quite frequently.

Sponsored

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Honestly they have 90 days to play with regarding orders as Job 1 isn’t tentatively scheduled until May 3rd. So nothing order wise was going to matter between 1/19 and 3/19 anyway.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Just got this email from my current dealer today:

I talked with my new inventory management. At this point we don't know exactly when we will be able to place Bronco orders. While we were originally told that the 19th was when we could start ordering them, my manager was talking with Ford, and they said it is now looking like it is going to be closer to summer before we can order them.

Wow! I hope this isn’t true. I’m not trying to start an ugly rumor, just looking to see if anyone else has heard about further potential delays. Things seems to be progressing on bronco nation, so this was a bit of a shock to me.
This would not surprise me, since there have been rumors of supply chain issues in the news affecting other car manufactures over the last 2 weeks.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just got this email from my current dealer today:

I talked with my new inventory management. At this point we don't know exactly when we will be able to place Bronco orders. While we were originally told that the 19th was when we could start ordering them, my manager was talking with Ford, and they said it is now looking like it is going to be closer to summer before we can order them.

Wow! I hope this isn’t true. I’m not trying to start an ugly rumor, just looking to see if anyone else has heard about further potential delays. Things seems to be progressing on bronco nation, so this was a bit of a shock to me.
If ordering Gets pushed to summer than I beleave we will all get my 22 there will be no 21 ano we will have all the options to pick from. I beleave 2021 model year is going to be scraped didn’t Levine post a couple weeks ago he has some sad news or something

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If ordering Gets pushed to summer than I beleave we will all get my 22 there will be no 21 ano we will have all the options to pick from. I beleave 2021 model year is going to be scraped didn’t Levine post a couple weeks ago he has some sad news or something
That was not Bronco related.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree with you on the vast majority of what you said except for the part where you said the Army doesn't contract with multiple companies to purchase the same product at the same time. I will use two examples, one modern and one old. The US military has purchased M4 Carbines from both Colt and Remington at the same time I know for sure but also from Bushmaster among others. Take the Jeep for example as well. Same vehicle purchased and made from multiple manufacturers. The only difference between the Ford Jeep and the competition was the Bronco bolts we now will see again on our Broncos. The military has a very long list and history of items that were bought at the same time through different companies and it still happens quite frequently.

When was the last time the Army turned a profit?

zrizik99

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2016
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco News on further order submission delays (current dealer saying so)? IMG_20210112_214945

You gotta be kidding me. ?‍♂
Sponsored