Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

To help people understand these numbers.

28% of those orders in the system are for Two Door models.
17% of that 28% can not be completed due to constraints.
That's not correct.
220bx had it right.
They can't build the 28%, but they can build 17%.
17% is 60.7% of 28%.
You can say Ford can build 60.7% of the 2 door orders, or you can say they can't build 39.3% of them.

I put that spreadsheet together but didn't have a figure for the current 2 door orders, so I used the 28% figure reported in Sept 2021.
Sponsored

TheSSBoz

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm excited to find out the exact details....😅

Anytime you try to change an existing order with PP it seems you lose pricing protection...ie: changing lux to high....(Those are in the rules created by Ford regarding current PP)

So if we lose pricing protection to make their desired change and they only give us 2500 back in return....it's a lose lose for the customer....

Now if you keep my current PP in place and give me another 2500...with the losses in function it's still a lose lose price/product wise.

And now the only current (and constant over 2 years) "incentive" play by ford is for the customer with reservations or PP to take the lesser pile or potentially get nothing and like it....gee thanks.

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Going to have a 4 - 6 week build-a-rama this spring or summer for the constraints lotto winners and an elimination derby for the loser's. All or nothing - I'm Ok with this and ready for it to all come to a conclusion.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'm excited to find out the exact details....😅

Anytime you try to change an existing order with PP it seems you lose pricing protection...ie: changing lux to high....(Those are in the rules created by Ford regarding current PP)

So if we lose pricing protection to make their desired change and they only give us 2500 back in return....it's a lose lose for the customer....

Now if you keep my current PP in place and give me another 2500...with the losses in function it's still a lose lose price/product wise.

And now the only current (and constant over 2 years) "incentive" play by ford is for the customer with reservations or PP to take the lesser pile or potentially get nothing and like it....gee thanks.
No, current '23 PP is tied to the trim you had on order on a particular date. For '23 orders you had the option of switching trims without penalty so my take is if you drop WT to a lower trim for a $2500 incentive you should get both.

Alex Sector

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, current '23 PP is tied to the trim you had on order on a particular date. For '23 orders you had the option of switching trims without penalty so my take is if you drop WT to a lower trim for a $2500 incentive you should get both.
I went to my dealer yesterday and tried to change from High to LUX. Dealer told me I would lose PP.

Sponsored

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven’t invested this much time and energy in something with zero return since chattin’ up Jennifer in middle school.
Yep. Never have I worked so hard and for so long to give someone $50K. It's peak insanity. And execs at FORD are sitting with their feet up and reading the morning paper here on Sunday morning.

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I called Ford Customer Service and they were able to give me the code for my price protection and the total value of the certificate. The rep I spoke to (Walter) also said that if the dealer told me something different at purchase to call them back at that number with the dealer present. The Ford rep also told me that it takes 60 days to get the money so some dealers are willing to reduce the vehicals price by the amount of the PP certificate and wait the 60 days for the check to arrive and that some will not do that and charge the customer the current full price and make the customer wait the 60 days for the check from Ford to reimburse them.
1-800-334-4375
Does this mean if I find my truck on a lot this week, I can pull this pricing offer and use it?

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Going to have a 4 - 6 week build-a-rama this spring or summer for the constraints lotto winners and an elimination derby for the loser's. All or nothing - I'm Ok with this and ready for it to all come to a conclusion.
Well, if the build in your signature is any indication you are relatively safe. At 900+ days waiting and the fact that they already built my truck 100s of time over, this is not ok.

tater_70

Wildtrak
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Fairlane, 1973 Bronco, 75 F-100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I haven't been waiting as long as some, ordered 10/21, Wildtrac with all the deadly sins. I can probably give up the modular bumper, towing, and possibly the Lux, but that's it. Got to be a two door.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Alex Sector

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ellis Family Garage

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands, '06 F150 FX4, '95 Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At this point if I get my Bronco great. If I don't, it's really no skin off my back. I already decided that Ford Motor Company won't be getting any more of my business after this fiasco anyway.

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Does this mean if I find my truck on a lot this week, I can pull this pricing offer and use it?
I believe you could from statements many members here and elsewhere have made. The selling dealer just needs to be willing to do the paperwork.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know 170000 orders is a lot to take charge of but in today's world, computers make sorting these things out fairly easy especially for a company as big as Ford. If they had built all build able orders and kept order banks off, we still wouldn't have day one reservation holders waiting to be scheduled. FFS Ford. But hey! Look! Heritage model!!!
Never understood why Ford delayed opening the order bank back in December 2020 and then let it roll along well into 2021. They could have had a fair idea of commodity trends at the start of 2021.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.