BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would wait until MY22 scheduling is complete before you make a decision. If you don't get scheduled then the dealer can't deliver on their end of the deal so they would need to refund your deposit. If you do get scheduled, well, we can discuss other options at that point.

My buddy at the dealership told me if the customer doesn't buy the vehicle, they send it to another dealership. They had two cars on his lot that Ford them because customers backed out at other dealerships.
That makes no sense. If a customer back out, the allocation belongs to the original dealer and that is who keeps the Bronco (to most likely sell at a premium). The only way they are sending it to another dealer is if the two dealerships agree to horse trade another in-demand vehicle or the other dealer buys it at auction.
Sponsored

OP
OP

daymoon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
always put the deposit on a CC. Asked nicely for it back then if they say no, then do a charge back and your credit card company will refund you the amount and then they will deal with the dealership. Of course, this is assuming you did not sign a contract that specifically says the deposit is non refundable.

BTW .. the initial reservation deposit required from Ford is refundable.
Did use CC, the agreement was a hand written statement ā€˜nonrefundable restocking fee 500ā€™ scribbled next to the down payment box on the sheet which also had 500 towards the purchase of the truck. I simply put my initials next to the agreement, no other stipulations.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
First time for everything right? Never been to a dealer for purchasing a car before, all have been used with cash. Lesson learned at the end of the day, but if Iā€™m polite it might go my way.
Live and learn, Bees like honey not vinegar. If theyā€™re decent theyā€™ll understand and give it back. Go to the dealership and ask in person, itā€™s a little harder to look someone in the eyes and tell them to F off. Hope it works out for you.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel confident that when Iā€™m due to being pushed back to the 23ā€™ model year that I can request the refund no hassle as the sales sheet has me signing for a sale of a 22.
That's where I weigh in on this also, the order will self cancel pretty soon.
Then what leg will they have to stand on?

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did use CC, the agreement was a hand written statement ā€˜nonrefundable restocking fee 500ā€™ scribbled next to the down payment box on the sheet which also had 500 towards the purchase of the truck. I simply put my initials next to the agreement, no other stipulations.
Many states do not allow dealers to require non-refundable "deposits", they skirt this by not calling it a deposit. Some, like your dealership use other terms to get around it (re-stocking fee, down payment, etc.).

I would check with them, most likely they will let you back out of it due to the length of time and also knowing that they will be able to easily sell the Bronco for probably more than you are paying for it. I doubt they will try to keep the "restocking fee".

Sponsored

Alex Sector

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I were in your shoes I would have not given them a $500 nonrefundable re-stocking fee.

The mere mention of this at the beginning would have me looking elsewhere. That talk is BS. I read these types of threads and I am amazed at how people subject themselves to the abuse of dealers.

Good luck.
Two years ago I would agree. It doesn't bother me now. It would prevent people placing multiple orders if they had to put down $2,500 each time.

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That makes no sense. If a customer back out, the allocation belongs to the original dealer and that is who keeps the Bronco (to most likely sell at a premium). The only way they are sending it to another dealer is if the two dealerships agree to horse trade another in-demand vehicle or the other dealer buys it at auction.
Itā€™s how Ford is trying to keep dealerships who are making ā€œFalse customer ordersā€ then ADM on the lot. Also they are taking away their allocations for the next year based on their percentage of customer name match to order.
Quick, long story. Customer (really Old man) orders Bronco for daughter. He gets build date, then before Bronco is built he sadly passes away. The daughter still wants the dadā€™s gifted Bronco. Ford is punishing the dealership for not selling it to ā€œOriginal Ordered Customerā€. Totally true story. Ford also screws the dealership too.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealership would be crazy not to just refund that deposit. The negative impact that can have isn't worth it, plus they can easily make it up when they sell your abandoned reservation.

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Go to your dealer and talk to the General Manager, not the sales manager or the sales consultant. Remind him that Ford will ā€œdingā€ them for selling the Bronco to someone else without an order/buyer name match. Also remind him that he is going to sell the car at a $8,000 to $20,000 mark-up. Offer him a letter from you and signed by you, stating that you no longer can afford (or want) the vehicle. Offer him the letter in exchange for your deposit back.
ford doesnt care about a letter. they are dealing with 100s of thousands of cars and orders, they arent going in and moderating the list. they set the threshold at 70% or 50% or whatever it is now, because they knew there would be some abandoned orders.

Dealers just looking to make a few extra bucks on top of the ADM they'll put on it when it becomes a stock order.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ford doesnt care about a letter. they are dealing with 100s of thousands of cars and orders, they arent going in and moderating the list. they set the threshold at 70% or 50% or whatever it is now, because they knew there would be some abandoned orders.

Dealers just looking to make a few extra bucks on top of the ADM they'll put on it when it becomes a stock order.
A dealer/email screwup resulted in my ordering two identical Badlands 2.7L, SAS, MICā€¦. on October 10.

I did not want a second identical Bronco nor did I want to screw with flipping it. I offered the GM at the dealership a letter indicating I no longer wanted the Bronco due to economic conditions. In return (15 minutes later) they offered me $2,000 off MSRP for the letterā€¦ā€¦

They sold the second Bronce (my Sistership) for $8,000 ADM. It sold instantly.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Itā€™s how Ford is trying to keep dealerships who are making ā€œFalse customer ordersā€ then ADM on the lot. Also they are taking away their allocations for the next year based on their percentage of customer name match to order.
Yes, Ford is watching the name match percentage but it is based on a 3 month rolling average, first percentage violation is a warning, second is forfeiture of one month of allocations. Only way it effects next year is if all of this years allocations have been distributed. Redirecting unsold Broncos is not one of Fords deterrents.

Also, in your "totally true story" the dealerships' rep could have easily stepped in and rectified the situation so the sale didn't count against the dealer. But wait, how was the daughter able to buy the Bronco if Ford is redirecting abandoned ordered to other dealerships??

That's because they are not. An abandoned order is for the dealer to sell off the lot. Ford isn't going to send a flatbed over and redirect it to another dealership if the original buyer changes their mind. Our group has had a few abandoned orders, every single one was sold off the lot by the dealer and not redirected to another dealership.

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, Ford is watching the name match percentage but it is based on a 3 month rolling average, first percentage violation is a warning, second is forfeiture of one month of allocations. Only way it effects next year is if all of this years allocations have been distributed. Redirecting unsold Broncos is not one of Fords deterrents.

Also, in your "totally true story" the dealerships' rep could have easily stepped in and rectified the situation so the sale didn't count against the dealer. But wait, how was the daughter able to buy the Bronco if Ford is redirecting abandoned ordered to other dealerships??

That's because they are not. An abandoned order is for the dealer to sell off the lot. Ford isn't going to send a flatbed over and redirect it to another dealership if the original buyer changes their mind. Our group has had a few abandoned orders, every single one was sold off the lot by the dealer and not redirected to another dealership.
Settle down, the story is true and my info comes from a trusted source. They received two vehicles from another dealership, maybe it was from them losing allocations. I donā€™t know. Iā€™m glad you are here to set us all straight. Should I send you a DM before I post some info from someone I trust? You know, just to make sure???? šŸ˜
Sponsored