Sponsored

Off-Road Driving School That Allows Using Own Vehicle?

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

“Left foot braking for off-roading”....

Here’s a scenario where left foot braking is vital: say you are going up a steep incline and have to stop for some reason, and you use your driving/right foot to apply the brake and come to a standstill, now if you want to proceed moving up again you will have to take your right foot off the brake pedal to the gas pedal and in that split second your vehicle will slide backwards and as you now get on the accelerator you will likely overdo it and unsettle the car and spin the wheels or lose the line you want to follow etc. Had you used the left foot for braking you would have just gently got on the gas and let off the pressure on the brakes for a smooth move forward.
Just go get your forklift license. You can get a lesson in left foot braking and a job.
Sponsored

NateL

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F250 2014 Ford Escape 1947 Ford PU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s not a class, but there’s an over landing group/guide I believe in ME. I was watching their videos; seems like a great time. They do a mix of easy to moderate trails. With some experienced ppl there, I’m sure you’ll be able to learn on the fly. I myself wouldn’t mind a course or going with more experienced ppl. I haven’t off-roaded since I was a teen. Even then wasn’t anything extreme.

lsustang05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor SuperCab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So in a manual I am screwed?!??
Depends on if they have the pull handle e-brake or not. Then you release the e-brake as you start to release the clutch and get the same effect.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Depends on if they have the pull handle e-brake or not. Then you release the e-brake as you start to release the clutch and get the same effect.
Yea I was thinking that. Hopefully they have brake handle as that also helps when driving up hilly roads too from a stop

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Here’s a scenario where left foot braking is vital: say you are going up a steep incline and have to stop for some reason, and you use your driving/right foot to apply the brake and come to a standstill, now if you want to proceed moving up again you will have to take your right foot off the brake pedal to the gas pedal and in that split second your vehicle will slide backwards and as you now get on the accelerator you will likely overdo it and unsettle the car and spin the wheels or lose the line you want to follow etc. Had you used the left foot for braking you would have just gently got on the gas and let off the pressure on the brakes for a smooth move forward.
What caught my eye was the “Trail One-Pedal Driving” option when you buy the automatic. (Please see my other thread.)

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Isn't Ford offering to send people w/21's to Offroad school, you just take care of lodging and food

D190065

First Edition
First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco FE; 2015 HD RGS; 23 F150 Tremor ordered
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I always drive with two feet (w/ automatic). Anybody that drives with me thinks I'm crazy and I always tell them you have better control of your vehicle. I'm looking forward to Trail one-pedal driving.

Sponsored
OP
OP

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I suggest going to one of the Rodeo's, you'll have a free ticket. This should get you a good understanding of how the vehicle reacts in a controlled & supported environment & should help you build confidence & skills related to your vehicle.
I agree, Ford Bronco Off-Roadeo is definitely my first choice. Please keep in mind, the free admission invitation is going out to all who buy either a Bronco or a Bronco Sport. Bronco Sports start delivery in December. What are the chances the Off-Roadeo will be overbooked with long wait times to attend. I would lay money on that bet! I seek alternatives as my Plan B.