DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven’t dropped my doors but I can see how it could happen pretty easily. They are simple to take off but I found them to be a bit of a PITA to put back on, aligning hinges even with the helper pin. I was less worried about dropping than chipping the paint hitting the door into the frame even with the protector. Was thinking some extra masking tape on edges next time and I like the idea of working over a small foam mattress or something. Doors aren’t heavy, but cumbersome
Sponsored

RDS12

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven’t dropped my doors but I can see how it could happen pretty easily. They are simple to take off but I found them to be a bit of a PITA to put back on, aligning hinges even with the helper pin. I was less worried about dropping than chipping the paint hitting the door into the frame even with the protector. Was thinking some extra masking tape on edges next time and I like the idea of working over a small foam mattress or something. Doors aren’t heavy, but cumbersome
I plan to buy cheap rubber tubing and split it open and put it down the entire of the door instead of just the small protectors. Much easier/quicker than masking tape and reusable.

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
That sucks, one of the reasons why I won't be in a hurry to remove the doors.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve seen them in a few deliveries along with the roof top piece bags. Believe they were included on some trims and packages but definitely an accessory for the 22MY
No door bags are a factory option on four doors to store the doors on the vehicle.

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So…serious question…take me through the mechanics of how doors are being dropped? Doesn’t make much sense to me so trying to figure out where in the process this is happening? Door heavier than people think? Not putting it on right? Trying to figure out how you drop a door. Not being smart, I’m really curious….
So - the reason I dropped my drivers rear door was because the zipper on the Ford Bag backed out! I took the doors off no problem, put the Ford bags on them and laid them up against the wall in my dining room. When picking up the drivers rear door, the zipper backed out, leaving the door handle in one hand and the bag in the other hand, and a door on my dining room floor.

Imagine cracking an egg, you have the two halves of the shell, and the egg that is in the pan, the bag separated like that.

Only saving grace is that it fell on the carpet, but it's concrete underneath, so I got a bend in the door and the paint cracked, but no scratches or scrapes. I was able to bend it back somewhat into place with some pliers, and I put a little touch up paint over the crack. Still really annoying that it happened when I took so much care taking them off.

Freak accident. I put the door bags on, took the doors off over my lawn, rested the door bags on the dining room floor, against the wall. All the things I 'thought' I needed to take care of. Didn't plan for the zipper to back out on the door bag. SURPRISE!

Ford Bronco OMG! Dropped my door reinstalling after removal! Damage photos IMG_4199

Sponsored

RDS12

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So - the reason I dropped my drivers rear door was because the zipper on the Ford Bag backed out! I took the doors off no problem, put the Ford bags on them and laid them up against the wall in my dining room. When picking up the drivers rear door, the zipper backed out, leaving the door handle in one hand and the bag in the other hand, and a door on my dining room floor.

Imagine cracking an egg, you have the two halves of the shell, and the egg that is in the pan, the bag separated like that.

Only saving grace is that it fell on the carpet, but it's concrete underneath, so I got a bend in the door and the paint cracked, but no scratches or scrapes. I was able to bend it back somewhat into place with some pliers, and I put a little touch up paint over the crack. Still really annoying that it happened when I took so much care taking them off.

Freak accident. I put the door bags on, took the doors off over my lawn, rested the door bags on the dining room floor, against the wall. All the things I 'thought' I needed to take care of. Didn't plan for the zipper to back out on the door bag. SURPRISE!

Ford Bronco OMG! Dropped my door reinstalling after removal! Damage photos IMG_4199
So would you recommend removing them from the bags when installing? I bought the bags....

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So would you recommend removing them from the bags when installing? I bought the bags....
I probably will do in the future, to make sure it doesn't happen again. I'm not going to say it's a recommendation, but it's probably what I'll do. The pain is real! Still kicking myself over it.

Angry_Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2015 Fusion (RIP)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, Homie don't play the door dropping game. I am happy just taking the sides and back off to take the top all that way back. I have no desire to take the doors off. I saw the Ford team demo the Bronco around Detroit 2 years ago now and even these guys looked awkward taking the doors off.

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Use some sheet metal vise grips to bend the bottom corner back straight, and then rattle can some body color tinted bedliner from the body line break on the door, down to the pinch seam. The bedliner spray will protect the bottom of the rocker up to the bottom of the door from future scuffs and rock dings.

Ford Bronco OMG! Dropped my door reinstalling after removal! Damage photos 1655128800730

Ecobeast

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Use some sheet metal vise grips to bend the bottom corner back straight, and then rattle can some body color tinted bedliner from the body line break on the door, down to the pinch seam. The bedliner spray will protect the bottom of the rocker up to the bottom of the door from future scuffs and rock dings.

Ford Bronco OMG! Dropped my door reinstalling after removal! Damage photos 1655128800730
Not sure how well this will work with aluminum. Probably best to heat the panel to the correct temp before bending it back.

Sponsored

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Are rubber feet available for the doors?

broncohopeful

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This sucks!
Obviously

aframe009

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2021 Bronco tool kit included from factory 7.jpg

The guide pin is metal... so a 'wood guide pin' is either homemade... or another early Ford botch-up... lol
Mine is wood or some sort of composite material. I've used it quite a bit works well. They must have switched to metal for MY22 because lumber was too high lol.

Last edited: