Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tighten the bolts as you open and close them. The bolts have to be pretty tight for it to work normally.
Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks fellas. Gonna try these ideas when I get a chance
Basically need to put them on at almost 90° angle to the truck. If you notice the shape of the top hinge on the door and then again on the truck you will see that there is only one angle it can seat correctly and that, again is almost a 99° angle.

OP
OP
Rhino67

Rhino67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, pathfinder, altima (miss my F150)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Probably the door was not fully open when removed. It gets easier the more you do it, but there is a definite technique to this. 1st put the bolts where you can reach them while holding the door with your outside hand on the door handle. the floor close to the jamb works best for me, but I can reach them on the seat as well. Now w/both hands on the door get it onto the guide pin in the lower hinge as best you can. Very carefully use your inside hand to grab the long bolt for the upper and try to start it loosely in the upper hinge threads. If you cant it's because you are tilting the door...even if it's clocked wrong the upper long bolt will start. Get it started a couple of turns, then rest a sec...it can't fall off if that bolt is started and the guide pin is in the lower hole. Now gently move the door open/closed while lifting and lowering it. SHHHHKUNK it should fall into place. If it doesn't make any noise, but you think it dropped in, the lower guide pin will be able to be unthreaded by hand. If the guide pin is hard to turn, you don't have it yet, keep working on it.
I think this is my problem as I originally removed the doors in my garage not open all the most likely. I tried putting the bolt in to see if it would allow the door detent to be reset to all the way to open but it didn't seem to work. I think this is my issue. Wonder if there is a way to get the door clock springs to be set to open all the way manually with the door off? I appreciate all the advise in here. I'm at work for the next two days so I have some time to come up with an idea hopefully lol.

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reading through this thread after I have just spent the last hour not being able to get my doors back on.
Every time I get them on it’s that damn clicking sound letting me know I didn’t do it correctly.
Chipped the paint on the front drivers door. Gave up on it went to the rear door. Same result.
I’m about to lose my shit

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Reading through this thread after I have just spent the last hour not being able to get my doors back on.
Every time I get them on it’s that damn clicking sound letting me know I didn’t do it correctly.
Chipped the paint on the front drivers door. Gave up on it went to the rear door. Same result.
You put bolt in b4 seeing if they click correct? Cuz they click every time without bolt. Just making sure cuz I forget basics when pissed

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The clicking just means you don't have the top bolt tight enough. Tighten the bolt and the clicking should go away.

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You put bolt in b4 seeing if they click correct? Cuz they click every time without bolt. Just making sure cuz I forget basics when pissed
Holy F@$!
I’m an idiot.
Wow do I feel stupid.
Well thats why I come here to ask.
Thanks for this!
😂
Have to laugh at my stupidity sometimes

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you hear the clicking noise, it just means you need to tighten the 2 bolts more in my experience usually the top one

BroncoTrail

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those of you who are putting your doors back on for the first time, I just want to confirm what others have said in this thread.

If you put your doors back on and close/open them without tightening the bolts, you will hear a clicking noise even if you've put them back on correctly. You need to tighten the bolts first and the clicking noise will go away, if they're on right.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For those of you who are putting your doors back on for the first time, I just want to confirm what others have said in this thread.

If you put your doors back on and close/open them without tightening the bolts, you will hear a clicking noise even if you've put them back on correctly. You need to tighten the bolts first and the clicking noise will go away, if they're on right.
Correct...1st time I out them on I thought I got the angle wrong or something and had over extended the hinge. Just had to tighten the upper bokt snug and it went away.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Also be sure the hinges are fully seated before releasing the door or youll be dealing with this

door1.jpeg
Sponsored