Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 XC90; '14 Tundra; '71 Chevelle; '37 Tudor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nice! We're in the process of doing the same with our APEX reel and will likely be offering a bolt in mount for these if there is enough interest from other Bronco owners.
Count me in for
Got my Apex mini reel mounted. Decided to put it driver side, and it fits nicely behind the speaker enclosure.

Using the twin ARB compressor under the hood with the additional pressure kit. (So it stops inflating at the pressure I set on my phone). Wired it to the overhead switches. All pretty straight forward for an install, but it did take me a bit of time.

IMG_2657 (1).jpeg
thanks for posting justjoe. I’ve been considering doing the same going from the sdhq under hood, through an aluminum tank, then the pressure control unit, and to the hose reel in the same place. I am interested in the route you ran the hose through or under the bronco and up through the cargo area. Look forward to hearing more and more pics. Nice work.
the bracket

PolarMind

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 & 1997 Land Cruisers
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the write up. I’m very interested in this setup as well.

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

FIRETRUCK Vibes... It would be nice to find a place under the truck for this so its not a "feature"

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks great, good luck on not having to open the hood. In the summer airing up mine and a buddies rig the ARB twin cut out because of heat, I had to open the hood to cool it down. Even though my connection is outside near my winch, I still open the hood while airing up in the summer.

Sponsored

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Badlands Sasquatch Hardtop 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want to keep it clean and simple.

I can see the allure to having four hoses going at her all at one time. Getting filled from multiple directions… I’m not sure how I would set something like that up.
https://morrflate.com/shop/morrflate-multi-tire-air-kits/morrflate-quad-4-tire-air-kit/

Mine isn’t as fancy as this, I think the guy who built mine might have invented them, it was that long ago. Now everyone is building a version, including Apex. You just snap them on the valve stems, plug it into your air hose/compressor, and viola:). I like it because I can let them fill while I do other things. Especially if your pump has auto shut off.

SeptuagenarianSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very impressive!
When I was young, I bragged about acceleration and top (passing) speeds. Now I brag about how fast I can air-up.
;)

OP
OP
Justjoe

Justjoe

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple planes, a couple bikes, a couple cars
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nice!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Justjoe

Justjoe

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes. Fits nicely behind the glass on my hard top.

OP
OP
Justjoe

Justjoe

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco Onboard air installed: ARB compressor + Apex mini reel mounted IMG_2660

OP
OP
Justjoe

Justjoe

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco Onboard air installed: ARB compressor + Apex mini reel mounted IMG_2659

OP
OP
Justjoe

Justjoe

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
To plumb it, I used 16 feet of hose (from Apex), two 90 degree npt street angles in steel from Hydraulics Direct. The hose goes from the compressor baffle across to firewall to the driver side. Through the factory grommet below the upfitter wires, beneath the door sill and exits where the wiper and washer fittings come up along the “roll cage”.

It’s wired with the compressor switch and pressure control module into the #6 overhead switch (the yellow and orange I think).

Tips and tricks: remove most of the wheel well liner to put the compressor in. It’s a tight fit, and takes some time and effort. When you drill the roll cage, use a carbide drill bit and a slow rotation speed. If you rush it, you’ll just dull your bit.

Last edited:

Texasgrillchef

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, Harley Trike, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got my Apex mini reel mounted. Decided to put it driver side, and it fits nicely behind the speaker enclosure.

Using the twin ARB compressor under the hood with the additional pressure kit. (So it stops inflating at the pressure I set on my phone). Wired it to the overhead switches. All pretty straight forward for an install, but it did take me a bit of time.

IMG_2657 (1).jpeg
can the hose and Reel handle 250psi.?

I love it though! I want one!

why?

Because I use a 15lb co2 tank. To me much better then a compressor.

I can air up tires four times faster.

i can pop tires back onto the rim without removing the tire, or use dangerous “fire” methods to do so.

i can also run air tools as well.

15lb tank easily handles a week wheelin, including the use of air tools.

i do have a back up compressor. I also carry a spare 15lb tank in my trailer. As well as for long trips I even have an addition 20lb tank I can carry in my trailer.

i refill my own tanks at home with two 50lb tanks with siphon tubes.

i get the 50lb tanks exchanged for $45 each and they deliver.
Sponsored

Last edited: