Order Transfers are now 'Courtesy Deliveries'

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was told yesterday by Ford Customer Service that order transfers would take 3-4 months to process.....
Love to believe. I have to remember what has happened to our supply lines. I blame globalization, seemed like a neat idea logistically, but, now, not so much.
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Also worth noting that his old dealer worked with him to transfer the reservation... I assume that would help the situation substantially??

I'm not sure how it all works. Hopefully one of the dealer reps actually jump on and inform us. I just assumed it was easy to switch dealers before the 2022 orders were finalized, because... well... my cousin had no problems and that's what Ford said publicly. But I guess I should stop trusting Ford's word at this point.

To be honest I am 100% happy with my dealer, and I couldn't ask for a better a situation. Sure I wish I could get my Bronco faster, but I understand the unique situation we're in right now.

But this whole reservation system is messed up. If Ford is going to do this system and then take years to deliver a vehicle, they need to make it painless to switch dealers at will--or a least make it possible to switch dealers every 3 months or so. Situations change, people move, dealers who weren't charging ADMs before are suddenly charging ADMs now. It's a mess.

Truthfully I don't know if there are greener pastures elsewhere or not, it just seems like the situation is messed up across the board. I got a old high school buddy who was looking to buy the 2022 Tundra, was told MSRP back in September. Goes it to finalize his order last week and now he's being told a 9-10 month wait and the dealership refused to agree on pricing up front.

It's just gross all around.

I'm happy with my dealer as well. For me, other than the long, frustrating wait, it turned out. I'm not happy about the whole process and what is happening to many people though. It is not OK. I get it that Ford is a faceless corporation in business to make money, but they sure have a strange way of going about it. They have assured themselves of no repeat business from me and I would guess many others. Ford is most certainly allowing this shit show to happen and go on. We've bought another new vehicle since buying the Bronco and there was only one brand we refused to consider. It will remain that way in my household.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Truthfully I don't know if there are greener pastures elsewhere or not, it just seems like the situation is messed up across the board. I got a old high school buddy who was looking to buy the 2022 Tundra, was told MSRP back in September. Goes it to finalize his order last week and now he's being told a 9-10 month wait and the dealership refused to agree on pricing up front.

It's just gross all around.
Both supply chains and the value of money are getting jerked all over the place -- my local supermarket is suddenly low on meat again.

But there have been many unforced errors in this reservation system. I feel like many of them could have been avoided if there was a single person at Ford looking at this through the POV of the reservation holder. I work at a big company with many consumers (and our own supply chain problems), and to me the lack of care that has gone into the design and operation of this system is absolutely shocking.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Someshoes was trying to transfer because of moving halfway across the country, and Ford denied the transfer.
I know that any dealer can work the deal, then drop ship the bronco to that customers local dealer straight from MAP, so it's always puzzled me why Ford would grant that kind of transfer to another dealer. I'm know a salesman at a dealer in Michigan and he said he's done that a dozen times in the last three months.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was informed today that Ford has cleverly disguised transfer requests as courtesy deliveries. This means our orders are still affected by the ordering dealerships allocation. I have had my transfer request in since Oct. 15th with zero communication from Ford. I have called several times with no new information. This is just another lie from Ford about the ability to transfer orders.

Such a classless move by Ford, but that has been the narrative with this vehicle rollout.
Who said orders can be transferred? I was told from the start reservations can be transferred but not orders. I was a Granger order holder and was in this situation. The only way to transfer is to cancel and place a new order from scratch. Believe me I must have called at least 10 times to get my order transferred, and the answer was always the same -- orders cannot be transferred. Of course allocation applies to your purchasing dealer if this is some kind of shipping arrangement.

Sponsored

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
What’s weird, I transferred an unconverted Lightning reservation in about 15 minutes. My unconverted Bronco reservation is a much different story. It has not been moved, because of the weirdness.
This is about an order, not reservation. I had an unconverted reservation transferred no problem, did it all online.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Oh man I’ve got a few dealers I’d love to deliver my Granger Bronco too. 😂

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
My sentiments exactly - except for the fact that I'm still waiting on my Bronco since Ford changed their allocation formula.
I have no idea how the allocation system works.
I do know I was the first Bronco order with my dealer, I was offered to change my order and get a Bronco this last July, a 4 door soft top, I have a 2 door hard top on order.
I passed, I want a 2 door.
So now my dealer has sold 4-4 door soft tops.
His allocation was 3, so where do I now fit in?

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is about an order, not reservation. I had an unconverted reservation transferred no problem, did it all online.
You cannot transfer an order. An order is at a particular dealer. I don’t know why anyone thinks they can transfer an order.

OP
OP
72F262

72F262

Big Bend
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BB 2D, '18 GT350, '72 F250 2wd, '72 Mach 1 CJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Who said orders can be transferred? I was told from the start reservations can be transferred but not orders. I was a Granger order holder and was in this situation. The only way to transfer is to cancel and place a new order from scratch. Believe me I must have called at least 10 times to get my order transferred, and the answer was always the same -- orders cannot be transferred. Of course allocation applies to your purchasing dealer if this is some kind of shipping arrangement.
Ford Marketing / Ford Customer Relationship Center

Also reported here with quotes from a Ford spokesman:

https://www.thedrive.com/news/42716/some-ford-bronco-reservations-could-be-delayed-for-years

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
72F262

72F262

Big Bend
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BB 2D, '18 GT350, '72 F250 2wd, '72 Mach 1 CJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I know that there was a period of time after they made 2021 order void and before the 2022 orders were finalized where you could actually legitimately change dealers.

But for those who have already finalized their 2022 order... I wonder if those are the "courtesy deliveries". Or maybe the customer service representative was just mistaken? Seems fishy, because usually in order to do a courtesy delivery the receiving dealership has to agree to that since they are effectively doing work on behalf of another dealership.

I'm skeptical, honestly. Not sure if you got valid information.
^^^^ What Bryan said. And, I don't know of any dealer that does except a courtesy delivery that doesn't charge the buyer a fee for the PDI. Most times those fees hover around 350 bucks. Sounds like another bullshit move from Ford.

Farmerjim47933

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
^^^^ What Bryan said. And, I don't know of any dealer that does except a courtesy delivery that doesn't charge the buyer a fee for the PDI. Most times those fees hover around 350 bucks. Sounds like another bullshit move from Ford.

so which dealer can charge 20, 000 over msrp in the transactions

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A courtesy delivery requires that both dealers work together and both agree to the delivery. I had my Raptor done on a courtesy delivery. The selling dealer contacted my requested courtesy dealer. I paid a small fee to the courtesy dealer for the PDI and it was done. Ships direct from Ford to the courtesy dealer. The selling dealer never sees the vehicle.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

so which dealer can charge 20, 000 over msrp in the transactions
That should be the original dealer that sold the Bronco. However, the way this things been going who knows.
Sponsored