Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had heard of “rock throwing” as a common thing among alleged Sasquatch encounters, but the whole premise never really caught my attention. I worked with a guy who believed in the species, and I was amused with his conversations but didn’t buy into it.
This past fall, I was hiking in the High Peaks of the Adirondacks by myself. It was a long loop, tagging multiple peaks in one day. I ran out of daylight and had to skip a smaller peak I was hoping to get on the way out. My last hour or so was done with a hands free light strapped to my head. This area consisted of large mature hardwoods with very little ground cover. I frequently cast my light around, checking for reflective eyes of wildlife, as I felt like I wasn’t alone. I heard an object whip through the upper canopy of the trees, break a branch, and hit the ground with a THUD, less than 30 yards from me. I estimated (by the noise) it was a baseball sized object. This stopped me in my tracks. Based on the terrain, it was highly unlikely there were campers in that direction. I also didn’t think it’d be likely that local kids would be up in the dark woods waiting for some odd hiker to be finishing in the dark. Whatever had been thrown came from a good distance.
I’m no hero, but I don’t consider myself a fearful man. I had a career in urban policing, often at night, with plenty of potentially dangerous encounters. But this incident was unexplainable. To the point where I announced to the darkness that “I was leaving now” and hightailed it back to my vehicle.
So I don’t dismiss the idea of Sasquatch. I’ll leave them alone if they leave me alone.
As I conveyed in my experience above, the rock throwing has no explanation. No other people encroach on our homestead. We literally own half the mountainside. And I would guarantee the 2 rocks are still where they landed 40 years ago. I made no exaggeration on their size and the distance from which they came. Based on the trajectory coming across the water, I have no reasonable explanation of how stones that size could be thrown over that distance.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bronco4lyfe85

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had heard of “rock throwing” as a common thing among alleged Sasquatch encounters, but the whole premise never really caught my attention. I worked with a guy who believed in the species, and I was amused with his conversations but didn’t buy into it.
This past fall, I was hiking in the High Peaks of the Adirondacks by myself. It was a long loop, tagging multiple peaks in one day. I ran out of daylight and had to skip a smaller peak I was hoping to get on the way out. My last hour or so was done with a hands free light strapped to my head. This area consisted of large mature hardwoods with very little ground cover. I frequently cast my light around, checking for reflective eyes of wildlife, as I felt like I wasn’t alone. I heard an object whip through the upper canopy of the trees, break a branch, and hit the ground with a THUD, less than 30 yards from me. I estimated (by the noise) it was a baseball sized object. This stopped me in my tracks. Based on the terrain, it was highly unlikely there were campers in that direction. I also didn’t think it’d be likely that local kids would be up in the dark woods waiting for some odd hiker to be finishing in the dark. Whatever had been thrown came from a good distance.
I’m no hero, but I don’t consider myself a fearful man. I had a career in urban policing, often at night, with plenty of potentially dangerous encounters. But this incident was unexplainable. To the point where I announced to the darkness that “I was leaving now” and hightailed it back to my vehicle.
So I don’t dismiss the idea of Sasquatch. I’ll leave them alone if they leave me alone.
Lol I love this. This would freak me out though! I was reading this thread this morning (so my mind was wandering) while making coffee and getting ready to leave for the gym before work. I don’t like the dark, it just is what it is. I always turn the light on in my kitchen and a lamp so I can turn the light off in my kitchen and get out my front door before I have alexa turn the lamp off.

I forgot the lamp today and I turned the kitchen light off and found myself standing in the pitch black dark in the kitchen and had a moment of panic before I turned the light back on. 🤣

Ford Bronco Paranormal Experiences Thread 1612879277898

OP
OP
Bronco4lyfe85

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I need to figure out why the lights don’t work in this tunnel under a grocery store today, my flash makes it look much more friendly. This is not my thing, tight, dark tunnels by myself? Fuck this. I’m waiting for IT to come crawling out from behind a pipe to ask if I want to play a game. 😭
Ford Bronco Paranormal Experiences Thread 8BB5803B-70AA-4A1F-8A60-9AB946C94A95

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

WRF3MD said:

I wouldn't say a skeptic, but I've always been a "show me" kind of person. That said, this has been the second best off topic thread, we all remember that good one. I've had several people close to me that I 100% trust tell stories of interesting events but I've only ever had one small experience on multiple occasions

Same, I’ve never “seen” anything outside of our door to the garage opening itself. But that could be explained possibly. Everything else I’ve experienced was just weird or I heard something. I’ve got a few more I’m thinking about as this goes on lol.
I'm kind of a "show me" person too, but in cases like this. I'll just take your word for it, I don't need to experience it.

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I forgot this thread even existed.
Someone linked it in a message and I rediscovered it this morning, read a full few pages of stuff added since I was last here.
And realized how crazy we probably all sound to each other.
Experiencing Very large rocks being thrown from a secluded, private area? No thanks.
The whole streetlight-killing energy thing a few entries back is amazing to me, for several deeply buried, almost unrememberable wisps of some childhood memories I don't even know today if they were real or not.
It's like they are made of smoke, or some grainy footage from the 50's, in my mind. All scattered and fragmented. Like remembering some really scary dream you had 40 years back and suddenly it comes rushing back in small, foggy increments, making the hair stand straight up.

Can't quite put my finger on it. But that story did it for me this morning. Still blinking hard at the world around me, trying to recall what is just outside my clear memory's reach.

OP
OP
Bronco4lyfe85

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol me too. More stories everyone!!!

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are no such thing as ghosts. More likely, experiences that are deemed paranormal are actually parallel universes momentarily clashes.

OP
OP
Bronco4lyfe85

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are no such thing as ghosts. More likely, experiences that are deemed paranormal are actually parallel universes momentarily clashes.
Next thing you’re going to tell me Santa clause doesn’t exist.

Ford Bronco Paranormal Experiences Thread 1631129535724

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OK, just saw this, so I'm in. Our house was built in 1925. At 14 years old I went to work (local hardware store) for the gentleman that built the house as a wedding present for his wife. I had been inside the house many times helping the lady do minor things. She ruled the roast with an iron hand, and she let everyone know it was HER house. She passed first, and when Mr. Ritchie passed the daughters said they would sell the house. Well, we bought it a month later. When we signed the papers they said "Chason" (the wife) was still there. As a non beliver I became a believer very quickly. It started with my plaster tools all disappering over night. And, it has continued to this day 24 years later. One small aside. I hired a contractor to do things I couldn't. We left him at the house one day to run arrands. When we returned he ask if we had come home earlier (he was working in the basement at the time) as he heard foot steps going down the hallway. I didn't have the heart to tell him,' cause I didn't want to scare him off. Over the years we have grown to expect the unexpected, i.e. cabinet doors opening/closing, dishes rattling, knocks on the closet walls, etc. She has even learned to mimic the wife's voice, and pulls tricks on me while the wife is out of the house. It is an adventure to say the least, but we wouldn't change a thing.

BTW, one of the daughters would not go into the basement. I never ask why until I saw the shadowy figure walk past the bottom of the stairway. And, I'm pretty sure I know who that is also. Mr. Whitley was an elderly African-American gentleman that did odd jobs for the entire Ritchie family (They have/had three houses in a row on the street). He was a wonderful man who as a kid I loved so much to just sit, and talk with him. He kept all of his tools in our basement, so I know he's just checking up to see if I'm taking care of things.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In the spirit of Halloween, I want to convey an experience I had this past spring in the Red River Gorge (RRG). The RRG is part of the larger Daniel Boone National Forest and features unique geological formations. The monumental sandstone arches serve as a gateway to the ancient forest. An ancient forest that others call home both living and dead. Unexplained experiences are attributed to an ancient tribe of forest spirits.

I'm an avid hiker and prefer to be alone. I started my day at dawn to bear witness to Gray's Arch.
Ford Bronco Paranormal Experiences Thread 1667085884361

Gray's Arch is at the end of a single trail that one must double-back on to return to the trailhead. Starting so early, I expected to have Gray's Arch to myself. I passed no one on the trail and had noted no recent tracks by humans in the many muddy sections of the trail. As I grew closer yet still not in sight of Gray's Arch, I could hear the melodious harmony of a woman singing. But there were no discernible words just the angelic harmony echoing off the ravine and arch's walls. I was intrigued to catch a glimpse of the siren. I hastened my step and traversed the steep descent into the ravine as the siren's song grew louder. As I made my way to the arch, the melody ceased and was replaced by the cascade of water over the rocks. The siren had disappeared, but her song spurned me on to be rewarded with Gray's Arch.

Ford Bronco Paranormal Experiences Thread 1667086557895

A bewildering experience that has piqued my interest to delve deeper into the mysteries of the RRG led me down the rabbit hole that attributes similar experiences to that of The Temptress. In some cases, she is seen as an attractive luring woman that will lead unsuspecting hikers deeper into the woods to end up lost. In other instances, people have heard her alluring harmony.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
How have I missed this thread til now? I've had many experiences over the years, most of which would sound outlandish typed out. I have many centering around the Boy Scout camp I went to/worked at for several years as a teen. I was a camper first, and then ended up working as a counselor, for a total of 7 summers, so I really got to know the land and some of the happenings there.

The camp was located on an old farm. The original farmhouse, nicknamed the Mozeman House after the previous owner, stood down at the far end of the property. Hanging out on the main drive up to camp, you could see it clearly on the far side of the meadow. I had heard stories from some more senior counselors that they often saw the upstairs bathroom light come on even though the building was locked up and the electricity hadn't been turned on in the house for decades. One night, I was hanging out down on the road with friends and we watched as the light came on in the upstairs window. As we were pointing it out to each other, the sound of music came over the air from the house. We egged each other on enough to run across the meadow, pop the lock on the back door, and try to see for ourselves. As we swung the door open, the light went out and the music stopped, but we heard several footsteps upstairs just as it did. We rushed upstairs and found the old clawfoot tub overflowing with water. The house was on well water and the pump had been ripped out about the same time the electricity last worked. I'm pretty sure Mrs. Mozeman just wanted to enjoy a bath that night and we interrupted her.

I was out by myself one night, I don't remember why, and I heard my friend screaming for help further into the woods, plain as day. I stopped and stood still and repeated to myself several times that it wasn't real, and the scream cut off mid sentence. My friend swears to this day that we was in his cabin fast asleep that whole night.

Having been coming to this camp for years, I got to the point where I could walk any of the footpaths in the dark. I knew pretty much every root, branch, and turn in that camp. One night, I woke and needed to go to the bathroom. The shower house/flush toilets were about 100 yards down one of these footpaths. So I threw on some pants and shoes and headed down the path. About a 3rd of the way down I walked square into a tree in the middle of the path. It laid me out on my ass. Confused as hell, but also still needing to hit the head, I stepped around the tree and noted where I was so I didn't hit it again on the way back up. As I was walking back up, no tree in the path. The next morning I spent 1/2 hour walking up and down the trail trying to figure out where I could have smacked into the tree. I still have no idea.

And now for one more recent. In my 20s, I took a trip with a girlfriend to Gettysburg. We reserved a room at a B&B that was supposed to be haunted, but ended up in one of the rooms in the newer annex. I remember being a little disappointed because, having had all of those experiences at camp, I kind of want to have one in Gettysburg. I got my wish. On the first night, I was almost asleep and I felt a tug on the comforter, like someone was straightening the corner out. I assumed it was my GF until the next morning when I got thinking about it and the tug was in the opposite direction from where she was sleeping. After that night I started taking note of where everything was in the room, just in case. The one thing I noticed is the bathroom door was always open when we woke up. I went the whole week making sure that door was closed when we went to bed and noting it was open the next morning. Could one of us have opened it overnight? Sure, but I hadn't gotten up and my GF said she hadn't either. The final occurrence was at the end of the week. My girlfriend was packing and asked me why I kinked up her cell phone cable. I looked at her confused and she handed me the cable. It wasn't just kinked, there were several full knots tied in it. That was when I clued her in to what I had been noticing. She thanked me for not telling her and told me that we would have been in the Holiday Inn after the second night if I had.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For my first one this isn't quite paranormal but very odd nonetheless. The second one runs a 9/10 on creepymeter.

A little background on my brother. He was first boots on the ground in Afghanistan and Iraq rappelling out of helicopters with the 101st, Rakkasans. He was working on a pilot license years after he discharged so he knows a good deal about aircraft both privately and military as we were also really into them in our younger years.

He was working graveyard shift in Tennessee as a Sheriff's Deputy at the time I believe and he said he spotted a black perfect triangle, fighter jet sized with no lights flying in the air. He said it was very low, slow and made a quiet sound like a hum, "it sounded like electricity". He called me at like 3 or 4 am very excited about it. He was out at the same area almost exactly 2 weeks later and spotted the same craft and this time he got pictures of it, very good pictures and it was exactly as he described. He sent them to me and I had them on my phone for several years not thinking to put them in my PC or back them up. Now that phone is dead and I can't get them.

When he saw it the first time I sent him a picture of the rumored TR3-B aircraft and he said that was it exactly.

My second story is more paranormal.for sure...

My wife's grandmother died when my older daughter was around 2 or so. At my old house we had an hallway with a laundry off to the side that had an open door casing which my wife always hung clothes at the top of before putting them in closets. Early one morning my wife was dressing our daughter in the living room while I was in bed asleep. My daughter points towards the hallways and says "granny, granny...angel". just as my wife turns around to see what she's talking about she sees the clothes that were hung start to move around like they were brushed by a shoulder or something. Of course she had to wake me up and freak me out about it.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK, just saw this, so I'm in. Our house was built in 1925. At 14 years old I went to work (local hardware store) for the gentleman that built the house as a wedding present for his wife. I had been inside the house many times helping the lady do minor things. She ruled the roast with an iron hand, and she let everyone know it was HER house. She passed first, and when Mr. Ritchie passed the daughters said they would sell the house. Well, we bought it a month later. When we signed the papers they said "Chason" (the wife) was still there. As a non beliver I became a believer very quickly. It started with my plaster tools all disappering over night. And, it has continued to this day 24 years later. One small aside. I hired a contractor to do things I couldn't. We left him at the house one day to run arrands. When we returned he ask if we had come home earlier (he was working in the basement at the time) as he heard foot steps going down the hallway. I didn't have the heart to tell him,' cause I didn't want to scare him off. Over the years we have grown to expect the unexpected, i.e. cabinet doors opening/closing, dishes rattling, knocks on the closet walls, etc. She has even learned to mimic the wife's voice, and pulls tricks on me while the wife is out of the house. It is an adventure to say the least, but we wouldn't change a thing.

BTW, one of the daughters would not go into the basement. I never ask why until I saw the shadowy figure walk past the bottom of the stairway. And, I'm pretty sure I know who that is also. Mr. Whitley was an elderly African-American gentleman that did odd jobs for the entire Ritchie family (They have/had three houses in a row on the street). He was a wonderful man who as a kid I loved so much to just sit, and talk with him. He kept all of his tools in our basement, so I know he's just checking up to see if I'm taking care of things.
Sounds kind of like my house. I used have cabinets open all the time, lights flicker, and one bedroom in particular just feels off to be in. We had a guest stay in that room once and he refused to ever come to our house again after that night. There is some charring on the rafters directly above that room so something happened in the past.

We refer to this "entity" as Sanders. Everything stopped one night after we yelled at Sanders to knock it off. So yeah, I'm now certain there's something beyond our observable world.

Bonus content, I know a guy that claims to have encountered Bigfoot while hunting. He said the stench was like nothing he'd ever experienced. He also stopped hunting after that.
Sponsored