Sponsored

Percentage of users that really need Badlands? (edit correction)

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For me (and I ordered a WT for the black accents, SAS and 2.7) it is FAR more about the appearance than it is the 'need'. I have had Raptors (4) since 2010 for the same reason . . . even though I did - because I was living in Coppell, TX at the time - run my first two in the West TX deserts a few times - but since have been 95% on-road! But can't wait to take delivery and whether it's on the highway or a back road looking at foliage with the lady - I am gonna love it and enjoy the appearance as much as the capability!
Sponsored

Reactions: Axe

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm slowly doing model feature creep. I call it going from A to Z one letter at a time...
Started off looking a Bronco Sport then realized the only Sport I would really enjoy was the Badlands version. But that price was so close to the real Bronco that I started considering the Base model. But that doesn't come in any colors that I like so of course I moved up to the Big Bend. But that doesn't have the MGV interior and by the time I added a few off road options that I wanted (like the steel bumpers & bash plates and rear diff) it was very close in price to the base Black Diamond. So I moved up to the Black Diamond. Seemed pretty perfect until I compared it to the Badlands and all the additional off road capability that I would get for a reasonable price increase as I'm already way over my original budget. But if you're going to spend X amount and only be 85% happy, why not spend X + a little more and be really happy? UGH. I've went from an initial budget of 32K to what is now 48K for an optioned out BL. I live in the white mountains of NH and really want true off road ability and also the confidence to drive it in extreme weather conditions (a long winter with lots of N'easters, and many seasonal high wind storms with lots of blow downs) as well as the legit ability to explore the many off road trails up here. But will it be overkill using it as my daily driver? Will it be too harsh and too fatiguing doing a 3 hour drive to visit family or to hit the seacoast? I won't know until I drive one. So despite watching lots of videos and doing countless build outs of various modes and trim levels, I continue be be all over the road map concerning my decision. Luckily, I placed a late reservation so I've got plenty of time to sort all this out!
I am right next door - VT - and went with the WT . . . won't get into any 'extreme' stuff where I'd need the disco but look forward to the capability on the rare logging road and fun of even highway driving . . . will be a nice addition to the Raptor and look forward to venturing into the White Mtns as well!

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only thing I will probably never use is the locking front diff. I don't even plan to put myself in a situation were I can damage my DD vehicles. A locking rear diff and dis sway is all I'll need. But I really wanted the 12" screen. And the only way to get it was the OB or the BL. And I wasn't a fan of the OB for all the things I would want to change on it.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is my daily driver and road trip vehicle. As such I wanted the Lux Pkg and didn't want SAS. Leaves me either in a OBX or BL. I like the looks of the BL way more than the OBX so now I have an over qualified vehicle for what I'll probably use it for. Ford kind of painted us into a corner with the inability to A-LA-Carte options.
I ended up in the same spot for almost the same reasons. It was between OB and BL. Pros and cons to each. Don't like cloth, so would have needed leather on OB, which put it close enough to BL that it seemed smarter to get the extra capability.

If I could have gotten the 33" K02s on OB, I think I would have gotten OB instead.

Duke

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota RAV4 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am right next door - VT - and went with the WT . . . won't get into any 'extreme' stuff where I'd need the disco but look forward to the capability on the rare logging road and fun of even highway driving . . . will be a nice addition to the Raptor and look forward to venturing into the White Mtns as well!
sounds awesome! congrats! what dealer did you select?

Sponsored

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
sounds awesome! congrats! what dealer did you select?
Lamoille Valley Ford in little Hardwick VT - great down-home style dealership full of folks who always remember your name and bend over backwards to help ... also own Twin State in St Johnsbury (@20 min from Littleton, NH) .... and LVF - the little town dealership - normally sells the most Ford truck in VT ... would highly recommend to anyone anywhere nearby (it’s over an hour from me but I keep going back, along with my family)

Duke

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota RAV4 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lamoille Valley Ford in little Hardwick VT - great down-home style dealership full of folks who always remember your name and bend over backwards to help ... also own Twin State in St Johnsbury (@20 min from Littleton, NH) .... and LVF - the little town dealership - normally sells the most Ford truck in VT ... would highly recommend to anyone anywhere nearby (it’s over an hour from me but I keep going back, along with my family)
thanks for that info - I know exactly where they are as I drive through hardwick about once per month. But Twin state is actually closer to me so i'm thinking of changing my preferred dealer to them (right now its Irwin down in Laconia/tilton only because we have our toyota serviced there). I was originally thinking of Twin State but I had no history/knowledge with them and now your comments & insight have made me reconsider them.

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’d use mine for DD including 3x/week commute into the city with 30+ minutes each way being bumper-to-bumper stuck-in-traffic. I live in a hilly area with the main roads getting a lot of pack-snow & ice conditions, with a lot of the back roads receiving poor snow-plow attention. I’d be tempted to get aftermarket 33’s, and keep the stick wheels to Mount snow&ice tires for winter. One or two times/yr I make a 10-hour trip to the Outer Banks and like to drive on the beach up in Corolla. But once I have a Bronco I’m sure I’d be looking for off-road clubs and opportunity. A Big Bend would likely suffice, but (a) The stock wheels/tires are too pedestrian/lame; and (b) resell value some day will be much higher, I assume, on a BL or w Squatch.

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Who gives a shit?

Drive your vehicle the way you want and get what you want.

Im so sick of this bullshit of people judging others or shaming or implying others are posers.

Move on, no one here needs to justify shit to anyone.

If I want the most hardcore rig possible to take my 3 year old to daycare what's it to anyone else?

Edit: sorry that got a bit aggressive. I realize you weren't really trying to imply any off that.
I think this response is perfect, BTW.

Sponsored

Tubbystrut

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll probably do some recreational rock crawling a couple times a year, but I spend a lot of time in the Pacific and Inland NW backcountry hunting/fishing/hiking and man you never know what you're going to find on some of those old logging roads.

I just wanted something that gives the best odds of getting me in and getting me out, so I went with the Badlands.

It will also look nice when I drop my daughter off at the mall.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm someone who lives for instant gratification... I bought the badlands knowing I'll never use 5% of its capabilities because it was in stock at the dealer.

r21free

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im retired and My bandland is going to visit all 50 states.Drive up the side of every mountain in America It will baia throw every desert , cross every stream and river that is in my way. It will play on every beach that its aloud and run with the rest of the wild horse...Thats the plan I have for it and it all starts in 2022....

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Way to revive the thread. Yeah we have our Badlands because I may never use it but knowing it's there was worth it. Kind of the same thing on airbags, we went ahead and left those in as well. LOL

Busterbronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium and 1982 F100 Short Bed.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

its all about capability. if you want capability whether you use it or not.... get it Bronco is not about NEED, Its about WANT. So what if someone spends more than you. . it isnt a competition so who cares? if you want a bronco.... get a bronco. if you want to save money because you really wont use the bronco for what it is made to do, then get a cheapo hoopty ride and be happy with yourself.
Sponsored