Performing engine break in period (breaking in) during long delivery roadtrip?

Tre

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Impala, Buick Enclave, '77 Suzuki GS750
Your Bronco Model
Base
"Don't drive a constant speed." This is what concerns me. I'll have a 1000 mile trip home that could take a week. But I guess it would pay off in the long run.
Get off the interstate. Take the secondaries. They usually go right through town, slow down, get gas before you need it, check out a couple of blocks in town, buy a pie, roll on.

Edit:

Thinking about it, this is actually good advice for general travel. The interstates are good for point A to B but not much fun to see or do anything.
Exactly what I was thinking. Do a little backroad driving and maybe some light camping on my way home. (Hopefully I can coordinate a pickup that allows for it).

If I can find a dirt road or 3 that doesn't involve me driving through someone's farm field, you'd better believe I'm taking it.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When building engines I always kept it under 3500 for the first 500 miles not a big deal on a roadtrip. Thats like just the first day on the highway. Burnouts come on day 2. When we rebuilt my brothers 5.0, I put about 150 miles on it day 1 just to get it over with as fast as possible.

MTBRider22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S5 Cabriolet Toyota Tacoma Off-Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've talked to several "industry insiders", they've varied on this....but one thing they all said...just don't use the cruise control for a long trip right after purchase and you should be fine. With that said, I'm in the flatlands of the the midwest where CC can equal constant RPM's for a long time.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bemcnamara

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F56S MINI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

HeritageRider

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Xterra Pro-4X 2014 Focus SE 5MT 1994 H-D
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My plan is to drive home to MA from Stephens in WV. Going to do backroads and get the break in period over with seeing the country.

I don’t see any difference between breaking in a new vehicle on my local back roads vs someone else’s back roads.
Use the US highways rather than interstates. You will get varied speed limits, go through small towns, and actually see the towns and countryside. If I go with Stephens, it is right on US 119, which crosses US 22 in PA about 35 miles from me. Should be a nice ride! :D (y)

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm driving back to CA with my Granger Bronco. That's a thing now right? Granger Bronco's :)

I'm not worried about the break in at all. Will stop and get gas, see the sights. I won't redline it or use launch control (does this car have it? ) during this time :)
socal?

cdoublev

Black Diamond
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My plan is to drive home to MA from Stephens in WV. Going to do backroads and get the break in period over with seeing the country.

I don’t see any difference between breaking in a new vehicle on my local back roads vs someone else’s back roads.
I am planning on doing this same thing. May take a trip over to Shenandoah National Park for a day or two

tlowell01

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not going to get much break-in on the 2.5 mile drive home from my local dealership.

Dubfound

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi’s
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My Audi and VW have had it...maybe the Bronco will? Perhaps a software unlock with tune
Right. I actually used launch control on my Audi S3 during the test drive with like 30 miles on the odometer Put 80k miles on the car without any issues.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thinking of buying out of state, but I have no reservation yet. And I need to sell my minivan first.
Yep. Sell that Minivan. Used car market is hot now. See what Carvana will give you for it.