First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
The wrangler weighs 6100lbs the Bronco 4 door squatched weighs 5860. On the way home the wrangler got 15mpg the bronco on the same trip got 20-21mpg.
Wow, thanks- while the Bronco is heavy the 392 is super heavy. I thought my 2019 Silverado Double Cab 4 X 4 was heavy and huge at 5000 LBS, I guess not. And I get 24 MPG.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Wow, thanks- while the Bronco is heavy the 392 is super heavy. I thought my 2019 Silverado Double Cab 4 X 4 was heavy and huge at 5000 LBS, I guess not. And I get 24 MPG.
T1 or K2 platform? If you haven’t already, purchase a range device to deactivate your AFM/DFM. It will decrease your mileage a bit but the reliability increases a lot.

OP
OP

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
392 sounds amazing. One pulled up to me at a light and was so surprised to hear that sound coming from a Wrangler. For $80k though, I would have a Shelby, M, GTR, Z06, preferably with a manual before any 4x4. Would be a fun 2nd vehicle though
I thought about a GT350R but those love to spin the main, bmw lost their way, Godzilla is to expensive to maintain and I was able to pick the Z06 up in the 60s 2 years ago.

B8001230-1016-43CA-A565-5696F80F9572.jpeg

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Holy moly 48psi it probably felt like a model T. When I picked the bronco up they actually did a decent PDI and had them set to 39. Right now with the cold they’re sitting at 35 psi. I feel more driveline vibrations in the bronco and you can feel more road feedback in it. When it’s in 4A you can feel even more driveline vibrations. I’m not sure if it’s normal or not. At the end of the day If we’re going on a road trip the bronco will be what we go in.
I am glad you mentioned the 4a driveline. Exactly the same with mine. And I was wondering the same thing. Sounds like it’s normal.

Last edited:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Totally amazed at the lack of flaming for posting this on a Bronco forum.! Proud of you guys.! 😂😁:ROFLMAO::LOL:
Well, no need to beat a dead horse. The OP is already aware of the shitty MIC top. No additional flaming is needed. 😜

Sponsored

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My question is where are you all getting all that money???

OP has a brand new Bronco, a brand new 392, and is talking about getting a Bronco Raptor.

One guy that posted has a 392, a Bronco on order, and a Mercedes in the garage.

Another guy that posted has like 47 Jeeps, a Bronco somewhere, looks like a Raptor in one of the pics, a GT500 listed in his "Vehicles", and who knows what else.

Like WTF. We had to trade in my wife's nice car for my Bronco and buy her something cheap. One $950 a month payment is all we can afford....
The rich keep getting richer the young ones are making money never seen at such a young age.
Read this WSJ report on how healthy the high end car market is. Interesting Times being 30 year olds are buying up Rolls Royce’s at the highest pace ever.

Rolls-Royce, Bentley, BMW Sales Surge as Cheaper Brands Lag Behind
BERLIN—A surge in luxury-car sales and the shifting of scarce semiconductors to the most profitable vehicles helped many auto makers achieve robust profits last year, even as sales of mainstream vehicles lagged behind and supply-chain disruptions crippled car production.

Confronted with the double blow from the pandemic and a shortage of chips and other components, most auto manufacturers had to cut production throughout the year. Given generally robust demand, many opted to shift available resources toward their most expensive–and most profitable–vehicles in an effort to protect their margins.

Other types of manufacturers have also gave priority to big-ticket products for similar reasons, making it harder for consumers to find cheaper alternatives. But car makers have also benefited from a bump in demand for the more expensive models.
The most luxurious brands such as Rolls-Royce, Bentley, Porsche and BMW have reported record sales. With international travel stalled during the pandemic and many avenues of flashy spending closed to them, a young generation of luxury-car consumers went on a shopping spree last year.
“We are hardly affected by the chip shortage,” Alain Favey, sales chief at Bentley Motors Ltd., which is owned by German auto maker Volkswagen AG, told The Wall Street Journal.

“The process in the VW group is very centralized. One of the elements to decide on allocation is the
margin of profitability. From that perspective we are prioritized, so we managed to get all of the chips we needed,” Mr. Favey said.

Bentley sold 14,659 cars last year, an increase of 31% from the year before and a record for the company. Porsche, also owned by VW, sold 301,915 cars, an increase of 11% world-wide. Both brands posted growth in the U.S., Europe, and China.

By comparison, VW’s namesake brand, its biggest business by unit sales, struggled throughout the year to keep its factories operating because of the chip shortage. The main plant in Wolfsburg worked under capacity and had to scrap shifts throughout the year.

As a result, sales took a hit, falling 8.1% to 4.9 million vehicles world-wide. Sales in China, the brand’s largest single market, dropped 14.8%.

VW’s mixed performance reflects that of other mass-market manufacturers: While conventional sedans, hatchbacks and station wagons languished, sport-utility vehicles and new electric vehicles made big gains.
In the U.S., BMW grew sales by 21% as the top-selling luxury brand for the third year in a row, selling 336,644 vehicles. Toyota Motor Corp.’s Lexus came in second, selling 304,476 vehicles, or 11% more than the previous year.
Tesla Inc. was able to sidestep some of the chip shortage’s impacts, and a full year of sales for its most recent Model Y SUV helped to increase global deliveries by 87%. In the U.S., Tesla outsold Mercedes-Benz, which reported U.S. sales of 276,102 vehicles in 2021. Tesla doesn’t break out its sales by region, but Ward’s Intelligence, a consulting firm, estimates that Tesla sold around 299,000 vehicles in the U.S. last year.

Rolls-Royce, owned by Bayerische Motoren Werke AG, whose tailor-made superluxury cars have starting prices of more than $300,000, sold a record 5,586 cars last year, up 49% from the year before.

Martin Fritsches, president of Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Americas, told the Journal that buyers of superluxury cars like Rolls-Royce are younger today. The average age of a customer is about 43 years old, which means many of their clientele are in their 30s.
In part, Mr. Fritsches said, Rolls-Royce’s wealthy customers have been sheltered from the hardships felt by many during the pandemic. They benefited more from the economic recovery, the cryptocurrency boom and soaring stock prices. And many of the buyers are first-time Rolls owners, he said, including young entrepreneurs who got rich on the stock market and cryptocurrencies.
New electric vehicles were another driver of growth. BMW, which fared better than many of its rivals in the chip squeeze, sold 2.5 million vehicles last year, an increase of 8.4%. Of the total, the company sold 103,855 fully electric vehicles.

“Our target for 2022 is to more than double the sales of fully electric vehicles,” Pieter Nota, BMW’s sales chief, told the Journal. He said BMW was well supplied with chips throughout 2021 and through new direct relationships with chip makers he expected to get through 2022.

Mr. Nota said the effects of the chip shortage would likely continue to be felt in the first half of this year, but added that BMW’s efforts to mitigate the crisis through orders and direct relationships with chip suppliers should help ease the impact again this year.

Porsche said its electric sporty sedan, the Taycan, outsold the company’s iconic 911 sports car last year, marking a symbolic shift as even Porsche customers begin to embrace electric cars.

IHS Markit, a global industry consultant, is forecasting new light vehicle sales will rise 3.7% this year to 82.4 million vehicles, up from 2.9% in 2021 when growth was constrained by supply-chain disruptions. It expects new light vehicle sales in the U.S. will increase about 2.6% this year to 15.5 million vehicles.
With the onset of the pandemic and widespread factory shutdowns in 2020, auto production dropped about 16% from 2019 to 74.6 million vehicles, according to Wards Intelligence and LMC Automotive, consulting firm groups. They said the auto industry clawed back some of this last year, with global output rising about 2% to 76.2 million vehicles. They forecast that global output will rebound 13% to 85.8 million vehicles this year, still below pre-pandemic levels.

Despite record sales, Mr. Fritsches said that Rolls-Royce will remain a small, intimate luxury brand focused on creating experiences for its customers. To appeal to younger customers, Rolls-Royce is connecting owners through an app called Whispers, which you can only access if you actually own a Rolls-Royce.

“Our customers look for the bespoke experience,” Mr. Fritsches said. “I can guarantee you that volume is not and will never be a focus topic for us.”

OP
OP

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am glad you mentioned the 4a driveline. Exactly the same with mine. And I was 💭 nag the same thing. Sounds like it’s normal.
It is deff louder which doesn’t bother me as much but the vibration does bother me. Especially when the 392 is AWD and there’s 0 driveline vibration.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That teal color on wranglers always grabs my eye on the road. That one has gone to the dogs. ;-)

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

OP has a brand new Bronco, a brand new 392, and is talking about getting a Bronco Raptor.

Another guy that posted has like 47 Jeeps, a Bronco somewhere, looks like a Raptor in one of the pics, a GT500 listed in his "Vehicles", and who knows what else.

Like WTF. We had to trade in my wife's nice car for my Bronco and buy her something cheap. One $950 a month payment is all we can afford....
Your definition of “afford” is probably different than a lot of peoples. 😄

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Plan on doing headers or a high flow cat for more power and sound?

Sponsored

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if Jeep will make the Xtreme Recon package for the 2 door?

Jeeps are so much more refined then the Bronco. But I still want a Bronco.

OP
OP

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Plan on doing headers or a high flow cat for more power and sound?
I don’t think so, imo the stock exhaust is perfect. I’d hate to lose the dual mode it has. Maybe if a company offers one to retain it I will. Corsa is a few hours from me they want my bronco for R&D, id get a free exhaust out of the deal. I was thinking of offering up the Jeep too. It’ll be to hard to go a few weeks without a vehicle. Maybe if they need one in the spring that would work out.

NotGuilty

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Awesome. I'm loving my JLU XR. I've got just over 4000 miles on mine. Averaging about 18mpg in the city and 23 cruising at 70mph and 21 at 80mph with the 3.6 V6. Also the factory tire pressures are god awful. Jeep said to have the tires at 37psi. The dealer had them at 40psi at delivery. I dropped them to 32psi just to get the tires to make full contact on the road.

20211102_175222.jpg

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey I’m poor too. My house is barely 700 sq feet probably the size of most peoples garages on this post. Plus the housing prices are just though the roof in my area. Who would pay 250k for my house is just

One of the main reasons I went with the Bronco besides the cool factor is because I knew it would be a year or so before it showed up. Which allowed me time to save!

So I kept socking money away each month for a down payment to reduce my monthly payment. I am now working on saving money for sales taxes and license plates so I don’t have to finance that too.

If my Bronco doesn’t show up until this summer or fall I’m okay with that. :)

OP
OP

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Awesome. I'm loving my JLU XR. I've got just over 4000 miles on mine. Averaging about 18mpg in the city and 23 cruising at 70mph and 21 at 80mph with the 3.6 V6. Also the factory tire pressures are god awful. Jeep said to have the tires at 37psi. The dealer had them at 40psi at delivery. I dropped them to 32psi just to get the tires to make full contact on the road.

Ford Bronco Picked up my wife’s 392 Wrangler. Some comparisons to my First Edition Bronco 20211102_175222
I just dropped them from 42 to 35. I’m gonna have the caster checked. If it’s not near 6 degrees (which I doubt it is) I’ll have metal cloak adjustable LCAs installed to get the caster right.
Sponsored