First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge RAM 2500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a first edition and will most likely be stepping down to a Wildtrak or Badlands if Navy Pier is the only interior color offered. They should offer to upgrade for people who want a first edition.
I think most of us are in the same boat waiting for the options and pricing to come out.
Sponsored

Deleted member 13702

Funny, I discussed this very same topic with my wife after I placed my reservation. We came to the conclusion that we probably wouldn't use the FE Bronco in the way we intend (trails, beach, camping etc...)for fear of messing up such a pricy vehicle. Not to mention I would obsess over every mile, ding, scratch etc that I put on a limited edition vehicle making it a less than enjoyable experience.....but if I had the money to buy two Broncos, and one could be a garage queen, then he'll yeah!!!

JDPA_2021 Ford Bronco 2-Door Badlands Black Front View on Trail.jpg

OP
OP
Bronco_Monterey
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge RAM 2500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Funny, I discussed this very same topic with my wife after I placed my reservation. We came to the conclusion that we probably wouldn't use the FE Bronco in the way we intend (trails, beach, camping etc...)for fear of messing up such a pricy vehicle. Not to mention I would obsess over every mile, ding, scratch etc that I put on a limited edition vehicle making it a less than enjoyable experience.....but if I had the money to buy two Broncos, and one could be a garage queen, then he'll yeah!!!

Ford Bronco POLL - First Edition UPGRADE IF OFFERED OR CHANGE/CANCEL JDPA_2021 Ford Bronco 2-Door Badlands Black Front View on Trail
AMEN!

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not to mention I would obsess over every mile, ding, scratch etc that I put on a limited edition vehicle making it a less than enjoyable experience.....
I've been there and it SUCKS! Sounds like a good problem, and it kind of is. But really, it sucks. I've done it multiple times now. My wife finally said "No More Garage Queens!" lol

OP
OP
Bronco_Monterey
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge RAM 2500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you for the feedback. The purpose of this poll was to assess how many would be interested in upgrading to an FE, if and only if Ford were to make it available and how many that currently have an FE would be interested in canceling or changing to something else. This is just because the FE after the second increase in production from Ford still left many of us short in the ability to reserve that model. No doubt many that chose different models for their specific likes or needs would not be interested in changing to other models, but can if they so wish EXCEPT the fully reserved FE at this point.

Sponsored

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lot of variables there really. 7000 units is no small amount. This is comparable to 2017 GT350's production numbers. They hold their value fair enough, but aren't necessarily in collector car categories (yet). Options selected and limited production numbers are a good formula for value. Only time will tell, but typically when something is marketed as a "collectors edition", it really isn't all that valuable. I wouldn't say so much Ford is marketing it that way, but it being a "First Edition" and not replicated across model years could certainly contribute to a decent investment. 3500 was a much better number than the change to 7000. Even that was high though. I don't personally believe they will be a gold mind anytime in the next 25 years unless a lot of them get daily driven, driven off-road and "used" to limit the numbers on the streets.
Totally agree... buy a First Edition because you want to DRIVE a first edition. A lot better investments that you can make with $65K+ (tax, insurance, maintenance)! Even at normal compounded interest you should be able to double that in 7 years. Pretty sure a Bronco FE is not going to fetch $130K in 7 years... especially with Warthogs or Shelby Broncos out there!

OP
OP
Bronco_Monterey
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge RAM 2500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford has come a long way from the initial Model T, one model fits all. Now they offer "options!"

OP
OP
Bronco_Monterey
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge RAM 2500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've been there and it SUCKS! Sounds like a good problem, and it kind of is. But really, it sucks. I've done it multiple times now. My wife finally said "No More Garage Queens!" lol
It took me 3 Garage Queens unfortunately, but hopefully that will never happen again. Daily Riders Only!

SammyB

First Edition
First Name
Dougie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.taylorchip.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 | 2016 Toyota Tacoma | 1990 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Lot of variables there really. 7000 units is no small amount. This is comparable to 2017 GT350's production numbers. They hold their value fair enough, but aren't necessarily in collector car categories (yet). Options selected and limited production numbers are a good formula for value. Only time will tell, but typically when something is marketed as a "collectors edition", it really isn't all that valuable. I wouldn't say so much Ford is marketing it that way, but it being a "First Edition" and not replicated across model years could certainly contribute to a decent investment. 3500 was a much better number than the change to 7000. Even that was high though. I don't personally believe they will be a gold mind anytime in the next 25 years unless a lot of them get daily driven, driven off-road and "used" to limit the numbers on the streets.
I agree with you. I have a ā€˜13 anniversary GT500 1 of 123 with my spec and that is just now starting to get close to MSRP. But only cuz of the super low miles on mine and even then you need the right buyer.

I have a First Edition reservation but I would not want to drive it and at that Iā€™m always back a forth if I want to keep the FE or downgrade and build.

I think there is money to be made on it possibly. If you sell it right away. Youā€™d might be able to squeeze a $10 to $30k profit on the quick flip based off the hype but even that is a gamble. And then... well, you donā€™t get to drive it.

also, Ford probably has a blacklist for people like that. ?

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I highly doubt that cancelled First Editions will be re-allocated to other reservation holders. There's just no fair way for Ford to do that. I would expect that any cancelled First Editions will become part of the Dealer allocations after all of the other reservations are fulfilled.

So there will be some lucky dealers out there that will get these cancelled First Editions to sell on their lots marked up.
This is what I suspect will happen to the unclaimed First Editions, plus a few more for charity auctions. Iā€™m sure we will see one turn up at Mecumā€™s.

and no, I donā€™t see the FE Bronco being the next GT. If I wanted to invest I would put it towards property.

Sponsored

Southern frog

First Edition
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep liberty
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I got the FE because on launch night it was a max out best of all. But depending on how much a maxed out BL I may switch.

It be nice for those that have a FE if ford just doesn't make the canceled ones. Bring that limited number back down some

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just can't see a hermetically sealed FE worth insane dollars in a short timeframe. The only unique thing (outside of one exterior blue color of many) is that all the option boxes have been ticked.

With the amount of special editions that will come out in the upcoming years....I would really be surprised if the FE popped in the next couple of decades.

Now over time....sure.

1991 white Bronco sold this summer for $90k.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1991-ford-bronco-xlt-2/

Ford Bronco POLL - First Edition UPGRADE IF OFFERED OR CHANGE/CANCEL 1603087363865

Last edited:

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I reserved a FE because it was a loaded up Bronco. I added every option on my Rubicon when I bought it, so figured on doing the same with the Bronco. Having it labeled a First Edition is cool but don't see it as huge collectors item. Unless your Jay Leno and plan to keep the millage extremely low it might be worth a few bucks in 20 or 30 years. I'm not a collector, so plan on using it as a daily driver and weekend trail warrior. Probably end up trading it in a a Warthog in 2 years so hopefully it might bring in a few more bucks on a trade-in, unless the Navy Pier looks completely awful. ?
Sponsored