Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Ford Bronco First Edition. ‘21 Audi RS6 Avan
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Updated with the official email from Ford to the Dealer....

Posted by @Ksjrb03

fe8f8321-6d43-4a91-b725-ca48fa4109bd-jpeg.jpg

Original post

Just received a call from my dealer in Tampa, FL about an email from Ford sent last night regarding the 2 FE orders they have not received (mine included). Ford does NOT have the ability to build all the remaining 2021 FE models and giving the remaining order holders until 5pm EST today to change trim levels for a 2022 model only. If they do not receive a new 2022 trim/model to replace the FE my order will be canceled. WHAT IN THE ACTUAL F@CK?!?!?!

Speechless.

FEreservationJesse.png

OK, a post is made with a sensational headline suggesting that Ford is doing something nefarious with First Edition orders.

Then the actual communication is belatedly added, making it clear that the only FE orders that are being messed with are (1) those that were fraudulent and where there was no actual buyer (no time stamp), (2) where the FE buyer decided they wanted a MY 22 or otherwise voluntarily gave up the FE, or (3) where the buyer sat on their hands and didn't specify a buildable configuration (the black painted top issue, along with a corresponding 2K price reduction, was announced about a year ago folks!).

And yet the "outrage" - and the outrageous headline - remain. SMH.

I guess its very much in tune with the times!
Sponsored

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don’t understand this move. The 7,000 FE holders are the most die hard bronco fans and ambassadors there is. Why would Ford want to screw them over. In fact maybe there are only 500 or so that have this issue, why not sort them out? This to me makes no sense. I hope Ford doesn’t screw these people over. Also, isn’t the FE like 70K. Why wouldn’t they want the extra money and to make people happy? What am I missing here?

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tens of thousands of people reserved one the first night and then never took action again. Some of those are first edition folks. I quite frankly don’t know what the reasonable action is to take with these orphans.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I still havent seen the OP tell us if they changed their roof and whether or not the dealer 99'd the order and just didnt submit it again. At this point I'm going to not be angry with Ford.... as we simply dont have all the details.
Did Ford directly and clearly notify FE customers that they had to change their roof to MIC, else they would not get an FE?

Otherwise how was the customer to know? Hope their dealer told them? Hang out a lot on 6G forum?

mspaz789

Wildtrak
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When did you reserve?
Wildtrak. 7/17 I stopped by my dealer today and they have no clue on what’s going on. Ford has told them nothing. Can you believe that? No I think the dealer knows but can’t say anything. They had a wildtrak in the show room with not dealer plates but normal plates. On it. The salesperson told me it was getting up in miles. What is ford going to do with the mannequin broncos?

Last edited:

Sponsored

whatyhow

First Edition
First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yugo
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
on the bright side, the FE's just got more rare than they were supposed to be
That's partially true. There were supposed to be only 3500 made. Some genius left the number at 3500 for two-door and 3500 for four-door and that's how they got to 7000. But the less the better.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I don’t understand this move. The 7,000 FE holders are the most die hard bronco fans and ambassadors there is. Why would Ford want to screw them over. In fact maybe there are only 500 or so that have this issue, why not sort them out? This to me makes no sense. I hope Ford doesn’t screw these people over. Also, isn’t the FE like 70K. Why wouldn’t they want the extra money and to make people happy? What am I missing here?
Your missing the fact dealers were warned multiple times of which FE orders were not buildable as entered in the order banks. Deadline passes and as far as Ford is concerned the affected FE orders were intentionally waiting for MY22 or 23, thus abandoning the FE reservation. There are many cases where this was intentional and legitimate. I don’t think Ford realized how many of these were lazy or incompetent dealers ignoring the warnings and not following up with the reservation holders.

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Your missing the fact dealers were warned multiple times of which FE orders were not buildable as entered in the order banks. Deadline passes and as far as Ford is concerned the affected FE orders were intentionally waiting for MY22 or 23, thus abandoning the FE reservation. There are many cases where this was intentional and legitimate. I don’t think Ford realized how many of these were lazy or incompetent dealers ignoring the warnings and not following up with the reservation holders.
Yes but patrons are being punished because of dealer stupidity. I don’t know why Ford doesn’t just sell directly.

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

FE built on 9/29
Ordered MIC top from day 1
priority 99

No sure how I made the cut here.

Motor City Lifer

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford f150 FX4/ 2012 Harley Davidson St Glide
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

all of the details. Unless you are new here, or didn't read the rest of the thread.

Sponsored

69BroncoX302

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15, 2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Looks like my 2-door FE will be converted to a 2-door Badlands with insane priority. With everything making it a FE virtually, except it will now me antimatter blue instead of lighting blue.

TxBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f-pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wouldnt it be nice if @Ford Motor Company would let us see our priority code! What a sheet show
It’s on the Dora if you have a copy of that..

But yes, you’re right, it would be nice for it to appear on the form reservation/order page. At this point the more transparency or general information they can offer would be their best bet with keeping the natives calm lol

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I am reading this and it sounds like FORD will convert all unbuilt 2021's of all types to a 2022?????? SO we do NOT need to re-order. I am personally confused.
the way I read it, it seems they'll turn all 21 orders into 22 orders in their system, but set them at 99 and you still have to see your dealer to either just ok it as is or then make what ever changes you want with what ever new options might show up. I might have misread that though. I would definitely get in touch with my dealer once the order banks open up and before the first batch of '22 is getting scheduled, since once you have a VIN you're locked in.
Sponsored