Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, you dont get good service taking a product you purchased elsewhere to a store that sells the same item.
Disappointing considering that's their profit center. My wife's Volvo we also bought out of town, and local service department is phenomenal.
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm torn. On the one hand, I saved about 5% by going through a dealer. On the other, it would be really cool if the entire process was online and the car was shipped to your house.

OP
OP
jorgem31

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm torn. On the one hand, I saved about 5% by going through a dealer. On the other, it would be really cool if the entire process was online and the car was shipped to your house.
I saved too. They gave me X-Plan of sorts, no dealer fee or their stupid $2k package (nitro, window etching, etc). But still it was a lot of work on my part. And time, 3 hours when I went to pick up.

I still rather order online and not deal with anyone.

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had positive and negative dealership experiences. Time will tell how my Bronco experience plays out, but thus far, it has been positive.

If direct from manufacturer eliminates the guess factor on how the purchasing experience will go, I'm all for it. I'm willing to forego $500 off, if I'm not sitting in a dealership while they fill out another 4 square and go talk to the manager for the 5th time.

Thankfully, my last few deals were completed prior to visiting the dealership, and the time spent within the dealership was minimal.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if I'm not sitting in a dealership while they fill out another 4 square and go talk to the manager for the 5th time.

Thankfully, my last few deals were completed prior to visiting the dealership, and the time spent within the dealership was minimal.
My price on the Bronco was locked in and it was still a 2 hour ordeal, most of it just sitting in the showroom watching the salespeople gab inside a closed office.

I could do without that.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol at the idea that buying from Tesla is easier, cheaper, or better. I’ve been through the buying process with them. It went measurably worse than my local Ford dealer.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I saved too. They gave me X-Plan of sorts, no dealer fee or their stupid $2k package (nitro, window etching, etc). But still it was a lot of work on my part. And time, 3 hours when I went to pick up.

I still rather order online and not deal with anyone.
No dealer package. Went in for about 10 minutes to give basic information, once it was ready for pick up a couple of days later, tags on, owner's card and insurance card. In and out in 10 minutes...

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m all for the buy direct model that not only Tesla follows but so are more and more manufacturers including Jeep/Ram. Most of us are technically savvy enough to fill out an order sheet online to how we want it built, and with the options of choosing, get pricing and submit the order. Matter of fact, that actually used to be how most cars purchased before the instant gratification crowd came to be. I remember my parents and grandparents would go to a dealer (since there was no internet at that time), pick out the model, options, engine size, color, etc, submit the order then pick up their new car/truck 6-8 weeks later. No reason why the same can’t be done today which actually many of us already did when ordering our Broncos.

Dealers used to be just a local transaction and service center, everything else was handled at the manufacturer level. Now days dealers have to have the biggest, nicest, shiny new building and 1000+ vehicles either on the lot or in backlot inventory, it’s not cheap and also what drives the dealers to squeeze customers for every nickel they can get to cover their own overhead. For me personally the only time I ever want to visit a dealer is to pick up my new vehicle or have them provide a service/warranty issue. I’d be even more satisfied if I didn’t even have to talk to anyone at the dealership about their BS upselling tactics but that’s probably too much to ask, of course I have a deep despise for most sales people in general.

Last edited:

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a great local dealer, but when I’m paying MSRP for a truck I don’t see what services they really add to the transaction. The direct to consumer model would make it very challenging to support warranty repair centers, imagine only having a couple warranty service locations per state. Tesla is kind of an exception because service is limited.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, you dont get good service taking a product you purchased elsewhere to a store that sells the same item.
Wait, people keep saying it's the service where the dealerships make the money. If that's true, why wouldn't a dealership be eager to get paid for service, regardless where the vehicle was originally purchased?

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not necessarily, Just don't see why you can't get tow or heated seats on a base model for example...
I look at it this way, if it wasn't for the BB guys paying $4000 for a leather wrapped steering and window tint, or the WT guys paying $12k extra for fancy TV screens, I'd be paying an extra $2k-3k on my base.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I look at it this way, if it wasn't for the BB guys paying $4000 for a leather wrapped steering and window tint, or the WT guys paying $12k extra for fancy TV screens, I'd be paying an extra $2k-3k on my base.
I love my fancy $12k TV screen