Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I voted TDM.
I have a great dealer and don't don't see the manufacturer cutting the prices like the dealers do.
Given, the Bronco is hot for now, but eventually there will be deals to be had.
Maybe soonerthan we all realize with gas doing its thing right now!

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everyone is crazy for manufacturer. You do realize that 95% of vehicles are purchased under msrp. I would argue more are purchased under invoice than above msrp. That all goes away with manufacturer model.

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Everyone is crazy for manufacturer. You do realize that 95% of vehicles are purchased under msrp. I would argue more are purchased under invoice than above msrp. That all goes away with manufacturer model.
Perhaps but MSRP will drop as well. There will be a significant reduction in commissioned and sales support staff. Besides, it isn't just the price but most people's dread of negotiating and fear of being screwed. There is an appeal in knowing that the price advertised is the price everyone is paying.

I vaguely recall a case study back in graduate business school on car purchasing. It focused on Saturn"s one price marketing model. Yes I know that dates me and at least half the people on here have never seen a Saturn car. A large portion of the their business model was based on research surrounding the consumers' disdain of haggling with car salesmen.

Their failure had less to do with the sales approach and more to do with uninspired product. Tesla is doing a great job of implementing that sales approach.

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The build-to-order (just in time) model is the future. It's inevitable. Manufacturers will continue to improve how much they can prebuild to streamline the final process of adding customer spec'd features and shipping. They'll also ship with some features turned off if you don't pay for them. When you buy a used car, you'll be able to activate features that the previous owner opted out of simply by paying the manufacturer (think Tesla autopilot).

I assume Ford got a serious wake-up call on two fronts during their reservation experiment: 1) How old-school communications don't work...people want transparency. You can't hide the truth. We're all online talking and know what the issues are long before Ford finally comes out and admits them - tops, chips, allocations, etc. 2) How f-ed up their dealer network really is. They tried to create a relationship directly with end customers but way too many dealers are just dishonest and have been for far too long. The deficiencies of the modern car dealership are in their face and on display for full public consumption.

The dealerships have a lot of power in the current arrangement. It'll be interesting to see how Ford overcomes this predicament.

Sponsored

bbrhm

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
No dealer package. Went in for about 10 minutes to give basic information, once it was ready for pick up a couple of days later, tags on, owner's card and insurance card. In and out in 10 minutes...
This is the way. I think I was in and out in 25 min. Once they realize you are no-BS type customer they trim the various spiels… add ons, financing, Ford app, extended yadda yadda… I have a check just give me the keys.

bbrhm

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
No dealer package. Went in for about 10 minutes to give basic information, once it was ready for pick up a couple of days later, tags on, owner's card and insurance card. In and out in 10 minutes...
Also go Utes…

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From Granger, Chapman, or SAC. We don't need most of the other dealers.

RClark82

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150, 2008 F150, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wait, people keep saying it's the service where the dealerships make the money. If that's true, why wouldn't a dealership be eager to get paid for service, regardless where the vehicle was originally purchased?
I would imagine warranty work is paid out at a much lower rate by Ford than customer service jobs pay.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Perhaps but MSRP will drop as well. There will be a significant reduction in commissioned and sales support staff. Besides, it isn't just the price but most people's dread of negotiating and fear of being screwed. There is an appeal in knowing that the price advertised is the price everyone is paying.

I vaguely recall a case study back in graduate business school on car purchasing. It focused on Saturn"s one price marketing model. Yes I know that dates me and at least half the people on here have never seen a Saturn car. A large portion of the their business model was based on research surrounding the consumers' disdain of haggling with car salesmen.

Their failure had less to do with the sales approach and more to do with uninspired product. Tesla is doing a great job of implementing that sales approach.
No price will not drop. No Tesla is doing an awful job at it. Have you seen their complaint list. Tesla is a crap company that only has followers because of the narcissist that uses your money to make himself ultra wealthy!

Sponsored

PhilS

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The dealership wasn’t the problem with the bronco, or unless you had a super greedy, dishonest dealer, but that seems to be the minority. The manufacturer was completely at fault with the Bronco rollout. Don’t know that a direct manufacturer order would have improved anything. It likely would have made things worse as Ford is not built for direct order.

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No price will not drop. No Tesla is doing an awful job at it. Have you seen their complaint list. Tesla is a crap company that only has followers because of the narcissist that uses your money to make himself ultra wealthy!
Few people between the manufacturer and the customer will lead to lower prices or greater net income. ALL of the Tesla owners that I know love their cars and had a very easy purchase experience.

Perhaps one day we will find out.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If the selling price was set in stone for all dealers at MSRP then dealers would have to fight for customers with great customer service in the buying experience and subsequent vehicle service. That would be a refreshing change from the majority of bloodsucking dealerships we have now.

RedolentSurge

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How so?

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How soon it is forgotten how vehicles could be bought off the lot or ordered “ way under MSRP” via the dealer system. Unfortunately for us all, the Bronco arrived in the middle of this world wide fiasco, and it is a highly sought after vehicle. Yes, Ford ,for whatever financial, business or legal reason changed the reservation rules mid stream. However, I am confident if they had their way, they would have much rather been able to build every reservation and fill the lots in order to meet the demand. Straight from the factory pricing has its benefit, but so does buying from a dealership when the consumer has leverage.
Sponsored