First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
You better not be jinxing me, haven't had to replace a windshield in 10 years!
Yes I haven't either. Common sense tells me the enthusiasts on here drive more aggressive than the average driver and that's why they're getting so many cracked windshields but I could be wrong.

I have had more flats in the past year than ever before though! To the point that I'm replacing my street tires with LTs very soon after buying (base).
Sponsored

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes you are correct. But nothing is for free. I've had both repairs and replacements that don't cost me anything up front. But when my policy renewed, the rate increased. When I asked, they explained about the claims for the windshield in the past. The increase is still minor, compared to paying for the replacement of windshield. But you still pay in the end.

It sucks because I'm planning on trading in my Jeep. Just returned from a trip to Texas, and wouldn't you know it, I caught a rock. No repair on this one. I will need to replace the windshield.
they gave you some BS bc its easier to say that than to get into the details of policies. Comp claims should not increase you premium unless you have several. However, they do impact you if you try to move to another company.

its difficult for policy services to explain premium increases bc they dont have the knowledge of underwriting. examples being.... increase to remain competitive, fraud in your area, etc.

btw im not just spitting BS. before i opened my own business i worked for Progressive for 19 years and left as a senior manager.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm on my third windshield on my Flex, which is more vertical than most Fords. I'm not sure what caused the first replacement but the second was my fault -- Ford really makes rearview mirror removal tricky.

I had a 96 Ram Van that also had a rather upright windshield. Surprisingly it never had a replacement.

Hopefully the Bronco isn't as prone to cracks as the Jeep -- my state/insurance doesn't have special windshield rates. $500 a pop for my Flex.

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I’ve replaced or fixed every windshield on pretty much every car I’ve ever owned. Some many multiples of time. If you drive on the road and ever follow a vehicle with aggressive treads, you will get a rock thrown at you. Glass and stones don’t play well together. If it is a chip, get it fixed fast. Freezing water and chips get along even worse. The fix is cheap if not free at most glass shops with comp.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Jesus H Christ on a cross, where are you people driving? I’ve never had to repair or replace a windshield. I’ve been driving for 33 years.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Jesus H Christ on a cross, where are you people driving? I’ve never had to repair or replace a windshield. I’ve been driving for 33 years.
Consider yourself lucky. I’ve even had it happen in your neck of the woods going from Newark to Mahwah in a rental car. Doesn’t take much. I try to avoid being behind equipment carriers or dump trucks but.... of course I’m older than dirt so I do have a few miles under my butt.

Sponsored

Potatomafia

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Tahoe PPV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm in Florida (again) so I'm not too worried.

I bought my new 2012 JK here and then moved to Idaho in September 2014. By January 2015, my windshield was toast. They gravel the hell out of the roads there in the winter and my poor JK took a beating.
Ford Bronco Prepare for regular Windshield replacements 20150109_164433

I've been back in Florida for 2 years now and have had only one rock strike on my truck in that time. Which of course left a star but it's below my vision line so it's not a priority to get it fixed.

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never had a windshield replaced in 25 years of driving.

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe I am wrong, but the windshield on the bronco has a very similar positioning to the wrangler. If you haven't had the jeep baptism yet, you aren't familiar with their inability to take glancing blows from rocks off the front glass. I easily needed 1-2 new windshields a year when I had my JKU.

So, while you still have time, starting thinking about moving to places like South Carolina, where insurance replaces/repairs these for free.
That sure as Hell ain't gonna make me move to South Carolina ?

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe I am wrong, but the windshield on the bronco has a very similar positioning to the wrangler. If you haven't had the jeep baptism yet, you aren't familiar with their inability to take glancing blows from rocks off the front glass. I easily needed 1-2 new windshields a year when I had my JKU.

So, while you still have time, starting thinking about moving to places like South Carolina, where insurance replaces/repairs these for free.
10 years and 150K miles on my JK and still have the original windshield with no chips or cracks. I don't know how that's possible. It's been hit a few times even. I know other JK owners who have gone through 3 in a year though.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in Florida (again) so I'm not too worried.

I bought my new 2012 JK here and then moved to Idaho in September 2014. By January 2015, my windshield was toast. They gravel the hell out of the roads there in the winter and my poor JK took a beating.
Ford Bronco Prepare for regular Windshield replacements 20150109_164433

I've been back in Florida for 2 years now and have had only one rock strike on my truck in that time. Which of course left a star but it's below my vision line so it's not a priority to get it fixed.
They put gravel on the roads in the winter? Where is that? Does everyone have broken windshields and chipped to hell front ends? I'm in New England, with some serious winter weather and have never heard of this.
Sponsored