First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I took delivery of my long awaited Bronco Wildtrak day before yesterday. So far, it’s everything I had hoped and more. I found a bolt along with a piece of clear plastic when I was looking over the engine today. I’m hoping it’s just an extra bolt that got dropped during manufacture, but there are three open bolt holes nearby. I took a photo. The (hopefully dropped) bolt is circled in red, and the open bolt holes are circled in yellow. Can a mechanic, engineer, or knowledgeable layman tell me what these open bolt holes are and what they are affixed to? Do you think this is just a dropped bolt? Thanks for any advice.
Ford Bronco Probably just a superfluous bolt? 5D63D0DA-E353-426E-B329-DA996A423784
Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took delivery of my long awaited Bronco Wildtrak day before yesterday. So far, it’s everything I had hoped and more. I found a bolt along with a piece of clear plastic when I was looking over the engine today. I’m hoping it’s just an extra bolt that got dropped during manufacture, but there are three open bolt holes nearby. I took a photo. The (hopefully dropped) bolt is circled in red, and the open bolt holes are circled in yellow. Can a mechanic, engineer, or knowledgeable layman tell me what these open bolt holes are and what they are affixed to? Do you think this is just a dropped bolt? Thanks for any advice.
Ford Bronco Probably just a superfluous bolt? 5D63D0DA-E353-426E-B329-DA996A423784
The unfilled bolt holes are normal. Probably just dropped parts.

I found a 1" jagged piece of hard clear plastic from inside the engine on my first oil drain...

BigBend530

Big Bend
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2Dr.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
When replacing my kick panel speakers I found a loose locking thread nut when trying to retrieve a bilt I dropped between the carpet and floor. Had the same finish as that bolt you circled. Faster to grab another than fish that one out I guess.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yep, the open threaded inserts circled are for a engine cover if you decide to purchase and install.

IMG_20230129_134644.jpg

Sponsored

Broncobren

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WT High Pkg MIC Mod Bumper
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What is the clear circular plastic thing next to the bolt on the left?

OP
OP
wizardoforange

wizardoforange

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What is the clear circular plastic thing next to the bolt on the left?
It's just a flimsy piece of plastic found right at that spot along with the bolt. I'm guessing it might have been a top to a throwaway container of some kind.

Last edited:

Dannebrog53

Wildtrak
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak, Porsche Macan S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco Probably just a superfluous bolt? IMG_20230129_134644
I’ve also found a bolt lying loose in our Wildtrak. It seems to be a recurring thing with Ford. When we took delivery of our 1979 Bronco it to had a couple of loose bolts laying on the intake manifold.
Sponsored