indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Majority of interactions citizens have with police these days, involve motor vehicle operations. Too much of policing has devolved into hassling drives and generating revenue from vehicle infractions.

Some officers I know, told me a lot depends on officer discretion. Because if an officer wants, she/he can find a way to pull you over for something. Some officers have poor discretion. I'd say that was the case in this situation.
Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Forget the doors, I have seen some vehicle modifications that are in such poor taste, the owner should be imprisoned.

reaper5252006

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

While I don’t agree with stopping the Bronco for not having doors on, they were completely within the legality to do so…and gave the OP a warning. No fine, no trip to court.

For this, you wish this person injures themselves as a payback?

Interesting outlook on humanity.
Apparently you don't know this, but there are other types of people out there outside of just you who have a little crazy in them unfortunately, mine is pretty small wishing a twisted ankle on someone for being a nuisance to another human being.

reaper5252006

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why? He didn’t give the OP a ticket, he gave him a warning. This let the OP know to be a aware of the possibility.

Personally I would run the OEM tube doors, and join the Jeep lobby for door freedom.
Just because he gave him a warning doesn't mean that the OP would ever get pulled over in general, there are hundreds of laws that people are completely unaware of that people don't get pulled over for, etc. It doesn't mean the officer needs to stop someone to enlighten them. Saying that I wish a twisted ankle on someone is very light for basically joking around (hence, my LOL) but seriously, I hate when police officers waste people's time.

Don't also say that well now he is aware since he got the warning, he would have been the same amount of aware if he ever got a ticket in the future, but I'm willing to bet getting a ticket for that is something is extremely low probability. Similar to how many cops try to not pull over unless you reach a certain threshold. Police officers have a very tricky job of trying to issue citations and also increase public opinion of themselves, stopping people for something that most would do if they had the same vehicle doesn't hold well in my personal opinion of an officer.

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That's interesting. In Murrysville (PA) on Thursday, Franklin-Regional School district was having a parade for graduating seniors; I saw at least one Wrangler with all 4 doors removed (in the pouring rain) loaded with 4 students, with several Murrysville police guiding traffic. No issue.

Sponsored

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Move to washington(state not dc)..you can now legally run away from the police when they try to pull you over and are not allowed to chase u unless they believe you're drunk or committed serious crime..just smile and wave good bye.......

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Move to washington(state not dc)..you can now legally run away from the police when they try to pull you over and are not allowed to chase u unless they believe you're drunk or committed serious crime..just smile and wave good bye.......
But really don't, this state is circling the drain chasing after CA.

OP
OP
VictoryLights

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I plan on taking the roof off when weather permits, but taking tue doors off seems to be too much trouble, plus no where to store them. I think I’ll check with the dealership about the laws here if I do.

I was born and raised in SEPA, left in 1979, returned to SWPA in 2007 and left again in 2009. Can’t say I don’t miss it, but I am happy to have lived elsewhere for the majority of my life. Auto inspections are one very good reason why. That and too many cops looking to pull you over for a minor traffic infringement. I wonder if the cops in any of the PA state parks would leave you alone.
Hey @JPye! The garage storage bags are really nice. They are high quality and have padding on the bottom which allows you to set the doors on the floor resting against the garage walls. I think they’re worth it.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Was pulled over in Pennsylvania today for having the doors off. It’s technically illegal in our state, but it’s almost never the primary reason for the stop. He let me go with a warning. I’m most upset that this is a local officer for me, so taking the doors off is basically out of question for me moving forward. What a stupid law.

1654289461527.png
How can you say it's a stupid law without getting into politics. LOL. You would not have laws without politics.

Anyway, sucks that you won't have the freedom to go doorless. I would be pretty irritated that someone felt that they had nothing better to do than to pull you over for a "warning".

However, maybe that traffic stop saved someone else from the road tax brigade.

Sponsored

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Personally, I’d buy the tube doors and tell them it was an option from Ford if you get stopped with those on.
Tube doors are not original equipment, they re optional.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’s a nice gesture in theory, but now i can’t get caught by him again 😂
What makes you think that? He's allowed to give you as many warnings as he wants!

NAP51DMustang

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nun-ya
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It says “unless the vehicle has been modified to the extent that there is no roof or side”. It doesn’t say that BOTH the roof and side have to be removed…I’d think that it should pass if you have the top removed 🤷🏻‍♂️
That only applies to the immediate clause of the doors opening and closing securely.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
LOL! Yep, the beer laws were really something here! They did make some changes and we can buy beer and wine in some grocery stores and some gas stations now, but that has only been for about 2 years now I think.
Yeah, when we visit my daughter and her family in Chester County, the local Giant and Wegmans sell beer and wine, but only at specific checkout registers. Go figure. Like all of their employees aren't capable of checking IDs?

OP
OP
VictoryLights

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How can you say it's a stupid law without getting into politics. LOL. You would not have laws without politics.

Anyway, sucks that you won't have the freedom to go doorless. I would be pretty irritated that someone felt that they had nothing better to do than to pull you over for a "warning".

However, maybe that traffic stop saved someone else from the road tax brigade.
Believe me, I didn’t put “no politics” into the thread title. The admin does that when people start to stray.
Sponsored