Sponsored

Updated: RAKET “Multi-Top” Roof Rack

RAKET Roof Rack Poll….Would you rather have a...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WheelMe

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The front brackets and rear towers can stay on, even without the basket installed, is that correct?

Is this the "slimmed down" version of the tower that we're seeing in the latest photos here? It looks good in black, and may look even better if slimmer. Good work!
Sponsored

Last edited:

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Great question. Here’s the pro/con:

Con: You can’t leave it connected since the MARK II tower is also going to be lower.
Pro: We’re using Pem fasteners for the 6 bolts, so this can be unscrewed in less than 5 minutes.
Pro: The final tower should be closer to >50 pounds, so an easy lift/drop top/reattach won’t be too difficult.
Didn’t your original plan include quick release tower crossmember? Can you briefly explain the process from fully on to fully down (position 2)? Loving the look/functionality of position 1 so far.

Last edited:

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

exactly. I’m sure they work well for others but the RAKET system will work with/without the top on. I’m hoping the weather improves and we may test this topless (the Bronco that is). Thanks for the input.
Anyone have any idea what is behind the cover on the B pillars (the ones behind the front door) Seems like if there were factory bolt holes we could be attaching something there in the way of rack mounts. I won't be the guinea pig to pull them off and be unable to reattach

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The front brackets and rear towers can stay on, even without the basket installed, is that correct?

Is this the "slimmed down" version of the tower that we're seeing in the latest photos here? It looks good in black, and may look even better if slimmer. Good work!
Yes…the front assembly will be 3 inches lower with an improved approach angle. It will double as a lightbar mount. The rear tower doubles as a molle panel accessory independent from the basket. Lastly the basket is REVERSIBLE so you have a basket…or a flat surface capability. Here’s a quick picture I just took. The final product will be (imo) a game changer.

Thanks,
Derick

Last edited:
OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Didn’t your original plan include quick release tower crossmember? Can you briefly explain the process from fully on to fully down (position 2)? Loving the look/functionality of position 1 so far.
Thanks. I don’t think we ever had a quick release for the crossmember. We rely heavily on the structure to keep our load capacities high. So here’s how our patented system works.

1. From fully installed and top on, remove 4 fasteners in the basket, and SLIDE the basket off :)…whaaaaat!! lol
2. Remove the 6 tower fasteners (3 each side) then lift/remove the tower.
3. Follow with the standard top-drop process.
4. Reverse process 2 and 1.

The benefit is it works with hard tops as well, so if you decide to switch at some point, there’s no need for a new rack system. Here’s the bonus…the basket is reversible, so you either have a basket or a flat surface for canoes, skis, boards.

Ford Bronco Updated: RAKET “Multi-Top” Roof Rack F7D46F52-2EDD-4DCC-A750-9A908E7F8109

Sponsored
OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Anyone have any idea what is behind the cover on the B pillars (the ones behind the front door) Seems like if there were factory bolt holes we could be attaching something there in the way of rack mounts. I won't be the guinea pig to pull them off and be unable to reattach
I believe someone does utilize those, but limited to the top being off.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@RAKET - thanks for that explanation. I’m really excited to see the next iteration.

Do you remove the towers from the base - so, the sides/molle are removed too? Or just the top portion that goes across the roof?

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@RAKET - thanks for that explanation. I’m really excited to see the next iteration.

Do you remove the towers from the base - so, the sides/molle are removed too? Or just the top portion that goes across the roof?
The tower is one piece. You separate it from the side mounting brackets and lift the system off the Bronco. Leaving it on is an absolute option as shown here:

Ford Bronco Updated: RAKET “Multi-Top” Roof Rack F290B703-E997-48BF-9464-39D2F1AE6731

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ok, that’s more work that I had originally anticipated - BUT, that being said - after two summers with a soft top I was in position 1 nearly every day and position 2 - I can count on one hand.

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ok, that’s more work that I had originally anticipated - BUT, that being said - after two summers with a soft top I was in position 1 nearly every day and position 2 - I can count on one hand.
I am 100% in the same boat. Since I’ve had my Bronco l’ve only been in position 2 a handful as well. The design of position 1 is plenty to get sun. Also, it may seem like a lot, it it takes less than 10 minutes (especially if you have someone helping).

Sponsored

zerk4321

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The tower is one piece. You separate it from the side mounting brackets and lift the system off the Bronco. Leaving it on is an absolute option as shown here:

Ford Bronco Updated: RAKET “Multi-Top” Roof Rack F290B703-E997-48BF-9464-39D2F1AE6731
So, can the rack (basket) be on with the top in position 1?

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So, can the rack (basket) be on with the top in position 1?
Great question; the answer is no. Position 1 puts the top up high, which would interfere with the basket. You can easily (4 bolts) take off the basket, then position 1 works.

Bemcnamara

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F56S MINI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's nice that the basket is reversible, but I would still prefer a flat deck option if you made one.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like that the rear towers can stand apart. Could I strap something like a 10x10 canopy to just that piece across the top?

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It's nice that the basket is reversible, but I would still prefer a flat deck option if you made one.
Understood. It would actually be easier so we may make it an option. I would assume load capacity will be less, without the added frame.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.